Anyone got an update on Jordan Jones?

I remember reading he was omitted from the EL squad as he would only return to training around Match day 4 and therefore without game time wouldn't really be of any use in the remaining 2 matches. That schedule sounds on point going by the limited information.

Funnily enough I spoke to JJ in LeMonde on George St, Edinburgh yesterday afternoon. He was there with what looked like his missus and possibly his mother.

Asked him how his fitness was and he said that’s him now back in full training after 11 weeks

Nice Hotel, hope he had as much fun there as I did after booking it three times :p

I think it was under a minute on the pitch :eek:
It was in his first season in the Liverpool first-team at Anfield against Walter Smith's Everton. The Blues won 1-0 and that was the last time they won at Anfield. SG lost the plot late in the game and got a red card for putting 6 studs in Gary Naismith's midriff. He was also sent off in the first minute of another Merseyside Derby when he smashed Tim Cahill. SG took derbies seriously!

Wee stat I noticed. Since Jordan's red card.

League games played: 8
Yellow cards: 4 (all in one match, Hearts). :eek:

Our discipline throughout has improved massively, especially given the amount of cards the refs used to dish out to us.

If i were betting on it id say he'll be phased back in starting on sunday, he has a very important role to play, and is second only to Kent as a winger at the club imo, better than Ojo, Stewart and Barker.

Seriously costly mistake from JJ. Has a battle to get fit and then sharp enough to make an impact again. More competition now with Kent, Stewart and Barker around. Test of character coming up

Think sometimes when players are injured they become "better".
Where are all those performances we are looking at that makes him a first team starter if fit?

Think sometimes when players are injured they become "better".
Where are all those performances we are looking at that makes him a first team starter if fit?

For the most part he’s been great, especially in the bigger games when we needed someone to break quickly up the park.

Whilst he’s probably behind Arfield in the pecking order for the remaining Europa League matches and against Celtic, he’d be important from the bench in those games - he’s dynamic against tired legs.

Absolutely mate, the fact Barker has started 2 massive games both home and away against Porto shows that there will always be a prominent role for Jones with his extra European, International and Domestic football experience. Mad for anyone to think he won't play a huge part for us this season

Probably still a few on here who think he’s shite because he was signed from a domestic league team.

I’m wondering if that ‘moment’ has annoyed the manager to an extent that he’s out the picture now for the long term. I wouldn’t be shocked one bit if he was sent out on loan in January.
Could be totally wrong though :rolleyes:

Was from his cross that Alfie scored against Legia so I'd hardly think the manager is going to toss him to the scrap heap for a ridiculous challenge...... Challenge similar to 1 or 2 the manger himself made in his career

Let's hope he's back as quickly as possible. He made a promising start to his career with us and we could do with another body given the volume of games on the horizon.

That crazy challenge has saw jones miss out on matches vs:

Porto x 2
Feyenoord and Young Boys x 1 (soon to be x 2)

A semi final vs Hearts
Soon to be a final vs the tims

and international games vs Holland (and Germany?)

What a bunch of games to miss!

That's the biggest incentive to learn to keep the heid!

Tin hat on here. If he is out of the picture because of that challenge then it’s daft.
It was a daft challenge, but it cost us %^*& all. That game was well lost before that.
Keeping him out of the squad is simply cutting our noses off to spite our face.

Porto x 2

A semi final vs Hearts

Before the injury he was looking the player for us and improving, the team looked balanced with him and him being direct. It would have been fantastic to have him and Kent on each wing to get them settled with each other.

He must reflect on this and think what a fanny going into that challenge with the poet surfer. As long as he learns he will have a great future with us.

Tin hat on here. If he is out of the picture because of that challenge then it’s daft.
It was a daft challenge, but it cost us %^*& all. That game was well lost before that.

Granted, but stupidity by JJ.

He could have been the game changer in Switzerland and Portugual.

We have been fine without him but the more fit players we have the better going into December.

He's out of the picture because he's injured.

Porto x 2

A semi final vs Hearts

And we all suffer for it, those are the games that’ll make him a better player. Hopefully he’ll be there for the next round.

The delay in getting the Kent signing done would have meant that JJ likely would have seen a lot of game time had he not gone and injured himself with a totally unnecessary tackle. Prior to his injury, JJ was showing a great deal of promise, threatening to leave many of those who opposed his signing with egg on their face.

Like others have noted, its frustrating that neither club nor player have given any indication of when he will be ready to return. The pre-injury JJ that we had glimpses of would certainly have been a huge help to Rangers.

Based on his pre-injury form, there’s surely no debate that our starting wingers are Kent and Jones?

Wondering why Jones was not always considered for the starting XI before his injury and the signing of Kent but he is now?

Back