• None whatsoever

Votes: 1,317 60.3%
  • 15% of capacity

Votes: 269 12.3%
  • Approximately 800 in a corner

Votes: 598 27.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I went regularly in the 70s and 80s. It was mostly miserable. I think between season 70/71 and season 89/90 we won just 4 games out of 37 at their place. Got that bad at one stage I contemplated not going - and in those days tickets were easily obtained.

I think the mists of time sees us focus only on the 'good' times. We had 2-1 wins in 74/75, 80/81 and 88/89 and a 1-0 win in 89/90. Different story once you get deeper into the NIAR years of course, but numbers had started to be cut by then anyway as they began their redevelopment in circa 1994.
I get what you’re saying VB, but the score at the match has always been just one component of the experience, particularly when travelling to away grounds. I loved the atmosphere in the old Rangers end at their place…often regardless of the score. The build up, the journey there, the ups and downs of the match and the night that followed the buzz of an Old Firm game. Throw in the experiences mentioned in Post #37 and we’re talking some of my favourite football days ever. The domination of the Souness years onwards: gravy, and lots of it!!

Sadly, it sounds like things have changed irreparably and lots of younger Bears haven’t experienced the joys of a day out at “the piggery”.

Boring debate that I can't be arsed getting involved in again, I think people forget what the old firm matches are about to be honest, some kids will never experience seeing us win away at Celtic, even the Ibrox atmosphere suffers aswell.

The current set up is rotten.
I do laugh at the irony of people saying it’s selfish that fans wish to go to Parkhead but they’re unwilling to accept their stance is selfish for preventing younger fans getting a chance to go :D

People simply don't see understand that away fans is a compromise for us being the away fans for games at Parkhead.

It seems to be the case that mainly home match attending fans are happy to see limited away fans because they don't go to away matches at Parkhead themselves.

I also thought the game at Hampden blew the other two Old Firm games this season out of the water in terms of atmosphere and occasion.

European allocation in an ideal world but can’t see it being more than 700 going forward

The reason there was trouble was because they put their bhoys fan group in 118
Surely questions need to be asked of that scum club on why they done this?

Agree with everything said here. Increasing it to 2500 would as you say allow those of us who go everywhere to get a ticket. Right now trying to get a ticket with it being 800 is near mission impossible.
There is no chance 2500 would be enough for our away fans, leave it as it is

So for the 10% voting to give Celtic 15% of capacity, you’d give up the 7k season ticket holders that pay the club £2.5m+ in income each year just to give that lot more tickets at Ibrox?

I get what you’re saying VB, but the score at the match has always been just one component of the experience, particularly when travelling to away grounds. I loved the atmosphere in the old Rangers end at their place…often regardless of the score. The build up, the journey there, the ups and downs of the match and the night that followed the buzz of an Old Firm game. Throw in the experiences mentioned in Post #37 and we’re talking some of my favourite football days ever. The domination of the Souness years onwards: gravy, and lots of it!!

Sadly, it sounds like things have changed irreparably and lots of younger Bears haven’t experienced the joys of a day out at “the piggery”.
Maybe for the odd draw we managed, but there were times when we went there beaten before we set foot on the pitch. And not always to good Dhimmy teams. A win was great, even if it was in the bloody Glasgow Cup FFS.

For better or worse, I was never in the 'glorious defeat' camp. Winning was, and always should be, what its all about. A good sing-song is no consolation when you are getting humped.

People simply don't see understand that away fans is a compromise for us being the away fans for games at Parkhead.

It seems to be the case that mainly home match attending fans are happy to see limited away fans because they don't go to away matches at Parkhead themselves.

I also thought the game at Hampden blew the other two Old Firm games this season out of the water in terms of atmosphere and occasion.
Are you saying people don't understand that fans who want more Celtic fans in Ibrox are too stupid to know the reason why?
There should be no compromise with a Club that refuses to use our name on their official Twitter feed
Never Forget, Never Forgive

Some of the views on this thread are laughable. A compromise of 2500 could be met, and then you keep a majority happy I would say.
And just which of our loyal fans should give up their seats to accommodate that bunch of low life?

