Austin FC Supporters Practing Their Singing

“Guys, let’s be honest you were shite on Saturday, second half you were all over the place and you switched off with 20 minutes to go, it’s not acceptable”

“sorry gaffer, we’ll be in for extra training on Thursday”

I’ve always spelt it practice although it seems both spellings can be correct.

I was taught in school in Scotland (before coming to Oz) that practice is the noun, practise is the verb. First part of the dictionary.com article agrees with this. It then goes on to say Americans always spell it practice. Are there any American (literate ;) ) bears on here who can confirm? I write for the US market, in (what I consider and MS Word considers to be) US English - and always use the "s" spelling (practise) when I have to use the word. :confused:

Last edited:
I was aught in school in Scotland (before coming to Oz) that practice is the noun, practise is the verb. First part of the dictionary.com article agrees with this. It then goes on to say Americans always spell it practice. Are there any American (literate ;) ) bears on here who can confirm? I write for the US market, in (what I consider and MS Word considers to be) US English - and always use the "s" spelling (practise) when I have to use the word. :confused:

Any yank I know only uses practise, not practice.

All very cute, having a little sing song and dance at the soccer.

I think I would rather be gang raped for 90mins than join in with that.

Rather be them than shout f*ck sake every time a player misplaces a pass like at Ibrox.
Maybe we could all just hold hands and sing Pharrel Williams Happy song for 90 mins instead

granted the bears can be a bit negative at times but playing for Rangers you need to have the character and balls to carry the expectation levels of the support.

every game is a cup final, for a player if you don’t have the same desire levels as the fans is it really the right club for you

Least it’s something get %^*& all at Ibrox
There was a young guy from Seattle that sat next to me for a game against Hamilton a couple of seasons ago. Aside from BF1 Ibrox was like a morgue as it often is in these games but this guy was absolutely loving staring at the Union Bears the full game. Kept repeating “Aww man, this is epic”. :))

You may snigger at these naive Sherman’s, but we could really do with something similar at Ibrox. Maybe an hour before KO, a big fcuk off metronome is wheeled onto the pitch and we can practice clapping at the same time without doing a clapping premature ejaculation every fcuking time.

You may snigger at these naive Sherman’s, but we could really do with something similar at Ibrox. Maybe an hour before KO, a big fcuk off metronome is wheeled onto the pitch and we can practice clapping at the same time without doing a clapping premature ejaculation every fcuking time.

Beat me to it. Our songs get quicker and quicker every season.

There was a young guy from Seattle that sat next to me for a game against Hamilton a couple of seasons ago. Aside from BF1 Ibrox was like a morgue as it often is in these games but this guy was absolutely loving staring at the Union Bears the full game. Kept repeating “Aww man, this is epic”. :))

Football is special because of the atmosphere. We underestimate this at our peril.

I can’t see Austin FC being around for too long. Sport in the city is all about University of Texas college sports with, for example, the American football team getting 100,00 at every home game. Austin FC will get a bunch of hipsters and some of the working class Hispanic community but that will probably not be enough to justify the franchise in a couple of years and the franchise will be sold to another city. A lot of local government funding went into this. Austin is a great place for a right good night out so visiting fans will no doubt have more fun that these “ultras”.

Back