Assists never tell the full story

insanicdrunk

Watching the winning goal back. It all starts from a free kick by Kamara. There are two Celtc fans players standing in front of him, he plays it in between them to Davis who turns with the ball and we are away.

The stats will give Bassey the assist, but that goal is made possible by Kamara.

Watching the winning goal back. It all starts from a free kick by Kamara. There are two Celtc fans standing in front of him, he plays it in between them to Davis who turns with the ball and we are away.

The stats will give Bassey the assist, but that goal is made possible by Kamara.
Greg Taylor and Callum McGregor?

To go slightly off to a tangent, it's why I find the criticism of Kent baffling at times.

Yes, he may not "assist" as many as others do but I'd love to see the stats in how many moves that lead to a goal he is involved in. He'll often play the pass that leads to the assist but that's not recorded as such.

Last edited:
To go slightly off to a tangent, it's why I find the criticism of Kent baffling at times.

Yes, he may not "assist" as many as others do but I'd love to see the stats in how many moves that lead to a goal he is involved in. He'll often play the pass that ends to the assist but that's not recorded as such.

Agreed, first goal against Braga shows that, pulls the defender to the byeline, loads of space for Borna.

Said this in the Sportscene thread. It actually looks like Kamara is trying to play it off one of the scum players to get them booked for not retreating. The scum players both shy away from blocking it.

Yes, he may not "assist" as many as others do but I'd love to see the stats in how many moves that lead to a goal he is involved in. He'll often play the pass that ends to the assist but that's not recorded as such.

Definitely true but also worth noting that Kent has 17 assists to his name this season. One more than Tav.

Yes, he may not "assist" as many as others do but I'd love to see the stats in how many moves that lead to a goal he is involved in. He'll often play the pass that leads to the assist but that's not recorded as such.

Ryan Kent and James Tavernier are our best players. Anyone who didn’t think so is an idiot

Watching the winning goal back. It all starts from a free kick by Kamara. There are two Celtc fans players standing in front of him, he plays it in between them to Davis who turns with the ball and we are away.

Kamara is a brilliant player.

Back