Aribo, let's not ignore his contribution since the break

Haven’t really been impressed with him since he came back from AFCON. That’s a while ago now.

But we’ve got far bigger problems than Aribo.

Back to playing like an academy player. The amount of time he stops his run into the box is frightening, a good midfielder bursts a gut and scores plenty

Hasnt been the same since the ACON but I still dont think you can leave him out of the starting 11
Agree we cant leave him out but his contribution over the last half a dozen games or so shows he needs to be taken off
Thought he was very poor thurs and today also

I don't think he's played badly but he's not playing well. He needs rested badly. I said on Thursday he looked like he was very heavy legged towards the end and today he was pretty subdued.

The fact that he seems a very quiet lad always concerns me slightly that he's likely to go into his shell a bit more when his confidence isn't up. He's still been good with the ball but he's only really holding on to it and recycling possession rather than taking the initiative like he was in the first half of the season

He is exhausted - his season started back in July and between European football and international duty, he won't have had a breather in nearly 6 months.

Just had a look there and today was his 49th appearance of the season for club and country and it's only February. No wonder he looks off the boil.
We might’ve hoped Ramsey could have alleviated, by either playing some time instead or Aribo (or Arfield), unfortunately not quite happened as yet.

A really good player but he looks knackered.

A few lovely bits of trickery and control from him today -- nothing much else unfortunately.
Still provides an aerial & physical presence that should imo be used more.

He’s offering little and looks knackered. We should have signed another player in his position on January to rotate with. Well, one who doesn’t have a career-long record of being injured.

He looks like he’s played a lot of football and it’s taking its toll on his influence in games.

Both him & Arfield were gubbed and yet Gio rinsed them by keeping them on. Poor management.

It's noticeable his form pre-afcon to now. Not the worst by any stretch but doesn't have that same influence on games

He's back to being the Joe Aribo of a few seasons ago. Some nice touches but not influencing games at all.

The MOTM award today was a joke. If you're drawing a MOTM from a hat, no 17 isn't even going into the hat.

Games are just passing him by at the minute.

I know it must have been hard to pick a MOTM today but Aribo would have been one of my last picks.

Our players we hype up have one great game in about five.

They feel like they can just show up and not get too much criticism because they played like their lives depended on it to get through one more round in the Europa League where we have little to no chance of winning the tournament overall.

In the league where it's a two horse race, they leave their ability at the door.

He is exhausted - his season started back in July and between European football and international duty, he won't have had a breather in nearly 6 months.

Just had a look there and today was his 49th appearance of the season for club and country and it's only February. No wonder he looks off the boil.
He’s an elite level athlete this tired nonsense is not a valid excuse you don’t see guys from top teams complaining about being tired it’s part and parcel of the game if you can’t handle it then your in the wrong profession.

Don’t even think the 2 of them combined are close to Abada or Jota. We rely far far too much on Tav and Morelos.
In my opinion that's just garbage, you trying to tell me they were world beaters today, give me Kent and Aribo any day,there's over 25%of the season still to go, stop believing the hype from across the city, the cracks are now appearing they are bang average, we'll be top before the next old firm. mark my words. WATP

He’s an elite level athlete this tired nonsense is not a valid excuse you don’t see guys from top teams complaining about being tired it’s part and parcel of the game if you can’t handle it then your in the wrong profession.

In world football, there are only two players who have played more minutes than Joe this season.

It doesn't matter how "elite" you are; everyone needs a rest every now and then.

As many have said before, he's looking tired and not firing on all cylinders since his stint at AFCON and I thought he might have been rested today.
A fully fit Aribo will always be one of the first names on the teamsheet but I think it's time he was given a bit of recovery time to have him fully fit for the run-in!

Woeful today along with Arfield and Kamara.

He needs either dropped or rested. Trouble is who do we play instead?

In world football, there are only two players who have played more minutes than Joe this season.

It doesn't matter how "elite" you are; everyone needs a rest every now and then.
Wow, these are some stats...kind of validates the point I made earlier!

Raheem Sterling was knackered mind

In my opinion that's just garbage, you trying to tell me they were world beaters today, give me Kent and Aribo any day,there's over 25%of the season still to go, stop believing the hype from across the city, the cracks are now appearing they are bang average, we'll be top before the next old firm. mark my words. WATP

Can’t really be calling facts garbage.

Kent has 2 league goals all season, Abada has 9 and Jota has 7 having missed about 8 games. Our midfielders and wide men don’t score enough goals.

Tavernier and Morelos are the only reason there’s still a title race IMO.

He was good from gio took over till Xmas. Apart from that he’s never played two good games in a row for rangers, Today he was going ten minutes spells without touching the ball.

all this velcro feet rubbish , he does not get away from a man if he beats him. If he is outside the box you can see him always trying to get it on his left and rarely gets a shot away. He does not know how to pick up a man when out of posession and so lazy in tracking back , he does not have a sprint in him , a luxury we cannot afford just now,

I don't think he's played badly but he's not playing well. He needs rested badly. I said on Thursday he looked like he was very heavy legged towards the end and today he was pretty subdued.

The fact that he seems a very quiet lad always concerns me slightly that he's likely to go into his shell a bit more when his confidence isn't up. He's still been good with the ball but he's only really holding on to it and recycling possession rather than taking the initiative like he was in the first half of the season
Sounds like a Boris Johnson summary. Go to work but don’t go to work etc

Back