Aribo when he came on

Recoba

Official Ticketer
I know he wasn’t on for long but when he came on immediately he got the ball and skinned 2 players to drive forward with it and he also held onto the ball at the end going up the park, lets not forget we did all that without him last night and although he hasn’t been firing on all cylinders the past few games he is an exceptional talent and we still have loads to look forward to with him in the team.

What a position to be in were we can rest players of his quality and still beat a very good team

Done well when he came on.

Wasted some valuable seconds in the corner, showed a bit of experience there, stuff that usually happens against us when we're chasing the game.

He showed the composure we really needed when he came on

Him and Alfie could have saw the game out in the corner but big Buff rolled the defender and went into destroy mode and they broke away

An excellent foul from Goldson saved us thankfully

He done what other players were too tired to by that point and that was slow the pace of the game down, keep possession, take ball into the corner and don't do anything stupid.

We needed him on about 15 minutes before he did ...... he kept the ball and injected energy in a midfield that was dead on its feet.
Agreed, Kamara and Arfield looked really shattered, so did Morelos but he could still burst away when he needed to

should probably have come on a bit earlier.. would have subbed alfie off as he was dead on his feet around 70 minutes as well

I'd agree with that.

It was a tricky one in that it was a difficult game to throw someone into the pace of and SG would have been wary of disrupting our shape, but Morelos had run himself into the ground and some fresh legs just to help hold the ball up and take a bit of pressure off sooner might have helped us keep some momentum, rather than end up on the back foot and unable to keep possession.

Arfield and Davis were also looking absolutely fcked for the last 20 mins having done a great job of relentlessly pressing for the first 60 mins or so.

I still think subs are something SG needs to get to grips with. We never seem to keep the flow and continuity of our play when we start swapping players out. Always look a bit disjointed after it compared to before, but he'll learn this over time.

Him and Alfie could have saw the game out in the corner but big Buff rolled the defender and went into destroy mode and they broke away

I genuinely went off my head when Alfie did that, sometimes the thought of glory gets the better of him.

Totally agree OP. When he came on he helped relieve some pressure

During IT we really managed the game very well in their half and kept possession great in the corner

He will get better for us

I like the fact his game time is being managed correctly, he shouldn't ALWAYS start, he's a young lad who has never had pressure at a club like this, was excellent when he came on last night, he starts v St Johnstone, then maybe back on bench v Livingston

Although was a bit of an error from Gerrard v the mhanks in terms of what he expected Aribo to do that game.

He went into Destroy mode and then got into the box and went into Wtf am I doing mode. Looked as though he tried to turn back towards the corner before losing it.

I was screaming at Alfie for that. Ok he did well getting into the box but then a simple lay-off to Davis or King and it would've been game over, instead he tries to beat his man again and lost it. Love the wee man but he frustrates the life out me at times :))

He's going to be a massive player for us, looked very experienced when he came on
And yet he has no experience of Europa group stages, never mind a full and bouncing Ibrox. The guy has a very bright future, and he looks to be taking it all in his stride.

Aribo is much more suited to games like that where the opponents aren't parking the bus inside their own half.

I was screaming for Aribo for Kamara after about 65 minutes.

Thought Kamara was pretty poor again tbh.

I genuinely like Kamara and think we've done well landing him.
But imo last night he didn't have one of his better games.

Aribo should have been on earlier.
King should maybe have been on earlier too for Arfield, who was another who looked shattered.

However, this was a game that needed us to keep Alfie on the pitch.
The amount of work he did up top was absolutely amazing, and I'm sure it hasn't gone unnoticed with other clubs' scouts.

Was poor decision making by Morelos that, he should have kept the ball in the corner.

One of the few who kept possession, kept ball away from Feyenoord players etc....did very well. Took sting out of game where he could.

I genuinely like Kamara and think we've done well landing him.
But imo last night he didn't have one of his better games.

Aribo should have been on earlier.
King should maybe have been on earlier too for Arfield, who was another who looked shattered.

However, this was a game that needed us to keep Alfie on the pitch.
The amount of work he did up top was absolutely amazing, and I'm sure it hasn't gone unnoticed with other clubs' scouts.

Without meaning having a dig at King because I know he's only played a bit part here and there but I genuinely can't remember him touching the ball in any of his appearances for us.

I feel for the boy but he has to realise there’s a heavy weight of expectation on his shoulders. With precious little guile in our line up Rangers desperately need our quality players to perform EVERY week.

It’s a big ask for somebody so young to make the step up between Charlton and Rangers seamless but that’s exactly what we need from this big guy. We need the likes of Aribo to turn up in EVERY game not every three games if we are to have any chance of winning this league.

Without meaning having a dig at King because I know he's only played a bit part here and there but I genuinely can't remember him touching the ball in any of his appearances for us.

Yes, I do know what you mean.
Although tbf to him, last night he came on at 90 minutes!

Still, it would be good to see something from him -- a burst of pace, a defence-splitting pass, a shot on target -- just to let us know he's there.
I suppose that last night, in the last few minutes, wasn't the time for that.

Was poor decision making by Morelos that, he should have kept the ball in the corner.

I know, I was going mad, especially when they broke so quickly

Would have been better for us if he'd just blattered it over the bar than when he had his "oh fuk" moment and tried to go back out wide

We need to remember Aribo played in the playoff final at the end of may and then started our pre-season mid June. He has played a lot already for us and also debuted for Nigeria. He probly played close to 50 games in the football league last season. Personally I’m happy with his contribution so far but hoping he gets even better! WATP

Kamara did fine for 60 mins then mistakes started to creep in. The sub should have came earlier.

On the plus side Aribo will be very fresh for Sunday where he will certainly start the game.

Coming to Rangers has been a big step up for him. At Charlton he was playing in front of 12k every second Saturday and under no pressure. He is now in the furnace of Rangers and the heat has got to him. It will take him time to adjust and the gaffer will be giving him loads of help.

Horses for courses.

The Gaffer took flack for his OF selection mistake.

He got that spot on last night. High intensity pressing from Jack Davis Kamara Arfield and alfie.

Back