Arfield for Canada in World Cup – 5 Others May Also Be On International Duty

We could really struggle for quality on February 2nd. Balogun, Aribo, Bassey (if he gets a late call-up), Morelos, Roofe and Arfield all potentially missing.

Will be really disappointed if Morelos, Roofe and Arfield are called up and choose to not play the Old Firm game.
In they are called up and refuse to play, they might be prevented from playing the filth anyway.

Rumours that he has made himself available again for the Canucks!
Playing in WC is the pinnacle for a footballer but some here would say Gers comes first as they pay his wages.
Thoughts?
He has every right to see out a dream of playing in a World Cup.

This is where Robertson should've kicked up a F@%k & not agreed to that date saying it falls on an international date this is why the dignified silence doesn't work & don't mention the Japanese diver as Japan I belive are only picking home players , he will play against us .

Reactions: BWO
This is where Robertson should've kicked up a F@%k & not agreed to that date saying it falls on an international date this is why the dignified silence doesn't work & don't mention the Japanese diver as Japan I belive are only picking home players , he will play against us .
We simply had to release a statement.

They have fiddled the fixture list to turn what was looking to be an awkward match to one where they potentially hold a huge advantage.

We simply had to release a statement.

They have fiddled the fixture list to turn what was looking to be an awkward match to one where they potentially hold a huge advantage.
But as per the MSM have just shrugged the shoulders and had a wee chuckle to themselves. I do think our board have shat the bed here. We should at lease be telling SPFL we intend to lodge for a postponement and get it out there.

Do Curacao not have any fixtures?
No, they went out in the previous round. I would say that we will definitely be missing Aribo, Balogun and Roofe. Morelos may be back on the radar for Colombia now that he is scoring again and I think that Arfield would definitely be a consideration for the Canadian team with Wotherspoon being out injured long term.

But as per the MSM have just shrugged the shoulders and had a wee chuckle to themselves. I do think our board have shat the bed here. We should at lease be telling SPFL we intend to lodge for a postponement and get it out there.
It’s usually put down as ‘boxing clever’ and ‘you don’t know what goes on behind closed doors’.

Exactly the same as under Murray.

• Sad
Reactions: BWO
He has made himself available for Canada again. He had a bit of a falling out with Gerrard over it.

The whole point of Doncaster’s comments about not moving fixtures is making sure we know the fixture won’t be postponed even if all 6 are out
Which is the point where we should be pushing back through official channels. If nothing else to call out the utter corruption. I still think we have enough to win this but sporting integrity is laughable in this shit hole.

We could really struggle for quality on February 2nd. Balogun, Aribo, Bassey (if he gets a late call-up), Morelos, Roofe and Arfield all potentially missing.

Will be really disappointed if Morelos, Roofe and Arfield are called up and choose to not play the Old Firm game.

On the flipside, we might only be sans Aribo from the current starting 11. A big loss, but we've managed big games without big players before.

Three players. But it’s not going to be granted because Doncaster has already said there are no more availabilities in the fixture calendar for rescheduling.

Tbf scum should have the diving cheat and the rest of their new Japanese signings out, Rogic and potentially Carter Vickers out for the same reasons.

Imagine if it’s snows/hard frost. He’ll find a way to reschedule - no other choice.

If we’ve got 3+ verging on 6 away on international duty then our board had better get their act together.

Is there any ruling on the amount of players away on international duty that would allow us to ask for a postponement?
The SPFL rules say you can ask for a postponement if 3 players are called up. But they are under no obligation to grant us the request & Doncaster has already said there is no more room for postponements so I think it's fairly certain the answer would be no

Playing in WC is the pinnacle for a footballer but some here would say Gers comes first as they pay his wages.
Thoughts?
Hasn't been picked for 2 years. Canada topped their group. Best results in 30 years. Why recall him now? Can't see it.
Same with Alfie. Columbia great form since last summer. Box seat to qualify. They clearly have better players than him.
Knickers in a twist over nothing.
If Nigeria go out by last 16 we will have Aribo available.
Roofe is injured. Prob still will be by mid Jan.
We will have a full squad. More likely they won't have Rogic and Kyogo. I
Turdbull already out. Jota status unknown.
They have more to worry about

Same with Alfie. Columbia great form since last summer. Box seat to qualify. They clearly have better players than him.
One win in their last eight games, the way qualifying via South America works you’d have to be pretty pish not to qualify.

It’s not even guaranteed that Colombia will, a couple of teams only a few points behind and still to play Peru and Argentina.

One win in their last eight games, the way qualifying via South America works you’d have to be pretty pish not to qualify.