I would hazard a guess at those who think increasing The current away allocation do not sit in the family section or near the corners and therfore would not be called on to give up their seats in our stadium.

Maybe for the odd draw we managed, but there were times when we went there beaten before we set foot on the pitch. And not always to good Dhimmy teams. A win was great, even if it was in the bloody Glasgow Cup FFS.

For better or worse, I was never in the 'glorious defeat' camp. Winning was, and always should be, what its all about. A good sing-song is no consolation when you are getting humped.
I think we went 13 League games before we got a victory

I do laugh at the irony of people saying it’s selfish that fans wish to go to Parkhead but they’re unwilling to accept their stance is selfish for preventing younger fans getting a chance to go :D

Ive been to the piggery 3 times and the one win i witnessed was the 4-2 pedro mendes game.

Was absolutely glorious. The erruption of joy and noise when he made it 3-1 (that was the moment you knew we were winning the game) was amazing.

Still get goosebumps when i watch it on youtube.

Smashing the mentally challengeds in their own backyard?

Cannae whack it.

Planting my arse firmly on the fence i do see both sides of the argument partcularly in the face of their behavour however.

Love how some on this thread think Rangers fans are angels :).

Voting nothing is pathetic.

Reactions: d72
Boring debate that I can't be arsed getting involved in again, I think people forget what the old firm matches are about to be honest, some kids will never experience seeing us win away at Celtic, even the Ibrox atmosphere suffers aswell.

The current set up is rotten.
Not in my opinion and loads of others, just accept the way it is and I hope it is always that way, with the exception of giving them no tickets at all

Not a fan of glorious defeat either, but as a football fan you have to have your Craig Patersons so that you fully appreciate your Laudrups, Goughs and Butchers. Winning was great at Parkhead but I have to admit I loved that away game more than any other in the season just for the whole day experience.

(Incidentally thanks for your sterling RTV work over the last couple of years - probably wouldn’t have seen any games, home or away, without your “mug’s guide”: invaluable)

Not in my opinion and loads of others, just accept the way it is and I hope it is always that way, with the exception of giving them no tickets at all
Thats fine we have different opinions, but the old firm for me as a kid growing up was about the atmosphere etc. It's absolutely nothing like what it was years ago, it's a unique Derby, one of the very few proper Derby matches that are left in Europe that haven't been ruined by tourist pish and friendlies abroad (lol)

Both sets of fans being total bed wetters have ruined it.

So why aren't you constantly going on about all the fixtures away from home
When killie cut our allocation I slaughtered them. St Mirren poised to do the same next season

I’ve criticised hearts and Hibs for changing our allocation during a season because they’re performing well then give us full allocation when they’re shit

Thats fine we have different opinions, but the old firm for me as a kid growing up was about the atmosphere etc. It's absolutely nothing like what it was years ago, it's a unique Derby, one of the very few proper Derby matches that are left in Europe that haven't been ruined by tourist pish and friendlies abroad (lol)

I'm no bedwetter but would be happy if they were never allowed in Ibrox again

If a survey was done of actual season ticket holders I think the discrepancy in voting between age groups would be pretty clear.
As would mygers points being used as an indicator

Then those who do euro aways

Then those that buy everything going

When killie cut our allocation I slaughtered them. St Mirren poised to do the same next season

I’ve criticised hearts and Hibs for changing our allocation during a season because they’re performing well then give us full allocation when they’re shit
But constantly going on about not being able to give Celtic any of your money
Best decision our Board have made

But constantly going on about not being able to give Celtic any of your money
Best decision our Board have made
Celtic allocation cut was a direct result of us cutting theirs, other teams wasn’t

I criticise clubs cutting allocations too. Celtic is the game everyone wants, I’d be a liar if I denied it

Difference is I do the rest of them too, others in the rangers end yesterday would struggle to say the same

As would mygers points being used as an indicator

Then those who do euro aways

Then those that buy everything going
Why should Euro-away games come into it, I don't go to European-away games but put my money into myGers, surely people like me who subscribe to My Gers plus have a Season Ticket should get the opportunity to buy away tickets if they desire and should get the choice before the away Euro fans?

