Any auld guys getting the new players' names wrong yet?

My auld man passed away 10yrs ago but he was murder with the foreign players names. He Used to call Zurab Khizanishvili, Kishcanvilli. Fkn murder, just wanted to slap him when he got players names wrong. It’s almost if some guys get over the age of 60 they become embarrassed to say the name properly B-)
For us guys over 60 we struggle to keep up just speeding up the conversation. We sometimes need help and patience surprised managed to live this long with all the things we do wrong

Really like the look of the lad Malik Yilmaz and can’t wait to see Ridvan Tillman in action. It’s a shame wee Matunda picked up a knock so early on too.

On a side note, anyone know when to expect Morales back in the team?

For us guys over 60 we struggle to keep up just speeding up the conversation. We sometimes need help and patience surprised managed to live this long with all the things we do wrong
But I bet you can complete all the players of this team. Ritchie, Shea... -there will never be another team in our history that will be known by everyone of that era, 60 years later.

I would have to say that the older generation are far from alone in this and having heard horrendous diction at the game today from the young team on player’s names I don’t think there is much room for anyone to slag anyone off.

At my age all I can say is thank God the shirt numbers are in white as last season I hadn't a scooby.
Everytime I see or here Tillman I think of a Cat Stevens Album.
Watch passes from the Tillman
Goals from the Buff
Tackles from big Goldson who from England did come
Ibrox sing your hearts away
'Cause while the others chase, the people play
Oh Gio, how they play and play
For Davie Vos and for big Roy Makaay!

But I bet you can complete all the players of this team. Ritchie, Shea... -there will never be another team in our history that will be known by everyone of that era, 60 years later.
Ritchie Shearer Provan Greig McKinnon Baxter Henderson McMillan Forrest Brand Wilson what a team Baxter had the ability to be best in the world unbelievable talent.

Life is too short to bother about these things.
If there is a way to corrupt any name my Da will find it.
Last week he had 'the Covis' ,so anything is possible with players names.
Let it go and have a laugh at some of their efforts.

Marcus De Beasley!
My old man was unbearable with this one in particular. So bad in fact that to this day I get it wrong myself because I heard so many takes on it from him. He’s now well into his 70s and it isn’t getting any better with the names.

Fifteen years ago he signed and it’s as if it was yesterday - “ he’s greased lightning that wee De Beasley” :rolleyes: . No da his name is DaMarcus Beasley. I swear he went through the following -

“ Wee De Beasley”
“ Wee Doo Beasley”
“ Marcus Da Beasley”
“ The wee Beasley”
“ Wee Mark Beasley”
“ DuMarcus DooBeasley”
“ Mark Beasley “
“ Peter Beardsley”

I can actually feel my blood pressure going up as I post this. He basically called him everything except his actual name.

Last edited:
Watched the game in the boozer with my da.

Commentator mentioned Montano getting ready to come on (to replace the boy who should've been sent off). He goes I thought Montano was injured? Is he coming on for Wright? That's fucking Matondo, da.

Then in the 2nd half Tillman was getting Tielemans, the Leicester player, from the guy next to us. And despite me answering several times, he also kept saying "I don't know where he's meant tae be playing".

Then my da rounds it off by asking the whereabouts of "wee Yarmez" or some other fucking abomination.

Game was a hard enough watch without that pish!
Snap. My old man is balloon d'or material for this. Morales obviously must be an age thing and not just confined to super.

Put him straight then. Tell him how much it upsets you. Tell him you had to tell FF what he’s like.
Old people like your ‘da’ should be told that they annoy you when they don’t understand something.

Commentator mentioned Montano getting ready to come on (to replace the boy who should've been sent off). He goes I thought Montano was injured? Is he coming on for Wright? That's fucking Matondo, da.

Then in the 2nd half Tillman was getting Tielemans, the Leicester player, from the guy next to us. And despite me answering several times, he also kept saying "I don't know where he's meant tae be playing".

Then my da rounds it off by asking the whereabouts of "wee Yarmez" or some other fucking abomination.

It’s nothing to do with age - it’s lazy ignorance.

Ritchie Shearer Provan Greig McKinnon Baxter Henderson McMillan Forrest Brand Wilson what a team Baxter had the ability to be best in the world unbelievable talent.
I wasn’t born then but know that team, despite, so I’ve read, that they didn’t actually play as an eleven all that often.
Surely though, most would know our team in Barcelona in 72.

Some belters on here but to be fair the "Airfield" one is an autocorrect.

And on that note, I wish big Katie all the best, now that he's been told he can leave.

Reads to me like they were tag-teaming to wind you up!

Latest posts

Back