Any ex serving soldiers on FF who suffer from PTSD.

I would like to invite a couple along to my charity golf day free of charge.

You just need to get yourself along to it.

18 holes 2 course meal.

DM if interested.

All the information is in this link.
Don’t suffer in silence.

Fantastic post and very nice gesture.

A wee donation to your charity on it's way from me.

The charity helps pay for ex servicemen and women bills when they can’t work.
Plus blue light services workers or anyone who suffers from PTSD.

More importantly they get folk out walking and talking with others who are fighting it.

I was golfing with 3 ex servicemen through in Musselborough.

All 3 had to sit with their backs to the wall.

Some of the stories are frightening to what they’ve seen.

The charity helps pay for ex servicemen and women bills when they can’t work.
Plus blue light services workers or anyone who suffers from PTSD.

More importantly they get folk out walking and talking with others who are fighting it.

I was golfing with 3 ex servicemen through in Musselborough.

All 3 had to sit with their backs to the wall.

Some of the stories are frightening to what they’ve seen.
Tip my hat to you and hopefully gives a couple of FFers good day out.
I'll go one better than Nakedbear, not quite Vegas.
Try spending time in a thunderbox with D&V whilst being mortared. It felt like every time I was running for the loo the dickers were playing games with me.
My troop thought it was fucken hysterical. :)

Great gesture @Fourladshadadream.

Unfortunately I never got out of basic due to medical issues that got found during it and some of the stories I listened to from injured veterans when goto different army dr’s was unreal.

Tip my hat to you and hopefully gives a couple of FFers good day out.
I'll go one better than Nakedbear, not quite Vegas.
Try spending time in a thunderbox with D&V whilst being mortared. It felt like every time I was running for the loo the dickers were playing games with me.
My troop thought it was fucken hysterical. :)
Colin McClachlan is coming along.

He’s got stories like yours.

The black humour in the forces was funny.

He’s bringing them out in a book.
Fought the MOD trying to get it released for a few yrs.

On a serious note though, one of our guys never returned from post tour leave after self-harming the weekend he was due to return to barracks.
That's when you realise PTSD is real and not just for those that were looking for excuses.

On a serious note though, one of our guys never returned from post tour leave after self-harming the weekend he was due to return to barracks.
That's when you realise PTSD is real and not just for those that were looking for excuses.
That’s gutting.

The golf day isn’t about making money.

It’s getting the word out there.

There’s help from soldiers who’s been there.

And came out the other side.

Walk & talk with those who’s been there.
It’s not from a book as Cal says.

I would like to invite a couple of FF ex servicemen or woman along to my charity golf day free of charge.

18 holes 2 course meal.

DM if interested.

Don’t suffer in silence.

Fantastic mate but currently can hardly walk and just about to start more treatment with Combat Stress. Been with them since 2014 and HFH as Glasgow doesn’t have veterans mental health but Wishaw does on the NHS which is a very long waiting list.

Without your help a lot of us would be left to rot so thank you and I hope everyone has a great day.

May I also say whacking a golf ball is fantastic for mental health we got taken to the golf range a few times and although I’m like happy Gilmour it was a great release.

Again Thank You for caring:)

Fantastic mate but currently can hardly walk and just about to start more treatment with Combat Stress. Been with them since 2014 and HFH as Glasgow doesn’t have veterans mental health but Wishaw does on the NHS which is a very long waiting list.

Without your help a lot of us would be left to rot so thank you and I hope everyone has a great day.

May I also say whacking a golf ball is fantastic for mental health we got taken to the golf range a few times and although I’m like happy Gilmour it was a great release.

Glasgow has nothing? I never knew that mate. I live down south.

I would like to invite a couple of FF ex servicemen or woman along to my charity golf day free of charge.

18 holes 2 course meal.

DM if interested.

Don’t suffer in silence.

Brilliant mate, well done.

Love to see our hero’s recognised as often as possible, we could never repay any of them for their service and sacrifice but anything to help in some small way is priceless.

I’m sure it’s appreciated by the lads and lassies as well.

