Are we on course for having a record turnover this season ?

The People

Pretty sure our record was £60 million or there abouts in the 2008 season when we made it to Manchester
If it was £48 million last year with no fans and matchday income ,this year with fans back ,the Gerrard money ,Patterson fee,magnificent again in Europe, more commercial deals and shifting insane amounts of merchandise.
We must be pretty close to setting a record turnover .

Maybe some of the financial folks on here could give some insight .

Pretty sure our record was £60 million or there abouts in the 2008 season when we made it to Manchester
If it was £48 million last year with no fans and matchday income ,this year with fans back ,the Gerrard money ,Patterson fee,magnificent again in Europe, more commercial deals and shifting insane amounts of merchandise.

Bisgrove said commercial and retail will hit £27m this year I'm sure.

Add Season ticket money and Europe definitely tops £60m

The profit figure is the more interesting figure out of that!

Having a high turnover doesn’t guarantee a good profit thus the saying:

Turnover is vanity - profit is sanity

Agreed if managed properly the higher turnover would give a better profit if the club is run properly!

Better money share from retail along with sale of player, compo for management and good run in Europe will help with profit this year but depends on what the club pays back in debts owed out of that dictates what we will have left to in essence spend / reinvest.

All that aside - it’s been a good run for us and I like the rest will be so pleased we are getting back on our feet financially after all the years of turmoil and having the guts wrenched out from us.

If we can just keep going on the pitch winning then we will do well off it financially and with that and hopefully a sound leadership we will be in good financial condition for the future

We turned over £59 million in the last non-Covid year and have went further in Europe, sold a player for a decent amount and have been compensated for our management team. I’d guess that we’ll record a record turnover. I’d expect we’ll at least break even this year but likely make a profit when you consider we haven’t spent on player fees and our commercial revenue continues to grow. For all the moans and groans at times, the club is in an unbelievable position when you consider where we were 10 years ago.

We turned over £59 million in the last non-Covid year and have went further in Europe, sold a player for a decent amount and have been compensated for our management team. I’d guess that we’ll record a record turnover. I’d expect we’ll at least break even this year but likely make a profit when you consider we haven’t spent on player fees and our commercial revenue continues to grow. For all the moans and groans at times, the club is in an unbelievable position when you consider where we were 10 years ago.

Spot on, as you say it's an incredible position considering where we were not too long ago

I

I expect it to be between £80-90m

Winning the Europa would roughly bring in an additional £55m of guaranteed income plus other benefits like increased player values and sponsorship etc.

Being in pot one would also give us a fantastic chance to reach the last 16 of the UCL as well and bring in an additional £9.6m from a last 16 tie.

Incredible amounts of money on offer and we're just five games away from it.

That would incredible if true
I'm sure 7/8 years it was as low at £20 million ,what a turnaround we have made
48m last year with a 20million match day revenue loss. So we’re at least 68 million. Patterson upfront free and Gerrard management team compensation is another 13-14m. So let’s say 80m
Then commercial revenue increases could be another 10m, at a conservative. 90m
If we win the EL, we’ll be over 100m.
These are bag of a fag packet calculations from someone with no financial sector /accounting background.
Thoughts from the more skilled mind woulld be appreciated!

48m last year with a 20million match day revenue loss. So we’re at least 68 million. Patterson upfront free and Gerrard management team compensation is another 13-14m. So let’s say 80m
These are bag of a fag packet calculations from someone with no financial sector /accounting background.
Transfer fees are usually recognised further down the profit and loss, so I don’t think it’ll be included in turnover. The Paterson money is basically pure profit based on the way the accounts work too, but you won’t see that in the top line turnover figure.

I dunno what will happen with the Gerrard compensation either - as it’s a one off item, it might be included at the same point the transfer income is and will increase profit, but again won’t be included in the top line turnover figure.

Overall, it should be a big increase on last year, but worth keeping in mind that a few of the bigger items from this year will be included in the accounts, but won’t be reported as turnover. Profit is all that ultimately matters though and hopefully we’re on track with the board’s long term projections.

And we own our beautiful historic stadium and fantastic training ground. If I had a choice of a quarter final euro run or a Scottish cup win… gee let me think (Insert ace Ventura gif here… if I knew how)

Was there not talk of commercial revenues having increased as well? Should be interesting to see the final numbers.

Looks like everybody is smoking the same stuff…..

The Patterson fee won’t be recorded as income

The Patterson fee won’t be recorded as income
Why not? The full fee may not appear in this years accounts depending on the payment structure but there will be recognition of it. We don’t have any outstanding payments for Nathan as he came through our academy so the the sale is pure profit. Players appear as intangible assets on the balance sheet but the sales will also be reflected in the profit and loss. Everton will have made at least a partial payment of the fee upon his transfer.

Why not? The full fee may not appear in this years accounts depending on the payment structure but there will be recognition of it. We don’t have any outstanding payments for Nathan as he came through our academy so the the sale is pure profit. Players appear as intangible assets on the balance sheet but the sales will also be reflected in the profit and loss. Everton will have made at least a partial payment of the fee upon his transfer.
Profit on players isn’t turnover that’s why mate. Trust me I know what I’m talking about. It’ll be under the bottom line as “profit on transfer of player registration”

Also the full initial fee will appear on the accounts. Payment structure is a balance sheet transaction only

Most of the benefits from 55 merchandising at the tail end of last year will actually be seen in this years accounts. Then retail from this season, the 100 new commercial partnerships, a near enough sell out on hospitality for the season/every match, ticket revenue from Europa and individual match sales back, the sale or compensation for“assets.”

Our accounts should be looking very healthy!

Winning the Europa would roughly bring in an additional £55m of guaranteed income plus other benefits like increased player values and sponsorship etc.

Being in pot one would also give us a fantastic chance to reach the last 16 of the UCL as well and bring in an additional £9.6m from a last 16 tie.

Incredible amounts of money on offer and we're just five games away from it.
And still a million miles away too.
Closing fast mind you.

Profit on players isn’t turnover that’s why mate. Trust me I know what I’m talking about. It’ll be under the bottom line as “profit on transfer of player registration”

Also the full initial fee will appear on the accounts. Payment structure is a balance sheet transaction only

Correct Gecko.

Looking back at our figures and trying to come up with an estimate.

Gate receipts, last non-covid affected year was 18/19. That included 7 home European sell-outs, totaling £32m. We have so far played 7 home games with at least 1 more, most sell-outs. Also, prices are quite significantly higher than 18/19, especially in the later stages. 19/20 we played 9 European games at home, our total gate receipts were just under £36m. (For context last season, £18.2m). I think a number close to £40m is not far off when you consider increased prices, the Real friendly and increased hospitality capacity.

Commercial, Bisgrove has already said we are on track to more than double last years number, which stood at £13m. His projection is we will take in almost £28m.

Players/Manager Sales, £9m upfront for Patterson according to sources on here and £4.5m in for Gerrard and his staff. I don't know how that will be reflected in the accounts though. £13.5m in tranfers revenue.

Those three alone total an increase of £32.5m on last year £47.7m, which would take us to £80.2m.

Back