Any auld guys getting the new players' names wrong yet?

TN8

Watched the game in the boozer with my da.

Commentator mentioned Montano getting ready to come on (to replace the boy who should've been sent off). He goes I thought Montano was injured? Is he coming on for Wright? That's fucking Matondo, da.

Then in the 2nd half Tillman was getting Tielemans, the Leicester player, from the guy next to us. And despite me answering several times, he also kept saying "I don't know where he's meant tae be playing".

Then my da rounds it off by asking the whereabouts of "wee Yarmez" or some other fucking abomination.

Game was a hard enough watch without that pish!

Commentator mentioned Montano getting ready to come on (to replace the boy who should've been sent off). He goes I thought Montano was injured? Is he coming on for Wright? That's fucking Matondo, da.

Then in the 2nd half Tillman was getting Tielemans, the Leicester player, from the guy next to us. And despite me answering several times, he also kept saying "I don't know where he's meant tae be playing".

Then my da rounds it off by asking the whereabouts of "wee Yarmez" or some other fucking abomination.

My old Da used to call the Goalie Andy Gorman ffs!! :))

Nope.

Not me NT8.

I find it pretty unedifying and a bit offensive when people can't take five minutes to learn the name of a Rangers player. How long does it take to google it and say it over a few times?

Alan Rough and his mate giggling away like little schoolgirls because they couldn't say 'Damarcus Beasley' on Real Radio was the pits. Grow up man.

Match thread was still full of Lundstrum and Barasic, I can kind of understand when it’s a new signing but not guys that have been here for years.

An approximation is good enough gie yer da a break its no his fault players have fancy Dan names nowadays:)

My auld man passed away 10yrs ago but he was murder with the foreign players names. He Used to call Zurab Khizanishvili, Kishcanvilli. Fkn murder, just wanted to slap him when he got players names wrong. It’s almost if some guys get over the age of 60 they become embarrassed to say the name properly B-)

Mon tae fvck, yer Dad was one consonant out FFS..! :))

Our group chat is all 50 plus, you’ve no idea how bad it gets for names of players. Worst one today was “ big Mallick” for Tillman which is close to his first name but by the end of the game had morphed into “ big Malky “ :oops:and unfortunately now that’s what he will be known as on our chat full of auld rangers das.

Says the guy " the boy who should've been sent off " :p

Don't know about the new players, but there are at least 2 threads about 'Airfield' this afternoon

My dad is like this, for years he always gets their names wrong, he got Matondo wrong last night and called him Moronda!

• Haha
Reactions: TN8
I find it pretty unedifying and a bit offensive when people can't take five minutes to learn the name of a Rangers player. How long does it take to google it and say it over a few times?

Alan Rough and his mate giggling away like little schoolgirls because they couldn't say 'Damarcus Beasley' on Real Radio was the pits. Grow up man.

For me nothing will ever top Michael Moals (and yes, it was seen on here)

My dad is like this, for years he always gets their names wrong, he got Matondo wrong last night and called him Moronda!
5dig5w.jpg

Malik Tinman :))

plenty of folk on FF in their 20s and 30s unable to spell our players names correctly never mind the Auld guys getting them wrong

At my age all I can say is thank God the shirt numbers are in white as last season I hadn't a scooby.
Everytime I see or here Tillman I think of a Cat Stevens Album.

Back