Argentine Superliga

DecisiveMelodicCricket.webp

Rumours that Sampaoli is being lined up as the next Boca manager.

Would be interesting as he is a River fan.

Other names being mentioned include Martín Palermo, Gabriel Heinze and Néstor Apuzzo. Burdisso apparently wants Diego Alonso.

Sampaoli gave a radio interview a couple of years ago where he said his dream was to manage River.

Other names being mentioned include Martín Palermo, Gabriel Heinze and Néstor Apuzzo. Burdisso apparently wants Diego Alonso.

Sampaoli gave a radio interview a couple of years ago where he said his dream was to manage River.

Alonso and Heinze would be interesting options.

Sampaoli is leaving Santos at the end of the season so could be a number of reasons why his name has been brought up. Would be very surprised if he was the next Boca manager.

Looks like this River team could be coming to an end. With Palacios already agreeing a deal to go to Leverkeusen other players are also attracting attention.

Man City are interested in Nicolas De La Cruz; Inter are interested in Lucas Martínez Quarta - Zanetti in negotiations with his agent ($22m buyout clause) and Internacional are looking at Nacho Fernandez.

Will Gallardo fancy another rebuild? More likely, it might be time to finally head to Europe.

surprised Napoli didn’t go for him

They still might. As far as I'm aware, RG only has a 6 month contract with an option for another year. Could be a stopgap until the Summer.

I'd say Spain is more likely, though. I've been saying this for a couple of years so who knows? He might never move.

Back