Celtic allocation cut was a direct result of us cutting theirs, other teams wasn’t

I criticise clubs cutting allocations too. Celtic is the game everyone wants, I’d be a liar if I denied it

Difference is I do the rest of them too, others in the rangers end yesterday would struggle to say the same
How do you manage to get tickets for all the away games?

Celtic cut our allocation in the eighties and then again in the nineties

Why should Euro-away games come into it, I don't go to European-away games but put my money into myGers, surely people like me who subscribe to My Gers plus have a Season Ticket should get the opportunity to buy away tickets if they desire and should get the choice before the away Euro fans?
Not what he is saying.

Maybe they should give you their Parkhead ticket as you take all the other ones of them
In an ideal world they would but people would change plans if they got a ticket for Celtic away

Just the way the world works. It’s amazing how people can’t make st J/Dundee etc but if we were playing Celtic that same weekend they’d change plans to go

I hate to tell you this but these Club's couldn't give a toss what you or I think

My excitement at being allowed to my first old firm game had nothing to do with how many Celtic fans there were in the stadium. It was about us beating our biggest rivals and the atmosphere that came with it from fellow Rangers fans.

The current setup allows more Rangers fans to witness games. It also provides the club with literal millions extra revenue each year from season ticket sales.

Having fewer fans experience the game and restricting revenue for the club so that a minority of fans can go to Parkhead where we (the club) don't benefit financially from the extra ticket sales there seems a bit backwards imo.

In an ideal world they would but people would change plans if they got a ticket for Celtic away

Just the way the world works. It’s amazing how people can’t make st J/Dundee etc but if we were playing Celtic that same weekend they’d change plans to go
Can you not guarantee a ticket from these companies that do the day trips?

Are you saying people don't understand that fans who want more Celtic fans in Ibrox are too stupid to know the reason why?
There should be no compromise with a Club that refuses to use our name on their official Twitter feed
Never Forget, Never Forgive

No, I'm saying that people who don't want away fans in Ibrox rarely think about the consequences of this on a loyal, dedicated away support who have sold out every allocation given to them for God knows how long. Those that do seem to think that same away support should just meekly accept the newish set-up.

I dont know. I'm just used to football having a violent edge to it. To be honest, it was always part of the deal for me.
I recognise your post was "in the wee hours" whilst mine is in the
cold light of day but spoiler alert.... The Roman Empire with its Gladiators
and the Coliseum all lost mate, it's all gone.

800 is more than enough.

Unless we get a prime section of their ground like they would at ours, then I don’t want more than 800.

They are spewing that they don’t get the whole Broomloan now.
When I first started attending OF games in the early 80s I was appalled that we gave them the whole Broomloan. How many does it hold now?

I'd prefer they get zero. But I could stomach 6-700 in the wee corner.

No, I'm saying that people who don't want away fans in Ibrox rarely think about the consequences of this on a loyal, dedicated away support who have sold out every allocation given to them for God knows how long. Those that do seem to think that same away support should just meekly accept the newish set-up.
I want our loyal fans that attend Ibrox to have as much availability for tickets open to them as possible

Fans who for whatever reasons do not have an ST, and there are plenty of reasons, our fans that travel from abroad and the UK based fans that can only manage about 4 games a season

These fans to me are a million times more important than giving any away league opponents more tickets

I want our loyal fans that attend Ibrox to have as much availability for tickets open to them as possible

Fans who for whatever reasons do not have an ST, and there are plenty of reasons, our fans that travel from abroad and the UK based fans that can only manage about 4 games a season

These fans to me are a million times more important than giving any away league opponents more tickets

And that's all very well and good, but it's telling that you haven't mentioned the away fans once in this post. You would have just as well said, "These fans are to me a million times more important than giving any of our away support more tickets."

This is ultimately the issue in this debate - a group of fans are losing out somewhere, no matter how it's phrased. I'd actually appreciate it a lot more if people just came out and said outright - this group are losing out, which is what you're suggesting.

Back