Aussie players waiting for photos with Messi

Cammy Devlin getting his match worn 1000th game strip, could probably sell it for more money than he’ll make in his career.

Did Devlin get his strip as it looked like he was asking Messi for it at the end of the game, if he did why was he not waiting outside asking him.to sign it !
As you say it will be worth a fortune.

Australian players can go home with their heads held high. A st mirren player gets out the group stages of the world cup, more than very classy players from scotland can say.

Another thing, this will be messis last world cup, so that's historic in itself.

Many of them are run of the mill journey men earning no more than some plumbers on building sites. They put in a great effort and done well so shouldn't be denied any memories.

Jason Cummings looked absolutely starstruck after the match.
His life just takes one absolutely mental twist after another. Good for him, could never grudge him it as he’s just a daft laddie who’s luckily half decent at football.

He will be able to write an interesting book when he retires.

Don't see the big deal. For many he is the greatest player to ever play the game. Guys like Messi are the reason loads and loads of people love football. Those lads won't be any different.

Did Devlin get his strip as it looked like he was asking Messi for it at the end of the game, if he did why was he not waiting outside asking him.to sign it !
As you say it will be worth a fortune.

He did mate, saw a video earlier of him getting it in the tunnel area.

Embarrassing. Imagine King or Wright standing outside the Liverpool changing room after the 7-1 waiting for Salah's autograph. We'd all be fucking raging.
Australia didn’t get absolutely humiliated at home. They gave a very respectable showing at a World Cup and narrowly lost to one of football’s international powerhouses. Messi is probably the greatest footballer ever to play the game and is nearing retirement, Salah isn’t.

Other than that the analogy is bang on.

Tinpot as %^*&, they should be on the first plane back to Paisley and focusing on no more than your next soggy Monday night of football in a St Mirren jersey. Sharing the pitch with the greatest to ever play the game in the last 16 of the biggest tournament in football is %^*& all compared to that.

I can't stand that tiktok music and voice over. Probably because my daughter is on it for hours everyday.

Nothing wrong with it at all. Don't know if I would have done it myself but FFS. Imagine these guys explaining to their grandkids that they didn't take the opportunity to ask Messi if they could get a photo with him because it was "tinpot", but here kids, let me show you my Scottish League Cup runners-up medal.

Fair play to them, a keepsake from the biggest game they will probably play in for their country

Absolute drivel. I've been in the presence of quite a few Rangers players out and about in Glasgow in my time up here and never once stopped any of them.

Also when you resort to calling folks names just because they share a different opinion to you your argument tends to lose all credibility.

I'd stop Messi mind but I'm not a professional footballer.
Sorry mum... I promise to do better.

It's not tinpot or embarrassing fs. When else is a St Mirren player ever gonna get the chance to meet the greatest footballer who's ever lived?

The players would have been better holding up a piece of cardboard asking for Messi's shirt.

Good on them, once in a life time chance for pretty much all of them. Doubt many, if any of them will ever get the chance to see him that up close again.

People saying tinpot is tinpot.

He's the greatest player to ever play the game and a once in a lifetime opportunity for a momento. Australia gave their absolute all in the tournament and had no right getting as far as they did. The players wernt exactly starstruck when it mattered.

The tadgers saying tinpot are the type who would defo annoy the likes of Kirk Broadfoot in Sainsbury's for a picture

Not really fair to bother the guy at his work.

Such a joyless bunch on here.

"They've just lost so they shouldn't do it"

Surely the point there is that the game is done? It's not like they were hanging about pre-match like awestruck kids.
They gave a good account of themselves and narrowly lost to one of international footballs big guns, with arguably the greatest player ever in their side.

Why is shaking hands and swapping jerseys after losing alright, but having a picture taken is "tinpot"?

The GOAT getting a picture with Messi

Screenshot-2022-12-04-17-58-36-431-edit-com-instagram-android.jpg

I remember getting my photos with B laudrup and Gazza
Can't do better than that in my Gers life
Aye but were you a fellow pro? It's different for fans.

To be fair I heard the aussies had to wait 10 minutes as Messi was getting a rusty trombone from Gary Lineker.

Unbelievable that anyone has a problem with it

Chances are it'll be the only time these players will be on the same pitch as the GOAT.

They gave a good account of themselves and should get to enjoy the experience of meeting him

Must a ‘Aussie’ thing. Fat Ange did the same with our GvB @ Cellinos Italian in Partick. Lol

Back