Are you looking forward to the close season ?

We need other clubs to want to buy all of the above, or we'll end up paying them to leave.
6 of the ones you quoted are away and I’d be amazed if another 3 on that list aren’t gone too. At least 12 out I think.

Roofe, Lundstram, Barisic, Jack, McLaughlin, Balogun, Lovelace(?), all OOC and gone. Silva loan return - question marks over Sima and Cortes. Lammers, Hagi, Lawrence, Wright, King, Davies, Lowry, Devine, McCrorie, Dowell… at least 4 of them are away. Then there’s Goldson, Tav, Matondo, Cantwell, Raskin, Ridvan, Dessers… some may attract bids and go. And then there’s Butland and the possibility of a mega bid.

Easily 12 are gone.

Last edited:
Yup, I appreciate we have the SC Final next Saturday, will be there with my boy, but I need this season to be done.
Downtime away from stressing like f.uck about everything tbh.

Without a doubt this years transfer thread will break all records in terms of pages on here :)). And to be honest completely understandable! There will almost certainly be 9 players (6 ooc and 3 loans) who will “leave” the club. I fully expect Butland to be a huge talking point all summer whether he stays or goes. Tav and Goldson (rightly) are being talked about as potentially being allowed to leave. If a decent fee comes in for Hagi, Cantwell or Yilmaz I think we would consider it. I’d imagine Clement and the board will already be looking for potential buyers for Dowell, Raskin, Lawrence, Wright, Matondo, Lowry. Do we stick or twist with the youngsters (King, Lovelace, Rice)? For good measure let’s throw in Cifuentes and Davis who weren’t replaced in January. Then there is Lammers! That’s 27 players that no one would be surprised if they left this summer. I’ve never known an overhaul that large, even when we got demoted down the leagues!
However, only 9 of that 27 are out-the-door early on. I expect this close-season to be the most frustrating yet, as we wait for other clubs to buy any or all of the ones we want rid of, before we are able to buy replacements.

However, only 9 of that 27 are out-the-door early on. I expect this close-season to be the most frustrating yet, as we wait for other clubs to buy any or all of the ones we want rid of, before we are able to buy replacements.
You had me thinking of who may be going and when so - boredom and not wanting to be on any other media than FF tonight of all nights - I actually looked up the full squad list and put on a thread of its own. Sobering experience.

Your kidding

Borna Tav(50/50)Roofe Davies McLaughlin Silva Wright Matondo Lammers King Lovelace Cifuentes Jack will all be away probably more
I'm not sure what players are out of contract. But if a player is under contract they can't be forced to leave if they don't want to. Unfortunately they cn just sit and let the contract run down taking the same weekly salary

I’m looking forward to it because the Euros will be on and that gives me something to watch that isn’t Rangers for a while.

Live in hope this is finally the window where the rebuild happens but we’ll see, it should have happened multiple times by now and hasn’t.

I always do when it gets to this time of year. It's a relaxing feeling not having to juggle shifts to make games for a start. That's before you even get to the stress of actually watching us and the sickening feeling when we drop points.

I'm not a big fan of international football normally but I'm looking forward to the Euros.

And the sound of flutes in the air. Knowing how much it winds them up always makes summer that little bit better.

Like so many I used to attend all Scotland games but since the obnoxious bigots in the Tranny Army started to booing Rangers players and the National Anthem I’m not interested.
That bigot of a manager plus a team of Tims doesn’t help much either
Same, couldn’t pay me to watch them

You won't watch any of Scotland's games at the Euros? You won't watch the final and you don't bother with the World Cup?

Guarantee if Scotland get through the groups, you'll be cutting about serving your ham sandwiches and bits of pie, wearing a 'See You Jimmy' hat and saltire face paint.
I can guarantee you I won't, I haven't watched a WCF in decades, and it does nothing for me when games are on and there is a demand for The Louden to be open, then it will be.
For what it's worth I don't watch CLF either

Yup. Going to be the busiest window since Gerrard arrived and I'm expecting the bulk of our business to be concluded early due to the Euro's then our European qualifiers just a few short weeks after.

I fear you’ll be disappointed on both fronts

You won't watch any of Scotland's games at the Euros? You won't watch the final and you don't bother with the World Cup?

Guarantee if Scotland get through the groups, you'll be cutting about serving your ham sandwiches and bits of pie, wearing a 'See You Jimmy' hat and saltire face paint.
I just looked at the fixtures, if there is a demand I'm sure we will open for the Home Nations fixtures.

I fear you’ll be disappointed on both fronts
Folk always set themselves up to be annoyed with high expectations, personally I will be surprised if we bring in 5 new players. I can’t see anything more than that even with outgoings. I reckon academy players will get promoted to fill in some of the gaps and if they do that’s a good thing

Last edited:
I've got to say the last few years have left me deflated when it comes to the transfer window.

I don't know if i can trust the board and the player recruitment team at all, we must have a 10% success rate on transfers and that's being generous over the past 3-4 years.

Always enjoy a break in the summer.
Off to Tynecastle on Saturday, then the cup final and then will switch off from football.

I'll have no more than passing interest in the Euros, but I do always enjoy the Olympics.

If we can empty the so called “leadership group” and replace them with young, hungry players, it’ll be a starter for ten.

Anyone looking forward to the cup final needs their head looking at. Playing a team who have mentally already beaten us before we step foot on the park. Going to Hampden for their title party sums this season up for us!

Back