Aston Villa and Norwich expenditure

Higher finish - Villa or Norwich?

• Villa

Votes: 163 84.9%
  • Norwich

Votes: 31 16.1%

• Total voters

ssblue

Play off winners Villa spent £145m this summer.

Championship winners Norwich spent £1.1m.

Which team will finish higher?

Fulham spent 100m last season and got relegated but I think most of those signings were transfer deadline day.

As much as Villa are on my Cnut list as far as my coupy’s went last season, I fancy them to do well.

Villa are a far bigger club than Norwich. Traditionally, they are much bigger than Spurs, Citeh and Chelsea as well. They deserve to be in the top flight.

I really hate Villa, their fans from experience are utterly entitled knob heads and I don’t know any that speak well of us.

For that reason, I’d love to see them relegated again and for their transfer dealings to have been catastrophic.

Villa have spent well though and got some of the loan players they had last season while releasing the deadwood. Unlike Fulham who didnt seem to have a certain transfer strategy. Villa will stay up comfortably I reckon.

Don’t necessarily see either pulling up trees but reckon Villa will finish higher.

Norwich strike me as potentially being that classic Championship team that play attacking free flowing football that just doesn’t translate to the higher level, whereas Villa have the look of a more streetwise team who will be fine.

I really hate Villa, their fans from experience are utterly entitled knob heads and I don’t know any that speak well of us.

For that reason, I’d love to see them relegated again and for their transfer dealings to have been catastrophic.
Got on really well with their fans before the play-off final, we were all drinking together and having a laugh and the police couldn't get their heads round it.

could be wrong but it feels like Villa want to stay up and Norwich are only there for the TV money

Villa bought a lot of players who will have to get used to the league so a risk there. Will be interesting to see if the player they brought in from the Belgian league will replace the Tammy Abraham goals from last year, he scored 25 in the Championship

Villa after a slow start. Norwich will struggle i think - very small squad played a lot of games after they turned it round last year and theyve not really added to it, think they cant really change the way they play either, probably prefer norwich as a club though

Got on really well with their fans before the play-off final, we were all drinking together and having a laugh and the police couldn't get their heads round it.

I appreciate I’m generalising, but my experience with pretty much every other English football fan has been a positive one.

My mate’s wife is also a “Villa fan” (she pretends to care about football, posting pictures of her “crying” on social media when Villa lose) and she’s a fucking boot, so that definitely contributes to my feelings on them as a club.

Think Norwich and Sheff Utd will go straight back down. Villa probably fighting it out with Newcastle, Brighton and Burnley to avoid joining them.

Could anyone recommend a good website that gives details of squads and players ?

I really want to try and become more knowledgable about EPL, L

Don't like Villa's spending at all - looks like Fulham last season with even less quality. For me £26m for Tyrone Mings is the worst fee of the whole window.

Villa are not a bigger club than Spurs.

Tell that to a Victorian or an Edwardian and they would fall down laughing.
But seeing as they are all more or less dead, I think that in terms of the modern game, you are probably right.

However, without checking, I think you will find that Villas trophy cabinet if that matters anymore, would be happy to debate your suggestion.

Don't like Villa's spending at all - looks like Fulham last season with even less quality. For me £26m for Tyrone Mings is the worst fee of the whole window.
I don't know what you get for 26 million, but nowadays I increasingly find that it gets you a player I hardly know a thing about.
I admit that that in itself isn't a measurement of anything reliable, but nonetheless, I am sure I won't be alone in this.

Tell that to a Victorian or an Edwardian and they would fall down laughing.
But seeing as they are all more or less dead, I think that in terms of the modern game, you are probably right.

However, without checking, I think you will find that Villas trophy cabinet if that matters anymore, would be happy to debate your suggestion.

Aston Villa are a Newcastle type club - big in their local area.

Spurs will have supporters all over the world. Spurs are a significantly bigger club than Aston Villa.

Back