Australian A League official thread

League winners but not the champions yet.

Top 6 teams into the play offs. Top 2 teams seeded into semis with home advantage.

A 3-0 win for Brisbane Roar over new league winners Melbourne City this morning. An example of league winners performances dipping after the celebrations

The Roar v Perth coming up, haven’t watched an Aussie game in a week.

Get the goals in.

Macarthur v Wellington.

Both sides have nothing to play for with the play off places all sealed, hopefully still a good game though.

Ex-Rangers target Tomar Hemed has 5 in 4 for Wellington.

1-0 Wellington, Hemed runs the channel and back heels it intoning the on rushing Ball who passes into the far corner.

What do you have to do to get booked in the A League? An elbow to the face that causes an injury and the ref talks it over with the VAR official and decides its nothing. :))

Peach.

Another Sydney goal and got them to pick up two bookings in the celebrations and I'll be happy :))

Crackin game this, I actually fancied Sydney here but Melbourne just gave too much quality.

I was going to ask on here what the fans with toilet seats was all about.

Then I saw the "trophy". :eek:

How the fùck did that thing get approval?
That was what everyone here thought when it was first presented - but the "dunny seat" is part of A League culture now. There'd be riots if they tried to change it! :p

Quite like to watch this when the games are live in the mornings. Granted, it's not the best standard but I like the honesty of it compared to European football. Even the smaller crowds generate a good atmosphere.

They have a conventional 33 match league where the winners are called the Premier team. The top 6 then have a play off system where the winner of that is the Champion team for that season. The top 2 then receive a bye to the semi finals of the play off with the highest ranked team being the home teams. Matches are played to sudden death. Almost as bonkers as our set up but it seems well organised.

Sydney FC would be the Rangers of the league. The most successful club, winning the normal league season 4 times and crowned overall champion 5 times.
victory bigest club and fan base. last couple of seasons ben shocking. Melb City best this year play a game much like Rangers one touch high press football really enjoyed watching them.

New season starts this weekend. Good entertainment for the weekend mornings. Coverage on BT sports.

Friday 19th

Melbourne City v Brisbane Road
BT Sport 1
08.45am

Saturday 20th

Western Sydney Wanderers v Sydney FC
BT Sport 1
08.45am

Western United v Melbourne Victory
BT Espn
0.845am

Sunday 21st

Newcastle Jets v Central Coast Mariners
BT Sport Espn
05.05am

MACarthur Fc v Wellington Phoenix
BT Sport Espn
07.15am

New season starts this weekend. Good entertainment for the weekend mornings. Coverage on BT sports.

Friday 19th

Melbourne City v Brisbane Road
BT Sport 1
08.45am

Saturday 20th

Western Sydney Wanderers v Sydney FC
BT Sport 1
08.45am

Western United v Melbourne Victory
BT Espn
0.845am

Sunday 21st

Newcastle Jets v Central Coast Mariners
BT Sport Espn
05.05am

MACarthur Fc v Wellington Phoenix
BT Sport Espn
07.15am
Superb.

Cheers mate, this will keep me busy during the morning.

Back