Any truth to this? - Billel Omrani, could Rangers bid for Cluj forward?

It's mainly suggested, on here and twitter, that it's them that would be interested.

I haven't seen him play so can't comment on his ability but I'd be surprised if we were going to spend that amount on essentially a third choice striker. Wouldn't be against it if he's good mind you.

£3.2m for a third choice striker?

Struggling to see that myself but would rather it be someone with a physical presence than someone like Brophy if another striker does arrive

Be surprised if its the mentally challenged also.

They have thumb, edouard, think yon ivorian boy is a forward too.

If we progress to the group stages of Europa, it’s another circa $15m in the coffers

Additionally, we are then looking at a 60 (?) match season?

It's mainly suggested, on here and twitter, that it's them that would be interested.

I haven't seen him play so can't comment on his ability but I'd be surprised if we were going to spend that amount on essentially a third choice striker. Wouldn't be against it if he's good mind you.

He may not be 3rd choice.
One thing our manager likes is competition and he is good lethal striker much in the vein of Jelavic.Tall athletic etc…
Scored two very good goals against them the second at the Giltterdome was absolute killer!
Much may depend on their first leg whether he goes anywhere but we do need another striker and this guy fits the bill.

We’ve just paid that on 3rd choice centre half lol

Haha I knew someone would come back with that as soon as I hit send.

To be fair, when we signed Helander it was assumed (at the price anyway) that he'd be going straight into the XI but Goldson & Katic have kept him out with their excellent form. Plus, we had lost two CB's over the summer & needed to replace.

Still don't see us spending that much on a striker that's probably not going to see a lot of game time - barring injury/suspension.

Don’t know about the player but, as has been posted, far too much for a third choice anything.
On a side note, could somebody post the link on that page ranking our away strips.

To use a much loved FF phrase - "I think my sister is hot"

Hence why there is no point either us or the Paedophiles signing him to play in SPFL !

Signings should be guys we haven't heard of never mind played against or that our local rivals have.

Haha I knew someone would come back with that as soon as I hit send.

To be fair, when we signed Helander it was assumed (at the price anyway) that he'd be going straight into the XI but Goldson & Katic have kept him out with their excellent form. Plus, we had lost two CB's over the summer & needed to replace.

Still don't see us spending that much on a striker that's probably not going to see a lot of game time - barring injury/suspension.

Coincidence or stevie g wisdom....I'll go with the latter

He may not be 3rd choice.
One thing our manager likes is competition and he is good lethal striker much in the vein of Jelavic.Tall athletic etc…
Scored two very good goals against them the second at the Giltterdome was absolute killer!
Much may depend on their first leg whether he goes anywhere but we do need another striker and this guy fits the bill.
Ok. I'll ask. He's played for Cluj, can he play for us in Europe?
Different competition?

Not a chance we're paying that for someone who's vastly inferior to our 2 current strikers.

I like the way everyone goes on about paying a decent fee for a third choice striker!

To me the time to bring in another striker is now, get him bedded in and ready as Defoe could be gone or even done after another hard, full on season and if Alfie keeps going the way he has started he will be gone to the highest bidder ( providing they meet the valuation)

I’d be surprised if there was any truth to this, but if there was, when exactly did we scout the guy?

Or is it just a case of seeing him on the telly against the Rattlers and thinking he could do a job for us?

Ok. I'll ask. He's played for Cluj, can he play for us in Europe?
Different competition?

Pretty sure he could play in the group stages if we qualified.

He looked a decent player, was more of a wide forward than a striker, but I'd be disappoited if we were spending decent money on him - there will be better options available at that price. Also, Celtic's right back was woeful so Grezda would have had a field day against him.

Did we not pay over 3 million for a centre defender to sit on the bench ?
Better option than Kilmarnock foward
Theoretically no. The fact that Helander is further behind in terms of fitness has no bearing on whether he’ll end up being a starter for us as the season progresses. On paper he has a better CV than arguably any of our centre backs.

If we progress to the group stages of Europa, it’s another circa $15m in the coffers

Fair point.

We do have a big squad already but if we can shift a few on and make the EL groups, another quality addition is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Thought prize money would be in Euros rather than Dollars for that competition. Also is that figure correct? Seems a bit high.

I spent a few minutes watching youtube clips there. Not impressed at all. I know it's not the best indicator right enough but still.

I just want a left back!

When he was brought up last week a few folk mentioned that his less than stellar goals return (a bit under 1 in 2) was because he was often played as a wide forward. That made me think our interest is a little more credible. It’s not clear yet whether we have enough goals from wide and a 1 in 2 guy from wide could be very useful. It also increases his chances to feature so he wouldn’t just be third choice striker. I’m not convinced and I suspect that it’s more likely Celtic in for him but it might not be a crazy purchase, especially if we’ve accepted that we aren’t getting Kent.

Edit: and, if we’re trying to pick up a lesser striker from the SPL then i’d much prefer Cosgrove to Brophy.

Back