Are we too nice (soft)?

Nizzy72

Apart from the sheer bampottery of Fabio Silva and his Norman Wisdom impressions are Rangers too soft on the field and overplay the Corinthian spirit?

I'd love to see us indulge in more physical and aggressive stuff and get to grips with the dark arts of the game.

I mean, the bheasts from the east must practise this in training.

Apart from the sheer bampottery of Fabio Silva and his Norman Wisdom impressions are Rangers too soft on the field and overplay the Corinthian spirit?

I'd love to see us indulge in more physical and aggressive stuff and get to grips with the dark arts of the game.

Those fvckers learn it from the cradle

It’s nothing to do with softness tbh, all it is is that the current squad of players lack real quality in attack and in midfield. We need better.

It’s nothing to do with softness tbh, all it is is that the current squad of players lack real quality in attack and in midfield. We need better.
Our attacking play is guff right enough, i cant believe we dont have one player that can run with the ball and take on an opponent which would open some space. For the money spent this is absurd.

I would take accurate passing and knowing what your team mate is going to do next over aggression.
Although start with those first two and getting in the opponents face would be a nice addition.

I've noticed in the last few years that our players are cowed to not make tackles because they know what will happen. The Motherwell one when it should have been a red and injured Ross, our player is sent off for that

if we got a "hardman" in, you can bet they'll be sitting in the stands for most of the season as the ref's new target

We just don't have players with enough quality, it's as simple as that.

If we got anywhere near crossing the line in terms of physicality the refs would have a field day.

A bunch of shitebags, been saying that for so long.
They don’t have each other’s back and hate controversy or an opposition player getting in their face. We back down at every opportunity.
Shitebags is the perfect word to describe them, back in the day we might have got beat but we always took bookings or sending offs rather than let teams come and take the pish.

I said it after the scum game. We simply do not have people who will run through brick walls and do ANYTHING to win.

Scum do it on every level:

On the pitch: cheating, diving, kicking, pulling, slowing/speeding up game to suit them
Off the pitch: bursting their balls to get back from injury, calling out refs, posturing, leaning on other clubs and SPFL

We need winners on, and off, the park and I simply do not think we have the attitude nor workrate of the winners we have seen in the past.

Greig, Jardine, Gough, butcher, Goram, Ferguson (Ian and Barry), McCall etc etc.

So yes. We ARE too soft. On every level.

Not sure whether to call it aggression, or intensity, or whatever. But something is missing for sure. The Maeda v Tav thing for that goal a couple of weeks ago is the perfect example of it. You just wouldn't see any of our players sprinting like that to chase down a long ball and put a defender under pressure. They do it to us all the time and every single time we look like rabbits caught in headlights and can't cope with it.

Nothing has changed since Tav's infamous programme notes quote 4 years ago.

Yes, if anything we have too much dignity

There's a time and a place for that and there's a time in a place to remind your opponent that you will destroy them. Physically and mentally

We used to be led by men. Souness, Walter, Gough etc. We need a few of those characters back

Yes, far too soft.

Example of it against St Mirren was (again) players staying down and complaining to the ref when the balls still in play. Get up and get on with it if you aren’t injured.

In answer to your question yes!

But you can go & take a running f*ck to yourself with this p1sh about Silva. Yet to see one occasion where he has dived even though it has been insinuated often enough.

Different rule book for Rangers. You just need to look at the soft red cards that Sterling and Cifuentes got this season, and despite appealing them, the SFA decided to back the referees and VAR.

Yeah. We’ve been a weak bunch on the field for some time.

We need to learn to master the dark arts. That lot have it down to a tee and we fall for it every time.

Our players think they are better than they actually are and become complacent then when it goes Pete Tong, they shite the bed. Normally.

Some of our players just ain’t good enough to do what PC wants them
to do, it’s simple as that really

Well everyone on here says we're too nice then moan at Silva for shithousery...

In answer to your question yes!

But you can go & take a running f*ck to yourself with this p1sh about Silva. Yet to see one occasion where he has dived even though it has been insinuated often enough.
Well, I won't take a running fck to myself but Silva's antics against the scum was embarrassing and now the precedent has been set for him.

He could get both his legs broken in the box by a flying, crazy tackle and he'd probably get booked for simulation.

We have to learn the dark arts of the game wether we like it or not.

Our inability at times to pass the ball when under pressure in midfield and attack is our biggest issue. Jobber teams seem to be able to find teammates with ease yet we can't make simple passes at times, unless it's between centre halves and full backs in our own half .

