Any word on Sima’s injury?

Desperately hoping the big man’s injury doesn’t have him out long. Any word yet on how long he might be out?

I agree, I think Sima's fitness is key to our season, we need him back asap.

We're not getting enough from the other wide men, although I think Cortes was on track to do that.

Sima adds a different dimension with his strength, pace and aerial ability. You could see the difference when he came on against the bheasts. That prick Taylor couldn't get near him.

We don't have enough goals in the team.

I would say he's pretty critical to what happens the next few weeks.

Going by the ankle he had the ice pack attached to his leg, the angle he was sitting and and how many ice cubes were in the pack, it’s clear he has a 0.75 grade F hamstring twang.

He will be out for 3.5 days
You don't hear enough twang these days. Not heard it used in a sentence since one of the boys said he nearly 'twanged his banjo string' during the great Pamela Anderson scuddy video pass round of 96.

Last edited:
Yup. And it's unlikely to be good news. A recurring hamstring injury isn't going to just go away anytime soon.
Wasn't his Afcon injury his thigh muscle and it was then operated on? Usually they say hamstring specifically when it's that but back then it was "thigh injury". So maybe just a bit of hamstring tightness after a heavy schedule post injury and rightly taken off and fine.

(I'm leaning towards it hopefully being that and am more concerned that Sterling seems to be really struggling to complete games at the moment. Just asking for something to go but maybe the full week rest will do him good.)

Sima was a huge loss, typical of our luck on international duty. I will be very pleasantly surprised if he returns next season.

He can play anywhere across the front line without any problem at all, & the covering back he does is also excellent.

Recurring???
Yup. According to Transfermarkt his injury spell from late Jan to late Mar was a hamstring injury (although described as a ‘thigh injury’ elsewhere). Sunday looked like another hamstring injury to me. Probably as a result of coming back and playing too many minutes, too soon.

Hopefully not, but that’s what it looks like.

You don't hear enough twang these days. Not heard it used in a sentence since one of the boys said he nearly 'twanged his banjo string' during the great Pamela Anderson scuddy video pass round of 96.
Purely out of nostalgia, do you have any links to the “said” scuddy video.
I remember it was truly artistic and the plot was quite moving.
I decided to learn the drums after watching that

Yup. According to Transfermarkt his injury spell from late Jan to late Mar was a hamstring injury (although described as a ‘thigh injury’ elsewhere). Sunday looked like another hamstring injury to me. Probably as a result of coming back and playing too many minutes, too soon.

Hopefully not, but that’s what it looks like.
Never ever seen it reported anywhere regarding a hamstring injury at Afcon. The manager then said it was discomfort in his adductor muscle on his hip. News reports after that said he would be out 2 and a half months after an operation on his thigh. However another report said surgery to his knee so maybe nobody knows

Don’t think we will see him on Sunday which is a shame as wanted him back to full fitness and chipping in.

Possibly back to early for the recurrence of the injury. If he’s out the remainder of season I don’t think we will see him again.

His injury at Afcon was a thigh injury similar to what Goldson suffered against Liverpool last year.

This is not a repeat injury as it's the hamstring this time. I had said as soon as he was back he had played too many minutes and was likely to pick up a strain somewhere as a result. Hopefully minor and we have him back after Sunday.

Back