It got taken away I only knew about Wishaw after ending up in hospital at the start of the pandemic. The first point/contact I can never remember the name came to see me as I was struggling at the time but she couldn’t help as I’m a G postcode.
It makes me furious how we are treated when we come home.
A few years ago our enemies were allowed to march through Glasgow with their republican shite.
It broke my heart and drove me to tears seeing them doing that, and worse still, being protected by the police.
The city I was born and raised in allowed that filth to walk our streets. It broke my heart. Yet us that served get no help. We have to rely on charities. It’s wrong.

18 holes 2 course meal.

DM if interested.

Don’t suffer in silence.

Great gesture and very worthy cause - well done to all involved.

It makes me furious how we are treated when we come home.
A few years ago our enemies were allowed to march through Glasgow with their republican shite.
It broke my heart and drove me to tears seeing them doing that, and worse still, being protected by the police.
The city I was born and raised in allowed that filth to walk our streets. It broke my heart. Yet us that served get no help. We have to rely on charities. It’s wrong.
Think this was the last time my Battalion went through Glasgow I was out by then to busy at the bottom of a bottle to even know it happened tbh.

I was at the course at the Dukes where they were helping soldiers become caddies.

One lad I know who suffers from PTSD is now a caddie up in St Andrews.

Soldiers there from all over the world.
Missing limbs but still going at it.

I wish you all the best in your recovery.
Combat stress is a great charity.

Another lad o know would walk to his front door and could not walk through it.

Golf saved his life(his words not mine).

Last WDC golf day we had a medic through for free as he was struggling badly.
Posting on Fb all hrs of the morning.
You could tell he was struggling.
He loved being back with his ex squaddies.
Went around with a 5 iron and a putter lol
He now golf’s for the army I’m sure around the world.

Thanks for your service.

Cap doffed once again , gutted I can’t make the day but you are more than welcome to come to mine and bring a couple of sqauddies as my guests.
Though I’m no buying you drink , I’ve seen ye lol

There's potential new treatments in the pipeline and they are showing huge results in the trials so far, especially in the US who are ahead of us. Of course this charity work you're doing, along with others, is essential, so hats off to you and everyone involved.
Fingers crossed.

The stats in the US of losing more soldiers out of battle than actually on the frontline is mental.

Bush Gardens etc let soldiers and family in for free.

18 holes 2 course meal.

DM if interested.

Don’t suffer in silence.

Great charity and one of my mates help set it up. I retired just over a year ago after 34 years service.

Great charity and one of my mates help set it up. I retired just over a year ago after 34 years service.
Certainly is mate.

I only help with their golf day.
My 2nd one for them.
Share a lot of their stuff.

Speak to Callum & Colin.

Known Colin for a few years now.

Certainly is mate.

I only help with their golf day.
My 2nd one for them.
Share a lot of their stuff.

Speak to Callum & Colin.

Known Colin for a few years now.
I've known Callum for over 20 years as we both served in the KOSB. Unfortunately, I don't like golf, but if it was a trail run, then I would definitely be interested. I am sure you will get loads of veterans wanting to play golf and thanks for helping out.

Think this was the last time my Battalion went through Glasgow I was out by then to busy at the bottom of a bottle to even know it happened tbh.

Beautiful mate. I’m Parachute regiment and served alongside you boys.
I apologise for bringing up the scum march in my previous post. It hurt, but they don’t matter. They never will. Unfortunately we have a poison that governs Scotland, but that’s for another thread in the lounge apparently. I don’t have enough posts.
PTSD is real. It comes in many forms and not just to us that have served. I can only speak for us that have served.
I have no regrets. I fought for my country and haven’t, and never will vote for any politician.
We chose that path in life. As an older soldier it hurts to watch what this country has become. Nobody understands what we’ve seen unless they’ve been there. Our families understand but I’ve still had they moments where I like to be alone and think about my brothers.
Unfortunately I’m not in Scotland but I hope people benefit from this day.

I've known Callum for over 20 years as we both served in the KOSB. Unfortunately, I don't like golf, but if it was a trail run, then I would definitely be interested. I am sure you will get loads of veterans wanting to play golf and thanks for helping out.
Spoke to him on the phone a few times about the golf.
He loved doing his motorcycle lessons.

Hopefully he can make it through for the golf.

Served & worked with Colin for years after we got out.

Can tell you a story you’ve already heard and still have you rolling around by the punch line!

Hope you have a great day.

Back