Apparently Kevin McKenna to join the Evening Times as a columnist

mdingwall

Administrator
New editor obviously doesn’t know his history.

Kev was part of the triumvirate in the early 2000s along with Mark Douglas-Home and Joan McAlpine who destroyed the Herald and associated titles as papers of record or repute. A complete wasteland.

but hey ho - when you allow people to turn newspapers into a daily version of a 1970s student rag you can’t reasonably expect anything other than the readership to flee while the treasury is expended.

Kev was part of the triumvirate in the early 2000s along with Mark Douglas-Home and Joan McAlpine who destroyed the Herald and associated titles as papers of record or repute. A complete wasteland.

but hey ho - when you allow people to turn newspapers into a daily version of a 1970s student rag you can’t reasonably expect anything other than the readership to flee while the treasury is expended.
Effectively signing their own death warrant.

Why has Scotland became such an ill-educated, chip on shoulder, low aspirational society?

The Guardian's gain is the Herald's loss.

McKenna and the Herald are made for each other.

He used to write a political column in the Scottish version of the Observer. Maybe he still does. It was comical, if revealing, just how often he managed to write about the enablers and abusers or shoehorn in references to them no matter what the nominal topic.

Newspapers are dying.

Up here especially, they'll all be out a job within the decade. There's just not a demand for folk to buy an outdated source with all the other options available.

Very few I know, if any, buy newspapers these days. Let them rot

Was there not something in the lounge saying the new editor is from The National? It would make sense if true and I'm sure he knows fine well about him

Newspapers are dying.

Up here especially, they'll all be out a job within the decade. There's just not a demand for folk to buy an outdated source with all the other options available.

Very few I know, if any, buy newspapers these days. Let them rot
You never see a young person buying a paper.

Proven discredited fantasist. These publications have a deathwish or else it's giving a last decent paycheck to one of their own.

Is this in addition to his hilarious Saturday column in The Herald, or instead of?

Saturday's was a beaut about how Bolander's spending was perfectly fine & Glasgow councillors were "toytown" for making her fall on her sword.

Maybe the editor does know his history and that's why he got the job. Obviously he won't get a job with a real newspaper.Then again,you never know in this country.

If ever a move was a reflection of the paper's rapidly crystallising core readership, it is this.

The ownership obviously think this is a good move. When in actual fact, any wafer thin chance they had of rescuing the paper's medium term future has been holed below the waterline with this appointment.

Talk about turkeys voting for Christmas.

The mind boggles why anyone in this Country would employ him,saying that there are people voting for Corbyn. It would never happen anywhere else in the World can you imagine someone running for Presidency in the States having supported the murdering of their Armed Forces.
No, the President of the USA just supports the murder of other nation’s armed forces, including ours.
original

I’m sure I saw a post on here a week or so back saying the the evening times new editor is the same editor as the separatist comic the national.

With that being the case then he probably does know McKenna's history very well.

Callum Baird is his name.

Why has Scotland became such an ill-educated, chip on shoulder, low aspirational society?

Good question. My late dad's opinion was that the rot started in the 60's and has continued downhill from there. We're almost at the bottom now and if you take a walk though the centre of Glasgow - around the Central Station - you can get a good view of the pissed stained, drug-addled dump we have become. Not that you'll read about it in the papers with guys like McKenna around.

Because unionists and loyalists have been sleepwalking for decades now, while these cunts have been slowly positioned into areas of importance

Looks like the new editor has already brought over his fake news agenda from Der Nazional to the Evening Times, if this is anything to go by (apologies for the neck craning pic!)

The ET used to be quite Presbyterian and Unionist in its outlook (a bit like the Sunday Post) but I've noticed recently a shift in opinion.
I didn't know that the editor had been replaced by an ex National employee so that probably explains a lot.
Taking McKenna on board will be the final straw for me!

Back