Are we expecting the Gaffer to pull a Rabbit out of the hat?

Marquee Signing?

• Yes

Votes: 266 32.2%
  • No

Votes: 561 67.8%

• Total voters

TibbsyBear

...before the end of the window?

I know he’s played down bringing anyone in but last year we got Davis and Defoe.

I’m still hopeful of a big, season defining signing.

Not sure there is spare cash there but maybe they can find some if it’s the difference at the end of the season

Another two out the way, maybe three

One in imo

This for me as well. He has continually spoke about squad size and it is clear that he feels this is not only for financial reasons but for squad harnony and balance.

Two or more out we may see a big player coming in.

Think if he had someone in mind, they’d be in already and have been at the training camp (like Defoe & Davis last year).

It showed how long it took both of them to get up to speed a year ago despite being at the camp.

Reactions: TQ3
No, I’d be quite surprised.
SG likes to do his work early, so a last minute signing is not his thing.

At most you could maybe see a loan signing but I think moving on some squad fillers and getting some contract extensions signed will probably be the most we can expect.

I'd hope we bring in another striker. However I'd so like to see Greg Stewart getting minutes up front in games where we're comfortably winning, just in case we need to call on him

I don't see a Defoe or Davis style signing possibly more an Andy King, someone that might be able to do something but also might flop. But hopefully I am wrong and we get someone who walks into our team and immediately adds goals.

If we can avoid injuries and stop the stupid suspensions we are on course for 55 but I would like some back up for the strikers

He’ll only do it if there is value. Very difficult this time of year. Davis and Defoe were special circumstances - it was the right people available at the right time for no cost. But even then it took them too long to get up to speed. We need someone who can contribute straight away if we bring someone in.

This for me as well. He has continually spoke about squad size and it is clear that he feels this is not only for financial reasons but for squad harnony and balance.

Two or more out we may see a big player coming in.
Yep, Gaffer said in the pre St Boo presser that he was happy with what he had although if another player goes out then it's likely he will bring someone in.

Doubt it. Not much value in January and unlikely a real quality player is coming up here to be a third choice striker or the like.

From Scotland I could only imagine it would be Kamberi, the St Mirren goalie, Shankland or possibly Martin Boyle.

Whether you believe Shankland is good enough to succeed at Rangers long term or not he would be excellent cover for the run in.

Whether you believe Shankland is good enough to succeed at Rangers long term or not he would be excellent cover for the run in.
I agree with you mate I also think Boyle will end up at the cesspit given that Rotten Teeth wants him.

Would love to see a marquee signing but tbh I'd settle for a back up striker right now in case either Alfredo or Defoe are out for any length of time .

I’m the same as some have said it would be criminal not to strengthen with the title there for the taking .
we need to give ourselves the best possible chance, yes the team looks not to shabby but with a few injuries we might struggle in certain positions like a striker, I still think we need a we bit more cutting edge in the midfield aswell.
Let’s push the boat out and win 55!!!

Back