Antwerp fans reaction to the game

Our worst European performance and a bunch of jobbers with two talented players are swept aside without hitting anywhere near to top gear. To sum up, it appears that Belgians have an over inflated idea of their qualities and their competition. Don’t want to piss in their mayonnaise but they are 100% out of this competition and their chips are down.

Given the type of game it was the atmosphere would have been unreal.
I noticed that the full front of the stand behind our goal in the second half was all "safe standing" so it's fair to say that antwerps "ultras" would have been in there. I couldn't really work out where we would have been placed in the stadium, probably in the opposite corner I suppose. However we would have probably taken over most of the stand opposite their main stand and the atmosphere of being at the game live would have been immense

I've only been in Antwerp once. I needed a pee in a park and went to a public toilet and it was full of cottagers. I made a hasty exit.

The Rangers have seen their best match of the season, twitter explodes. But could go in any direction.

Is flemish the smell when you ride 2 burds in one weekend? Oxters. Not Forey

Last edited:
It just shows how much our reputation is harmed by all the other Scottish clubs being knocked out so early in humiliating fashion year after year.

Every set of opposition fans says the same thing: ‘big historic club but terrible league. We’ll be too strong for them’.

It’s handy to be underrated but I’m rather bored of the constant condescension.

Just for any Antwerp lurkers, know wit yous are like ...

va te faire foutre groupe de haggis-wannabees belges d'Anvers, prends-le droit ici on est ici on y va putain

English Translation: '%^*& you bunch of antwerp belgian haggis-wannabees get it right up yae here we here we here we fucking go'

B-D :)) :shh:
CatchyB-D

I noticed that the full front of the stand behind our goal in the second half was all "safe standing" so it's fair to say that antwerps "ultras" would have been in there. I couldn't really work out where we would have been placed in the stadium, probably in the opposite corner I suppose. However we would have probably taken over most of the stand opposite their main stand and the atmosphere of being at the game live would have been immense
In Belgium it's not really possible to take over stands and clubs tend to not sell more tickets for away fans than can fit in the away section (so not like Braga for example). Police just won't allow it. So unfortunately the amount of Rangers fans would have been very small, about 1000 or so.

I know its supposed to be Flemish they speak but Google Translate doesn't supply that so just plumped for the 2nd best alternative tbh. Not very culturally sensitive of me, but hey, fk 1/2 us Scots don't talk English so hey ho...
Flemish is a dialect of Dutch rather than a language of its own, so you'd just have needed the Dutch translation

Flemish is a dialect of Dutch rather than a language of its own, so you'd just have needed the Dutch translation
Good to know, never really bothered with Belgium though Brugges does look nice. I just presumed it wasn't a dialect factor but an actual hybrid language between french and dutch.

The away section was clearly visible with fencing surrounding it, in the near corner down to the left of the camera.

Sums up the ignorance towards Scottish football tbh.

The level in Scotland isn't that bad and we have only conceded so few goals because of Shagger, solid defending and all round good play with pressing from the front. They shouldn't have the right to score 3 goals into a team like ours tbh. We could've scored a few more too. They're pish and we'll destroy them at Ibrox.
I haven't seen three goals happen so bizarrely since we played Unirea Urziceni in the Champions League.

That first goal was a monster of a header from the edge of the box, but comes about due to Barisic having a rush of blood to the head and just being disorganised with the man-marking.

The second was never a penalty. No-one will ever be able to convince me that it was a penalty and the half should have been over.

The third was one of those wicked deflections the keeper can do nothing about. Happens every now and again.

I think we'll put at least two past them in the return leg and they simply aren't getting four goals against us at home.

Back