Anyone see what I’m seeing

I've always been a bit apprehensive about hailing a prospect too soon. But he's just too good to ignore and label a 'work in progress.

As an old fart, I'd say that too many youngsters are overly-confident; they have been raised in an "nurturing" environment that stokes their belief in their abilities, far beyond what is objectively valid. Nathan obviously has confidence in his own abilities - but I think they're well-earned. At one point, he took a short pass, close to a Celtc player, and he wrong-footed the infidel by snipping the ball with his right heel. so he could cut inside. His head was up the whole time, looking for where he should put the ball. He may be Sandy Jardine, V2.

I got excited every time this player got near the ball today. One mistake all game.
the run he made and shot into the side netting i laughed as he shouldn’t have got that far in the first place

Patterson is a great wee player, but he has a good bit to go. Love the way he chops the ball inside and has great pace

A short clip here of “ El Tractor” who played over 140 times for Argentina and 600 for Inter. A genuine legend of the game , and today we seen glimpses of our very own Nathan Patterson becoming the same type of player for us in the coming years . So many similarities .

Hyping the lad up a bit much don’t you think?

He reminds me more of Davie Robertson, which for a kid who’s only started a few games is high enough praise for now
Let's just hope he crosses better than Davie Robertson and has a wider range of passing than Davie Robertson's punt up the inside left channel. He has probably already got more goals than Robertson ever got too. Sorry but he looks a far better player than Robertson ever did at that age. I stayed in Aberdeen at the time Robertson broke through and Davie never had the confidence then that Patterson has now.

Getting a bit carried away.

Zanetti on his day could be a top level midfield runner and was a decent left back as well as a top right back.

It’s early days for Nathan, he just needs to continue playing like he has. It’s very early to be setting things like comparing him to Zanetti on him.

Let's just hope he crosses better than Davie Robertson and has a wider range of passing than Davie Robertson's punt up the inside left channel. He has probably already got more goals than Robertson ever got too. Sorry but he looks a far better player than Robertson ever did at that age. I stayed in Aberdeen at the time Robertson broke through and Davie never had the confidence then that Patterson has now.
fair points, different time and different expectations of the position but my memories of Robertson were “head up”directness and being a good defender. the latter is what impresses me most about Patterson.

As an old fart, I'd say that too many youngsters are overly-confident; they have been raised in an "nurturing" environment that stokes their belief in their abilities, far beyond what is objectively valid. Nathan obviously has confidence in his own abilities - but I think they're well-earned. At one point, he took a short pass, close to a Celtc player, and he wrong-footed the infidel by snipping the ball with his right heel. so he could cut inside. His head was up the whole time, looking for where he should put the ball. He may be Sandy Jardine, V2.
Infidel love it

Patterson is the best prospect we've had since Barry Ferguson imo. Comparisons obviously made with Hutton because of the position. It took Hutton a long time to become someone the support and manger trusted. Patterson in 8 games now I think looks like a 1st team player. Not cover or back up but genuine 1st pick player. Going to be interesting how we mange him with Tav.

Why do we refer to some players as wee when they are six feet tall. Is it in reference to them being new to the team, see it a lot with Hagi .
Good point mate, probably due to his age I would guess..... but that said I don't think I would call Alfredo wee....

Getting a bit carried away.

Zanetti on his day could be a top level midfield runner and was a decent left back as well as a top right back.

It’s early days for Nathan, he just needs to continue playing like he has. It’s very early to be setting things like comparing him to Zanetti on him.
Very early days, its some leap to compare the two.

The boy’s obviously got talent and he couldn’t be getting coached by anyone better. At the moment he’s an outstanding prospect.

NP looks like a really exciting prospect but far far too early to make any sort of comparison with a legend like Zanetti.

Ffs, give the lad a chance to grow some facial hair before comparing him to legends. He is in the right place but give him room to make an arse of things for a while.

Nae pressure then son..
I think Patterson has been excellent, also shown a bit of character to do so well with all the negative press surrounding his mistakes off the park, but lets not put that pressure on the boy. Its been a while since we brought someone exciting through, lets hope theres more to come

Back