It’s not even guaranteed that Colombia will, a couple of teams only a few points behind and still to play Peru and Argentina.
Think their last two games are Venezuela and Bolivia at home. They also have Peru at home. Argentina have already qualified. They could get 10 points in the run in.
If Alfie shows them a sniff of the petulance we have seen. He might not get picked again for a while. Never kicked a ball in the South American championships. They finished 3rd I think

That was the whole idea mate the OF will not get cancelled that was the reason St Mirren , & now Dundee game were not cancelled so they can use that as a marker if that is the case we should lawyer up , we will go their a weakened team our biggest miss will be Aribo .
Think there’s something in the SPFL rule book about postponing games with players on internationals think it’s 3 players. Not a rule for covid outbreaks that allow postponements.

Hasn't been picked for 2 years. Canada topped their group. Best results in 30 years. Why recall him now? Can't see it.
He hasn't been picked because he told Herdman not to pick him last season as he wanted to concentrate on 55. Canada still has 6 games to play in WCQ and although it would take a catastrophe for them not to qualify, this is CONCACAF and anything is possible. Canada has one superstar and about 4-5 players of a decent quality but then the squad gets thin. When you consider that Wotherspoon, a regular in the squad, is out for an extended period and the MLS based players have not been playing for a few months, then an Arfield who has been doing the business for Rangers recently would definitely be on the radar.

I think I read on here or on another forum that he isn't that highly rated by the Canadian set up or their fans.
Correct. Canada just awarded "Most Improved Side" by FIFA for 2021. Up from 72 to 40 in the rankings. Players like Davis and David in the team. Playing with real confidence (for Canadians ;-) )
Midfield is deep with talent. If selected, would be surprised to see him start, let alone get game time.

Correct. Canada just awarded "Most Improved Side" by FIFA for 2021. Up from 72 to 40 in the rankings. Players like Davis and David in the team. Playing with real confidence (for Canadians ;-) )
Midfield is deep with talent. If selected, would be surprised to see him start, let alone get game time.
Can you reply to all the other guys doubting my Canadian football expertise. :D

He will be risking a new deal going away but good luck to him. International football/World Cup is still the pinciale to most pros.

Heard that Japan won't call up Divine Wind for their game. So only team inconvenienced is us. And Celtic's mission to %^*& us over is complete. We just have to use the anger and frustration and go their and pump the cheating bastards.

He will be risking a new deal going away but good luck to him. International football/World Cup is still the pinciale to most pros.

Agreed. If he wants to play for Canada again then fair enough but I wouldn't be dishing out any new deal to a 33/34 year old in that situation, especially if he chooses playing for Canada over playing against Celtic in February.

Understandable that he wants to play at a World Cup if he can. Despite a lot of folk on here dismissing international football, it obviously is important to 99% of players
If it was for a successful European country everyone would be delighted for him. Same with the AFCON, it's annoying, but football is a world sport and these players have the same right to represent their country as Europeans do.

Surely we'd have grounds for a postponement if we were to lose all these guys to international duty.

Heard that Japan won't call up Divine Wind for their game. So only team inconvenienced is us. And Celtic's mission to %^*& us over is complete. We just have to use the anger and frustration and go their and pump the cheating bastards.
Aye they will. Their FA is putting pressure on their government to lift the travel ban. They are behind Saudi in the group. Need to win. However, is Jacques Cousteau going to be fit? I'm inconvenient day gamble will keep him out for 6 weeks now. Fat Ange not telling truth to save own skin

As it became obvious the SPFL were going to force this through why did our Board not push for both postponed games to be played on Sat 15th [a] Aberdeen + Tue 18th Jan [a] Scumtic ? It would still have given a 3 week break and avoid a clash with the 2nd Feb international date. Still not great as we sill miss the Nigerian boys but would have given less time for those "injuries" to clear up but is that expecting too much from our Board to push hard for some greater integrity?

Thoughts?
If we have 5 or more internationalists away I hope we are pro-active and apply for postponements.

It would attract attention and highlight what a football backwater is Scotland.

As it became obvious the SPFL were going to force this through why did our Board not push for both postponed games to be played on Sat 15th [a] Aberdeen + Tue 18th Jan [a] Scumtic ? It would still have given a 3 week break and avoid a clash with the 2nd Feb international date. Still not great as we sill miss the Nigerian boys but would have given less time for those "injuries" to clear up but is that expecting too much from our Board to push hard for some greater integrity?
What can they do? We only have 1 member on the board or 1 vote however you want to look at it. Robertson could kick up a fuss all he likes but end of the day this was getting voted on regardless.

It does make it an absolute shambles to play the game when some of both teams big players are on international duty.

Back