Anyone been in the new Blue Sky Lounge?

We were a booking for 6 adults and 4 kids, it was £22 for 2 courses or £27 for 3 courses and £10 for kids. Definitely nice upgrade from Argyle restaurant, modern casual dining with a fantastic view of the pitch and main stand.

I much preferred the private box/booths of the old “Argyle House Restaurant“

That menu isn't going to attract any foodies.

Was in a few weeks ago we were disappointed with the menu especially when it’s a sirloin that is on at a supplement add the sauce and it’s another £9. They weren’t lying about haggis bon bon, it is singular.

Do they have a drinks menu or even wine menu, had neither when we were in. The wine list was house Red, Rose or White :)

MyGers discount though :)

PS how is it as a lounge on match days ? 1 cubicle in the toilet !

A crowd of us went to The Blue Sky Lounge tonight for dinner.
Nicely decorated but no Rangers stuff anywhere,be it a club crest or even a picture.
They have Sky Sports News on TVs which are everywhere,maybe not needed on a Friday evening dinner service.
It was very busy,as with the old place simply not enough staff,so service is slow.
Food is OK.Menu is fairly limited.
They don’t take cash so card payment only.
You can’t add tip to your bill,so tips have to be cash.
Tap no tip, fcukt up tip based industry.

They need to massively up the game on match days. Service is not great unless sat right in the middle.

Was in last night. Menu is fairly limited but a decent selection. Plenty room at those window seats, even for the stouter physique. Wasn’t packed but was busy and service was fast and efficient. The singular haggis Bon Bon as starter did seem a bit frugal, but was very tasty.
Pricing seemed spot on to me, especially with 15% taken off when MyGers card was whipped out.
A bright and modern feel, so certainly a bit different to AH, but I will certainly be back.

Can't believe folk are moaning about £22 for two courses. When were you last out, 1995?
It is more the choice and quality that is the issue.
The menu is very limited.
£22 for a bowl of soup or a single haggis bonbon for starter then a burger or fish and chips is not that great.
You can get a two course meal in The Ivy for £17.95 and the food is very good.

£22 for a bowl of soup or a single haggis bonbon for starter then a burger or fish and chips is not that great.
Fair point. I haven't been (obviously).

Crowd of us went a few weeks back , Staff are excellent , menu was pretty much same as before but place was freezing and the evening lighting was far too bright (no dimmer)
Preffered it the way it was tbh

The ivy is one of the most over priced meals I’ve ever had for what I got.

Went a couple of weeks ago for father in laws birthday. Was pretty underwhelming - they told us they didn’t have steaks so that meant the menu was even more limited. It’s not expensive but agreed on comments on service (too slow), lighting (too bright) and even the table wasn’t wiped before we were seated. I’d go back with the boy for an afternoon burger but it’ll need to up its game to be honest.

The ivy is one of the most over priced meals I’ve ever had for what I got.
There £17.95 two course meal is good quality and value.
That is what is being used as comparison here.
Do you think a bowl of soup and a very average sirloin steak (with onion rings and a sauce) at £34 in The Blue Sky Lounge is overpriced?

Went a couple of weeks ago for father in laws birthday. Was pretty underwhelming - they told us they didn’t have steaks so that meant the menu was even more limited. It’s not expensive but agreed on comments on service (too slow), lighting (too bright) and even the table wasn’t wiped before we were seated. I’d go back with the boy for an afternoon burger but it’ll need to up its game to be honest.
Having said that, the portions are pretty generous and I liked my chicken burger, so it wasn’t all bad. Just need to get the details better

There £17.95 two course meal is good quality and value.
That is what is being used as comparison here.
Do you think a bowl of soup and a very average sirloin steak (with onion rings and a sauce) at £34 in The Blue Sky Lounge is overpriced?
Did you forget to add the ivy has a £4 supplement for a rump steak?

Rangers are dammed if they do,dammed if they don't.People will always have pop at the club no matter what.If you don't like it then don't go.Really is quite simple.
Not really the point though.
They have spent a lot of money on a refurb and if they want people to go regularly they need to up their game in terms of food quality,menu choice,service and pricing.
Otherwise people go once to try it and don’t rush back.
If it was very good,there would be far fewer people having a pop.
A big group of us used to use Argyle House Restaurant frequently over the years for meals and family celebrations.Now we are pretty much all of the opinion that unless things improve we won’t be using it and will go elsewhere.

Not really the point though.
They have spent a lot of money on a refurb and if they want people to go regularly they need to up their game in terms of food quality,menu choice,service and pricing.
Otherwise people go once to try it and don’t rush back.
If it was very good,there would be far fewer people having a pop.
A big group of us used to use Argyle House Restaurant frequently over the years for meals and family celebrations.Now we are pretty much all of the opinion that unless things improve we won’t be using it and will go elsewhere.
My position too. It's a while since I visited the old Argyle House, but it was usually for family celebrations, my Son's 21st, and my Dad's 80th for example. At that time I'd say it was pitched as a reasonable competitor to mid range Glasgow restaurants. I'm failing to see the sense whereby clearly a lot of money has been spent on renovations to come out the other end with such an uninspiring end product.

Went at 4pm today for dinner, and I was really unimpressed.

It looks great and it’s Rangers, so I’m sure I’ll be back, but the service was slow and the food (we had steaks) was well below average.

I could have cooked a better steak on a small camping stove.

Menu likely to change? Going in early March and notice it's still the January menu online
I was in a couple of weeks back and the February menu is the same as the January one. I wasn’t disappointed with what we had and the cheesecake was superb

Chicken Burger gave me food poisoning.

Fish is the pick of the bunch, everything else is pretty poor. Menu really needs work.

Going tomorrow for lunch.Has the dress code changed or is it just the same as it has been, smart but casual?

Was in this week.

Decor etc. excellent. Food and drink was good (although the steak looked uninspired to me my dad said he really enjoyed it). The service was very good - staff were friendly and attentive but not intrusive.

Portions feel a little undersized for the price- particularly the starters. Menu is very limited. Starter and sweet selection could live with a couple more options but it's the mains menu that disappoints. Really needs to have double the options to keep returning custom.

Lovely decor but food is still a solid 5/10. It will be busy right now after launch but give it a year and it will be back to being dead especially during the week. Not enough people want set menus to make it busy. So old fashioned way of running somewhere. They are running it in a way that suits the restaurant but not the public. Should be a proper menu.

In for birthday lunch today. Food was good if limited menu. £8+ for a glass of house white wine was steep.

Friend of mine there last Sunday with his wife. Elderly couple. Said first thing he noticed was the distinct lack of any Rangers photos etc on walls. Also said the food was quite poor but service was really good. He and his wife were regular Sunday visitors to the old restaurant but won't be back. Disappointed to say the least. Not been myself yet but not encouraging

They have done away with the set menu.
New menu-

FA9-F53-BC-713-A-466-E-97-F0-3-ECF965-CBE49.jpg

I had the fish cake followed by the burger for set price of £22 last week, looking at that new menu this would now cost me £26, that's quite a price rise (albeit cheaper now if I stick with soup). Also the fish cake was fine but the burger not so much, will not be back anytime soon. Beautiful place right enough, but once you've seen it it's only if there's good food at a decent price you'd go back.

Last edited:
My dad's partner is vegetarian. Previously with Argyll house there was a very poor vege selection and blue sky doesn't seem to be very different in this regard with only one main as a burger option.

If this doesn't improve we won't be along as this isn't something she would eat.

Back