Arteta thanks Gerrard for turning Gers around

Gerrard will be welcome back to Ibrox and I think, and hope, even his sternest critics right now will simmer down and see what he actually done for Rangers, and forgive the manner of his departure.

Compare to Rodgers who would be skinned alive on London Road long before he made it to their front entrance.

To anyone hating on Gerrard right now a bit of advice, don't be like Timmy, its not us.

As much of a fan as Whittaker.

He’s a turncoat and should be remembered as such.

Homesick, yet finds himself in Merseyside 6 months later. After whinging he wanted to be the main midfielder and then getting the chance when Barry left.

For me, the big sticking point in that is the post Ross County interview with the “nothing is bigger than the cup semi final”.

Given what we now know, it’s naivety to assume he hadn’t Villa contact before that, despite what he claims otherwise. And as a manager, how can any player at Villa not wonder how much loyalty they need to show to him and Villa if they think they’ve a better offer elsewhere, after that example? He set himself up and to me, no history will change it regardless of how (hopefully) successful Gio becomes here.

As for Arteta, I’ll give him that because as said before he was a young lad away from home. Is it a bit suss what he did going back to Everton so soon, yeah. But anyone who thinks he engineered it in the same way Gerrard engineered the move to Villa is either being obtuse or overly aware of their staunch points.
What a crock of shite. Spoken like a petty jealous guy!

Gerrard will be welcome back to Ibrox and I think, and hope, even his sternest critics right now will simmer down and see what he actually done for Rangers, and forgive the manner of his departure.

Compare to Rodgers who would be skinned alive on London Road long before he made it to their front entrance.

To anyone hating on Gerrard right now a bit of advice, don't be like Timmy, its not us.
Much like the reaction when Souness left, it left a sour taste in the mouth but once the dust settled folk got their perspective back again.
I'm quite sure in a few years time if Gerrard's doing an appearance in The Louden it'll be a sell out!
;)

I think people forget he was just a young guy when he came to Rangers and didn’t settle to well in Glasgow, but he now looks back with fondness with his time at the club

Yes he was young, and in a very foreign (for him) country. But importantly he recognizes how vital it was that his introduction to the British game occurred in Scotland with Rangers.
His time with us was the perfect preparation for his move south.
He could of never dealt with the physicality of the PL without first being battered senseless by the hammer throwers up here.
Lovely to watch, but I was always worried a gust of wind might lift the wee lad into the Broomloam.
We had loose fitting kit in those days. He looked like could fit a family of five in his top.
Absolutely billowed!

Back