Arveladze ripping Ferguson for drinking Red Bull

It's not exactly good for you isit I've seen 1st hand the damage it does.. I also have a friend who used to drink it everyday n his doctor told him to phase it out he didn't and he told me it was like what a drug addiction must have felt like truing yo come of drugs..
But what does this have to do with barry ferguson never gonna make it as a coach?

Harry Redknapp probably ate steak pies and drank pints of beer throughout his coaching career, for example. Most managers probably eat and drink unhealthy stuff every day.

But Barry ferguson will never be a good manager because he drinks red bull?

:))

It’s banned in some countries, like Denmark, France and others etc Mainly due to the inclusion of an ingredient called taurine, which you find in bile.

It’s ingredients artificially raise your heart rate and blood pressure and when you throw in the unfortunate trend for cardiac arrest in recent times and you get the picture.
Why are we discussing this though??

:))

It’s banned in some countries, like Denmark, France and others etc Mainly due to the inclusion of an ingredient called taurine, which you find in bile.

It’s ingredients artificially raise your heart rate and blood pressure and when you throw in the unfortunate trend for cardiac arrest in recent times and you get the picture.
Aah ok, that makes sense. I wonder what the footballers have as I’m presuming it will be some form of pre workout cocktail that includes around 200/300mg of caffeine. I tend to stick to a couple of espresso shots from my nespresso machine as a pre workout at 6.30am!

The amount of people that fall over themselves to slaughter and hate a Rangers legend, is frankly bizarre.

It’s pathetic man haha.

He was my hero growing up and I don’t agree with some of the stuff he thinks or says but people need to have a day off hating one of our greatest ever captains.

It’s pathetic man haha.

He was my hero growing up and I don’t agree with some of the stuff he thinks or says but people need to have a day off hating one of our greatest ever captains.
It’s difficult when he’s basically a lickspittle towing the mhedia party line.

Some of the stuff he’s written about us including valuing Morelos at about £8m is the celtc media fan boy viewpoints.

If you asked someone who never knew him to guess his football leanings from his written work, they wouldn’t be saying Rangers.

No harm to Barry but you won’t find many sports scientists recommending red bull, it’s a bit like saying coffee is an energy drink because it’s full of caffeine.

Doesn’t take a sports science degree to know that red bull is pish.

Barry needs to chill out. Looks like he was about to kick off over a harmless bit of banter.

Para by name para by nature.

There’s nothing wrong with red bull

Barry strikes me as the type of guy that takes himself too seriously to have a laugh when he's getting slagged.
Barry seems like a jakey bastard who would be a nightmare to be around. But, I absolutely love the guy as I grew up watching him. He was a magical player.

Am no Barry fan but this really is a non story. Ferguson clearly knows it's a pisstake ffs.

Can we just not let Barry get on with his life. Some of the comments on here to an ex Captain of our Club and a player who would walk into most Rangers Teams I’ve watched are out of order.
His ability as a footballer is overshadowed somewhat by his personality.

So just to sum the thread up for anyone who has just joined. Barry is either getting annoyed or not getting annoyed over a comment about an energy drink.

People with half a brain are for some reason moaning about this. Body Language experts are weighing in.

Then you get people moaning about people moaning which always makes it worse, the same comments quoted over and over.

Ah, FF. Never change. :))

Barry strikes me as the type of guy that takes himself too seriously to have a laugh when he's getting slagged.
I think he's just not particularly sharp-witted and able to rhetort well to be honest.

You can see he struggles with any kind of decent comeback on banter, but it's obviously harmless fun between the two.

Remember the famous Charlie Nicholas Specsavers comeback to Jeff Stelling...? KInd of like that, where someone would love to be able to give as good as they get but just doesn't have the right wit about them.

Aye mate and if you believe all you read and like to focus on negatives, they get the taurine from bulls testicles, so I have read.

It’s a essential amino acid, and has therapeutic benefits, such as helping with cramping and taurine deficiencies, like anything there can be positives and negatives.

perhaps read into things before spouting shite you read from a Facebook maw, who spends the weekend sniffing powder then goes on a rampage about red bull. B-D

Aye mate and if you believe all you read and like to focus on negatives, they get the taurine from bulls testicles, so I have read.

Not a slight on the red bull drinkers. Someone asked a question and it was answered.

Aye it’s also one of the most abundant amino acids in human milk. You’ll find it in bile, but you’ll also find it in the brain, spinal chord, retina and all throughout the body.

And a good guy. Great article from 2001 below:

RANGERS fans are praying his goals will make him the new king of Ibrox.

But striker Shota Arveladze has revealed he could instead be sitting on a real throne in his homeland of Georgia.

The 28-year-old has traced his family back to 18th century King Irakli II, the last monarch of Georgia before it became part of Russia.

Georgian fans of the star have campaigned to bring back the monarchy and install national hero Shota as king.

Shota, a close personal friend of Georgian president Eduard Shevardnadze, has told close friends and family about his blue-blooded roots.

He won't make any attempt to re-establish royals in his homeland while his football career flourishes. But he has admitted his family are excited about the discovery.

One of his closest friends, Dutch author David Winner, said: "The connection has been traced by the Arveladze family. And if they did reintroduce royalty to Georgia, Shota would be number one choice among the people.

"His dad might have to be king first, but everyone would want Shota to follow. He is incredibly popular - not just for his football exploits. He's a very good and warm person.

"His mother was quite excited about finding out and said if the country still had a royal family they would be living in a palace.

"Shota's parents are the two most famous medics in the country.

"His aunt is a famous playwright and former dissident. They are probably the most famous family in the country and are very well liked."

The reign of King Irakli, Shota's great-great-great-great-grandfather, began in 1744 when the Black Sea country was at war with Iran.

He signed much of Georgia's power over to Russia in return for protection from Catherine the Great. The Georgian monarchy remained intact until Irakli's death in 1798, but disintegrated shortly afterwards.

Georgian Oxford University academic Georg Shakarishvili said: "There have been plenty of discussions about returning the royals.

"There is even a single-issue political party called the Monarchy Party devoted to the idea. But there are a number of people who claim they are descended from Irakli, the last king of Georgia.

"If the monarchy was to return then the claims of all these individuals would have to be examined very carefully.

"Although Shota is very popular, one thing that would count against him is his name. It is not a royal or noblename."

Shota was signed from Ajax Amsterdam for pounds 3million by Rangers boss Dick Advocaat to bolster his side's League and UEFA Cup campaign.

And if Advocaat needs someone to play alongside him he need look no further than Shota's twin brother Archil, who stars for Cologne in Germany. The pair are telepathic on and off the pitch.

Shota even feels a wave of elation if Archil scores in his own match while he's playing thousands of miles away.

Shota and Archil's popularity rocketed when they helped save the country's biggest club Dinamo Tbilisi.

In the desperately poor country, in which most fans live in cramped high-rise flats, the team faced bankruptcy.

But the twins, along with fellow Georgian players Georgi Kinkladze and Temuri Ketsbaia, stepped in and supplied kit for the players.
Once reinstated he could make Marching Through Georgia the national anthem

Back