Aribo and Arfield

Sakala isn’t the answer either but in games like tonight he'd be the better option.
We are seriously lacking in scoring power, far too reliant on Morelos. Kent can't shoot, Aribo has cooled down. He deserves a proper run in the team. Not fair to see him being written off when guys like Kent play every minute and can't score.

We are seriously lacking in scoring power, far too reliant on Morelos. Kent can't shoot, Aribo has cooled down. He deserves a proper run in the team. Not fair to see him being written off when guys like Kent play every minute and can't score.
It’s the way Gio’s system is set out the likes of kent are so far wide that more often that not he’s the one crossing the ball in. Don’t think it’s a surprise to see his numbers drop so much from last season when you see how much further away from Morelos he plays now. Gios system relies on goals coming from Morelos and aribo,
But he’s ran aribo into the ground. May be an option to play roofe behind Morelos and see how that works out. May result in more goals in the team with two goal scorers getting into the box rather than just one.

Sakala isn’t the answer either but in games like tonight he'd be the better option.
I'm not sure he's the right option in a tight game where we are leading by a single goal, he's just as likely to turn over possession as create something.

Lowry for Arfield would have been a better shout imo.

Sakala this season 33 matches, 7 goals, 2 assist over all comps. 1394 mins played. 155 mins per goal.

Arfield 34 matches, 5 goals, 0 assists. 1825 mins played. 365 mins per goal.

Mind blowing we don't start Sakala. Half as many mins to score a goal and he's a more natural RW ffs!

Arfield doesn't play RW. He plays tucked in and it allows Tav to get forward and influence games.

I'd have made a change at HT tonight and brought Roofe or Sakala on for Arfield

However given how the game went and Arfield moving into a deeper role, I dont think subs would have helped

we missed the boat for a sub at HT

This Aribo’d work rate was sensational tonight tbh I was well impressed by that . Ok not his greatest actual performance but gave a top shift and contributed .
Arfield gave a too shift , sadly missed some of our best openings but he did help open them up for us . After Sat he can take a rest and ideally some others can take some of the burden but they better give it that total commitment that is thr minimum that’s non-negotiable.

Kamara in the more advanced role upset the whole balance. Aribo had less room to work, Arfield asked to cover back more but lacked legs. They all did what they could but wrong people for the shape.

aribo needs to be out on right - but obviously gio feels midfield light so plays arfield on the side aribo should be

Now shattered for the sheep at home.

Arfield shouldn’t have played Dundee Utd away.

Aribo could have been taken off at HT against Motherwell.

Both are being hammered into the ground. Arfield has never been known to have played so many minutes at Ibrox and Aribo is clearly needing a rest.

This is why ramsay not being fit is hindering us, aribo could be rested for him now and then but instead he has to play every game because we have no one to take his place.

No better tonight. Gio is unconvincing.

Tepid passing, tackling and reading of bounce balls. Almost drunken comedy display
Not sticking up for gio here but these performances are repeats from Gerrards first 3 seasons. Look like conceding every cross, defenders missing the timing of their jumps and headers. Passing across the back 4 constantly as well.

We've been talking about Postecoglou running his players into the ground, and thinking we'll get an advantage because we have a better squad to rotate.
But if Gio won't take knackered players off and force them to play 90 minutes when there's fresh replacements on the bench I don't see what advantage we're going to get.
Kent, Aribo, Lundstram, Arfield, Kamara... All could have been replaced and rested a bit last night after 60 odd minutes.

After the OF game one if the things Gio mentioned was the players couldn't get the communication right on the park for the press.

Given Arfield does his best work without the ball, and since he has moved into this position we have been winning the ball back loads in high positions, I think its pretty clear why he is played regularly in that role.

Arfield desperately needs a spell on the bench it’s actually quite sad to see him trying to chase balls from right wing he simply doesn’t have the pace. I’d rather Aribo was out there and Arfield central if we are going to continue with Scotty,

Arfield doesn't play RW. He plays tucked in and it allows Tav to get forward and influence games.

we missed the boat for a sub at HT
Agree but I don't think he needs to tuck in. We need a bit of pace and someone to run at players or take the balls past, also a direct goal threat. Kent isn't enough. I think Sakala has proven a nuisance and would help pull out players and spread teams out. A partnership between he and Tav could happen.

Yes we did miss that HT sub, baffling!

How both managed the 90 minutes is beyond me.

Aribo was better second half but the first half he was constantly giving the ball away but a few were guilty of it.

He hasn't been himself last few weeks and needs a game or 2 out but not to worry we have Ramsey? Ohh wait....

arfield wont be able to wipe his own @rse this morning

never seen a player look so piped in all my life. Its actually cruel hes not been subbed!

Yeah both need a break.
Don't believe for a second the likes of Lowry, Fashion or Roofe would offer less than these two have recently.
Worrying the management don't see or do anything about it.

Agree but I don't think he needs to tuck in. We need a bit of pace and someone to run at players or take the balls past, also a direct goal threat. Kent isn't enough. I think Sakala has proven a nuisance and would help pull out players and spread teams out. A partnership between he and Tav could happen.

Yes we did miss that HT sub, baffling!

When we have somebody hugging the touchline on the right, it stunts Tav from being so influential in our games

Fashion was just getting in his way 2nd half on Sunday for example

So it solves one thing and creates another problem

When we have somebody hugging the touchline on the right, it stunts Tav from being so influential in our games

Fashion was just getting in his way 2nd half on Sunday for example

So it solves one thing and creates another problem
Which is why they need to play together more often and create an understanding.

Aribo is the out ball if the goalie needs to kick it long

Scott A was doing a power of work on that right hand side

It’s not championship manager folks

Out of interest does a player have any say as to whether he feels he has recovered enough for another 90 minutes after running around on a ploughed field like last night. Or is it a case of that's your job, get on with it.

I thought Kent, Aribo and Arfield were all poor again last night.

Kent and Arfield have been discussed often here, but I think Aribo gets too much of a free pass, although that might not be a popular opinion here.

It's not that he lacks talent, more that he just doesn't use it enough to dominate games, or alternatively, he's played in the wrong position to use it properly.

In midfield he adopts what I call "trot" mode too often and lacks intensity and speed and is prone to wanting too may touches.

I personally prefer him in the front three where he can cause chaos in and around opposition's penalty box, a position he has rarely been utilised for the past year.

I thought Kent, Aribo and Arfield were all poor again last night.

Kent and Arfield have been discussed often here, but I think Aribo gets too much of a free pass, although that might not be a popular opinion here.

It's not that he lacks talent, more that he just doesn't use it enough to dominate games, or alternatively, he's played in the wrong position to use it properly.

In midfield he adopts what I call "trot" mode too often and lacks intensity and speed and is prone to wanting too may touches.

I personally prefer him in the front three where he can cause chaos in and around opposition's penalty box, a position he has rarely been utilised for the past year.
At least you don’t think he lacks talent.

Know what annoys me the likes of Kamara, lundstrum etc get thrown under the bus all the time. Aribo has been brutal recently and it’s calls to move him out right, when he was out right people wanted him in the 10! Excuses all the time, good player but not great

Back