Yes, we’ve lost our identity.

I’ve said it a few times on here.

Rangers title winning teams in my lifetime (and before) were full of absolute bastards who could play, complimented with the game changers who make the difference (most of whom had a ruthless streak too).

We’re as far away from that as I’ve ever seen.

Jack - hardly any cards at the Sheep
comes to us, shows agression - carded a lot inc reds

Morelos - same

a proper enforcer in our side would sit in the stand for long spells
Sterling showed some - sent off for bugger all

That Morelos hardly had a card to his name, yellow or red, before he came to us says it all.

He was soon painted as the Devil Incarnate of Scottish football.

That the club allowed it was just as bad, tbh.

I've noticed in the last few years that our players are cowed to not make tackles because they know what will happen. The Motherwell one when it should have been a red and injured Ross, our player is sent off for that

if we got a "hardman" in, you can bet they'll be sitting in the stands for most of the season as the ref's new target
I agree and have noticed it even more since Clement came in, we do not go in with any aggression especially 50/ 50 tackles. Clement realises that everything is over scrutinized with us even the most innocuous challenges and therefore realised we would be down to 10 men in more cases than not.

It was noticeable on Sunday for the umpteenth time how many 50/50 challenges we lose, attempts at nicking a ball away rather than just winning the ball, too easily brushed aside. It has been an issue for too long. I agree also on the dearth of actual quality, however until the former issue is addressed we are essentially fighting an uphill battle in winning consistently.

Absolutely too soft but we show aggression and we get carded and sent off so changes have to stem from there. When one of our players gets sent off we then need to defend him properly, go after the referee on every level, go after the journalists who condone the sending off and challenge the ban like the filth do with a lawyer. Get us on a level playing field with the Enablers and we can then show similar aggression.

One of my main issues with Tav and Goldson. Tav in particular, he doesn’t hate Celtic.

Despite and the pumpings he’s been on the wrong end of, despite all the ridicule they give him…. He still doesn’t hate them and it shows in his performances.

They just don’t get it.
Agreed. We need eleven players on that field who absolutely detest those bhastards.

And every other team we face for that matter.

We are far too nice and soft in the tackle. So often we try and nick a toe in to steal the ball and get nowhere, rather than just going through the ball and then regrouping for the throw in etc.

Well, I won't take a running fck to myself but Silva's antics against the scum was embarrassing and now the precedent has been set for him.

He could get both his legs broken in the box by a flying, crazy tackle and he'd probably get booked for simulation.

We have to learn the dark arts of the game wether we like it or not.
Then again maybe if he "had been as embarrassing" on Sunday we may have got the penalty in the first half?
If we didn't then there may have been more of talking point round why it wasn't a penalty but he did give the same foul committed by the same player on Dessars in the second half.

One of my main issues with Tav and Goldson. Tav in particular, he doesn’t hate Celtic.

Despite and the pumpings he’s been on the wrong end of, despite all the ridicule they give him…. He still doesn’t hate them and it shows in his performances.

They just don’t get it.
I always go back to THAT bounce-up with Arfield and Scott Brown in that gerard game at Ibrox.

It finally showed we were not gonna roll over and was the start of the change of attitude, showing a complete lack of respect for them.

Like it or not, the more we respect THAT mob, the less successful we will be.

We are soft as shite.

The respect we show that mob is absolutely disgusting. Until we start hating them as much as they hate us, we ain’t winning league titles on a regular basis.

In the games we have played well we have pressed teams high and overturned the ball. We have also hunted in packs and played with pace. This team can play like this. It’s about mental attitude.

I don't see Liverpool, Arsenal or Man City fans saying they need more dig etc.. what we need is a better playing style and better footballers to implement that style. If we move the ball faster and more accurately no one is getting near us. If we make better decisions on the park we'll score more goàls and win more games., it's not rocket science

A bunch of shitebags, been saying that for so long.
They don’t have each other’s back and hate controversy or an opposition player getting in their face. We back down at every opportunity.
Shitebags is the perfect word to describe them, back in the day we might have got beat but we always took bookings or sending offs rather than let teams come and take the pish.

While I think the OP has a point, you are too harsh on the players

When you have a manager who is constantly going on about calm heads and that he doesn't like to see the players get angry on the pitch, what are you expecting the players to do?

Ryan Jack and Morelos had that needle about them but they are not around or constantly injured.

Controlled aggression is what I think PC is looking for. Hard to do that in Scotland when opponents are overly aggressive.

Back