Aribo, Kent and Hagi

CaptainCourageous

Three pre-season friendly games in - well four if you count Hamilton - and the signs are really positive.

Getting into some fantastic positions, each player has exceptional feet and movement but not only that, they are scoring goals.

If they can deliver double figures in the league - which isn't a tall ask - it would be absolutely massive for us.

There will be much more discussion around the complete change of attacking shape im sure on here post match.

Very obvious changes. Looks great. Look at the starting positions of the front 5 when Ryan Jacks got the ball. Theres nobody hiding at right angles to him. 2 midfielders go join up.

Keep Morelos, bring in another striker who will contribute, creative midfielder, Defoe and there is goals in there.

We need goals, ruthlessness, a nasty streak where we just finish teams off.

A lot of talent there - but can they deliver under bonkers pressure? They'll never have player under the same intensity as this coming season.

Three pre-season friendly games in - well four if you count Hamilton - and the signs are really positive.

Getting into some fantastic positions, each player has exceptional feet and movement but not only that, they are scoring goals.

If they can deliver double figures in the league - which isn't a tall ask - it would be absolutely massive for us.

I have pretty much said the same in the Aribo thread.

They are 3 excellent talents that look like they are understanding each other games much better this pre season I would like the likes of Stewart Doc Jones etc moved on and bring in another player of quality in the no.10 and centre mid positions to give them competition as the drop in quality is too big if one of those players go missing through suspension or injuries

Been very impressed with the front 3. My only worry is when teams pack the box then we struggle.

We've carved Motherwell open on a number of occasions and they had men behind the box on the edge of their area.

Movement from the trio in the title along with Tavernier, Barišić and Morelos is giving them nightmares. Then there is the intensity, directness and pace we are moving the ball - quick, short, long, diagonal with authority.

A midfielder who can ping balls about the park, plays with his head up.and sees that early pass would make us even more dangerous.

The little intricate passes and footwork is key to unlocking the packed defences, that and an effective counter attack hitting them with pace whenever they get forward.

I said in the transfer thread last month I expected them all to get high 10s goals. A few posters were sceptical, it’s a real possibility.

Last edited:
Looking good. Aribo has been great so far- think he’ll be player of the year this year.
We need a top striker up top though. Cousin/Jelavic style as well as Alfredo.

The little intricate passes and footwork is key to unlocking the packed defences, that and an effective counter attack hitting them with pace whenever they get forward.

Someone picking out theses quick passes too.

One part of the lad Zumbu's game that looks good.

We still need to be more clinical on the counter. We travel at pace but there can still be too many touches around the opposition's area or a.poor final pass. We saw this second half tonight.

1st half tonight, Hagi Aribo Kent Jack all looked very very good. We'll need goals from those areas this season

All 3 are capable of getting us 15 goals this season. You can see we have done a lot of work on the system and both Kent and Hagi are impacting the game more centrally.

Morelos linked the play well, we just need him to find his touch in front of goal

We've carved Motherwell open on a number of occasions and they had men behind the box on the edge of their area.

Movement from the trio in the title along with Tavernier, Barišić and Morelos is giving them nightmares. Then there is the intensity, directness and pace we are moving the ball - quick, short, long, diagonal with authority.

A midfielder who can ping balls about the park, plays with his head up.and sees that early pass would make us even more dangerous.

This is how we’ve played August to December under Gerrard for the most part. It’s once we get to January that we have problems.

Only time will tell if we’re going to be finally able to sustain that level of movement and intensity for a whole season.

Aribo was excellent. Fantastic goal and great passing tonight. Also looks as if he’s bulked up a bit? maybe been hitting the gym on lockdown. Great team performance , sure the gaffer will be pleased with our progress.

This is how we’ve played August to December under Gerrard for the most part. It’s once we get to January that we have problems.

Only time will tell if we’re going to be finally able to sustain that level of movement and intensity for a whole season.

It will help if we can add a genuine depth to the squad, allowing these top players to be paced over the season.

Three key players who’ve made us tick pre season. I’d include Kamara who has linked up very well.

Around 12 months ago Joe Aribo took a ball near the touchline just around the halfway line in Denmark. His first touch and turn sold about 3 opposition players a dummy and he walked away from them like they were not there in the first place. A genuine 'Wow' moment, one of them that you want to look at again as you ask yourself, 'Did I just see that there?'

I watched it in the pub and immediately posted on here that this kid has magic dust in his boots. He is the real deal and will be a top player.

A move from Charlton to Rangers takes time given we have the least patient support ever known to man. That said, our support can be the best backers in the world and Joe Aribo is about to be the recipient of that support and will be our next hero. The boy has just 'got it'.

I certainly would not want to play against them at fives... There close control and dribbling is just superb. Turn it into goals and wins and they will be worth 10's of millions.

Back