Arfield - get his contract extension sorted

He always stood out for me at Falkirk, he wasn’t flash or special, but he had a knack of scoring, then I forgot about him until we played Burnley in Warburton’s first match, and yep he scored the only goal of the game.
Scotty is an asset to Rangers, and needs a new deal soon.

My mate told me tonight that arfield is now close and will sign shortly as 2 turkish teams offered him a deal today so rangers have had to now make their offer. He will sign and stay according to his brother.

My mate told me tonight that arfield is now close and will sign shortly as 2 turkish teams offered him a deal today so rangers have had to now make their offer. He will sign and stay according to his brother.
Good news. Didn’t get the impression he would make it hard for us, he made it clear a while back that he was keen to extend. Would be good to get it done and settled before Wednesday.

I was very unsure when I heard we had agreed a pre contract with him a few years ago. I thought he was a decent player but I wasn’t sure where he’d fit in for us.

I’m so thankful that we signed him though. He has a mix of aggression and quality that fits our club perfectly.

I’d be absolutely delighted if he got a new contract. He might not be a nailed on first choice but his versatility, leadership and quality would be difficult to replace.

Hopefully he'll sign on for another year soon. Gio's comments this morning sound promising.

With Defoe already away, and McGregor and Davis very probably in their last season, we're losing a lot of experience from the squad in a short period. Arfield's experience will be needed next season. We don't have anyone else who can offer the same midfield runs from deep.

Arfield is one of our most important players. We don't have anyone else like him in our squad

He simply MUST start v the tims on Wednesday

Don't imagine Scott will be too difficult to deal with. He's not going too move out of Scotland so can't imagine any other side could afford to tempt him away from Ibrox.

Magic player, ridiculous that he didn’t get Scotland caps.

I‘m glad he still got the opportunity to play international football.

Back