Atmosphere today

ThomasMRFC

Did anyone think the atmosphere today was flat for a final? Other than a few moments it seemed poor. Is it just Cos we are all so tense and desperate to win again?

For a Semi Final I agree.
Flat atmosphere which seemed to transend to the players.
It was as if we only had to turn up to win the game, which thankfully we did.

What got me was people leaving early?

Semi final, winning 3-0 to get to final.

Surely you’d wait to applaud the players off for their efforts, or is that just me?
Totally agree. First final in 3 and a half years and folk walking out 10 minutes before the end.

A huge number of our fans have been and are a credit to the Club, but I really can’t get my head round those who walk out long before the end.

Today was another big step for us, I just wish some of our fans appreciated it.

Some boy for the Unions Bears section letting the side down.

Throwing the flare that landed right next to the cameraman.

They can't be expected to be respected by the club by these antics.

That’s a different matter . I like flares and smoke bombs but if your gonna start chucking them then they can’t be allowed. The steward had to move out the way. Imagine he hadn’t been paying attention could have got a nasty burn on the leg

Totally agree. First final in 3 and a half years and folk walking out 10 minutes before the end.

A huge number of our fans have been and are a credit to the Club, but I really can’t get my head round those who walk out long before the end.

One of the issues here is Hampden is an absolute nightmare to get away from. I stayed till the end but it took a good hour and a half to get away from that stadium and I live 25 mins away. Can imagine folk coming across the water etc might not have a choice. Hampden is the worst stadium in the country to get away from

images

What got me was people leaving early?

Semi final, winning 3-0 to get to final.

Surely you’d wait to applaud the players off for their efforts, or is that just me?
Have to agree with that. Yeah it's spoken about all the time but it's fűcking pathetic from 80 minutes every stairwell full of bodies streaming out. Everyone has places they want to get to after the game including the ones that stay til the end :rolleyes:

Hampden is a shite stadium that struggles to generate an atmosphere, the 2nd half sound decent on the telly though.
Get that Celtic get battered song to %^*& though, or change the lyrics.
We follow Rangers, everywhere they go.

Some boy for the Unions Bears section letting the side down.

Throwing the flare that landed right next to the cameraman.

They can't be expected to be respected by the club by these antics.

The boy got a lot of stick from our fans around the stadium. A lot of boos when it was thrown.

If the steward hasn’t moved he easily could’ve been hurt.

One of the issues here is Hampden is an absolute nightmare to get away from. I stayed till the end but it took a good hour and a half to get away from that stadium and I live 25 mins away. Can imagine folk coming across the water etc might not have a choice. Hampden is the worst stadium in the country to get away from
%^*& me I'm 20mins away from hamdumpI stayed till the end home by half five with a 15minute walk to the motor.

Did anyone think the atmosphere today was flat for a final? Other than a few moments it seemed poor. Is it just Cos we are all so tense and desperate to win again?
Forget the final snark remarks.

I agree but I do think there’s a nervousness about us all after how poorly we’ve done in recent years mate. Barring that I had a banger behind me that started trying to break a seat at 2-0

I get that, Hampden is widely condemned as a bad stadium, in a built up area with shit transport links etc etc.

But those have been issues for years, they didn’t appear today.

It was a tremendous day for us, yet at the end it seemed like many fans treated it as a run of the mill semi which we're used to winning. We’re not and that’s why that’s today marked a big step forward for us.

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty good. Quiter pre kick off than previous trips to hampden but overall i thought it was good considering the game was over as a contest after an hour.

Hampden is much closer to where I stay than Ibrox and I was in the house later than what I would be coming back from Ibrox

The east stand was pretty quiet. Most folk were just boking for 90 mins from the stench from Saturday still lingering though.

Reactions: o7o
The only time you get a great atmospheric is when you have 50000 supporting the one team, and that ain’t happened in a while.

literally can’t be doing with this. Just got home off the train, I’ve done what feels like a million games in the past couple of months. People don’t need to make an excuse to leave, I quite simply wanted to jump the train que. I left 5 minutes early and am unashamed to do so.

I said to the guy next to me when we were strolling the game, go on Follow, Follow later and you will get someone criticise just for the sake of it

It was flat v the bheasts aswell at home and even at some points in Europe at home. The song book issue is having a big effect. People don't know if they can sing anything of that variety. It will cost us in the final if fans think we can only sing stuff 4LHAD and Every saturday we follow instead of our main anthems.

Back