Antonio (West ham)

That first goal was just a case of Right I am scoring here and no one is gong to stop me. Pure determination and skill.
And I just thought of a comparison so question for Man Utd fans (is there any on here? lol) - would you rather have powder puff Martial or big Antonio as your #9 ?

blossomed into an excellent player
powerful, scores plenty

if he was sold for the numbers that others go for, he'd be worth it given the return he gives you

Watched him during his time at Wednesday before he moved to Forest. Made his debut in the Sheffield derby against United that season and scored one of the goals on the final day that pipped them to an automatic promotion slot, so to say there's fond memories there is an understatement.

He was raw then. Too good for League One but had to learn a few things in the Championship. But he had the tools. Frightening mix of pace and power. He's slapped some bulk on recently and developed a real eye for goal. No reason he can't become a great top flight centre forward even at 31 and I'd take him over plenty others in that division at the minute.

Really easy player to back to do well, too.

I think that's frankly just ignorance. I'd bet that his written and read spanish is pretty bad, and we know he didn't spend much time in school as a kid.

I disagree, he should have learned enough English in three years to conduct an interview.

I hope so because if he cant speak English after three years that's frankly a nonsense.

It isn't really though. Most people who move to a foreign country intending to only spend a few years there for work only learn the language if they absolutely have to - and footballers generally don't have to. It's also harder to learn another language if you're poorly educated, or don't at least understand the rules of your own native language.

But Alfredo can speak more English than he lets on, which a few of our players have confirmed. (Probably helped that Kent can speak some Spanish and Tav apparently took lessons to help communicate with Alfredo.) Same with Gareth Bale speaking more Spanish than most folk realise. It's not uncommon for sportspeople and celebrities who aren't completely fluent in a language to use interpreters for interviews instead of mangling the language; Canelo Alvarez can speak English but usually doesn't in public, for example. And I don't blame Alfredo for avoiding interviews with the media here given how they portray him - they'd gleefully take the piss if he used the wrong word here or there.

If Antonio can keep fit that will be is the key to West Ham having a good season, at the top of his game he is pretty much unplayable.
I also thought Big Dunc and not too often because he was injured mostly Andy Carroll were the same.

We'll ship you off to a foreign country for a few years, and you can get back to us.
You can if you like, Ive lived more of my life abroad than I have in Scotland and speak fluent Arabic, French, Italian, and conversational Spanish.

One thing I've always wondered is how many forgotten players could've played at a higher level had they played in the correct position? Obviously you can never really know but it's quite interesting that in another world, a player who was a journeyman midfielder could've been a quality full-back and stuff like that.

A thread about Michail Antonio = arguing about how much English Alfredo Morelos can speak o_O

Caught an interview with Antonio on Football Focus at the weekend. He came across as a cracking big fella.

You can if you like, Ive lived more of my life abroad than I have in Scotland and speak fluent Arabic, French, Italian, and conversational Spanish.

Just because you have been in a country for years doesn't mean you should be fluent in the language.

A lot depends on the standard of education you received as a child whether or not you have the capabilities to learn another language as an adult.

Back