Away fans at Leeds vs Norwich last night

hands_across_the_sea

Noticed last night that the Norwich fans were on the top tier above Leeds last night!

I know it’s been discussed many times but this just shows that putting all away fans in the club deck corner out of the road would be achievable. So what if the away fans need to be in an hour before KO. I know it’s never going to change now but it angers me at times when the board just got lazy and didn’t go down different avenues on where away fans could go. It could have easily been done for club deck.

Noticed last night that the Norwich fans were on the top tier above Leeds last night!

I know it’s been discussed many times but this just shows that putting all away fans in the club deck corner out of the road would be achievable. So what if the away fans need to be in an hour before KO. I know it’s never going to change now but it angers me at times when the board just got lazy and didn’t go down different avenues on where away fans could go. It could have easily been done for club deck.
The board trialled it last season during a game, Livi if I recall.

Not sure I'd be keen on Aberdeen and Celtic fans being directly above me mind. I'd just give them BF1 now the Union Bears are moving and for the really small supports just move the segregation banner even further along so they only get half of that section (or even less). Also means away fans aren't really visible on TV.

Easy to do with a small number - I was moved for Livingston game that was trialed and even then I still have been in my own seat

But putting 2500 of them up isn't

Must work at Leeds and they get visited by the likes of Millwall and Cardiff?

Did they not keep the lower section empty against those 2? There's been a few games this season at Elland Road where the lower tier has been left empty and wouldn't be surprised if it was against those 2, well Millwall anyway. Cardiff seem to have calmed down a lot over the years.

I remember going to a game against Porto back in the 80’s and the few fans they brought were in the front of the main stand even those guys were dropping/ throwing stuff into the enclosure, smelled like piss some of it. So I wouldn’t trust fans of certain Scottish clubs to behave in a similar situation.

No, thank you.

Did they not keep the lower section empty against those 2? There's been a few games this season at Elland Road where the lower tier has been left empty and wouldn't be surprised if it was against those 2, well Millwall anyway. Cardiff seem to have calmed down a lot over the years.
No idea I was just taking the OP at face value :))

Below is Livingston

You will be moving a lot more fans out of the Club Deck to accommodate the larger away supports

GFcN61IWEAAHiwD

Not sure I'd be keen on Aberdeen and Celtic fans being directly above me mind. I'd just give them BF1 now the Union Bears are moving and for the really small supports just move the segregation banner even further along so they only get half of that section (or even less). Also means away fans aren't really visible on TV.

I'm sure away fans used to be above us at some point as I remember being at a Rangers game many moons ago and the Aberdeen fans were in the tier above us, I remember it as I got hit by a pie launch from the Aberdeen fans

Must work at Leeds and they get visited by the likes of Millwall and Cardiff?
Leeds stadium footprint means on matchday you cant really walk round the whole stadium so its easy to segregate opposing fans

not sure how it works when they have both fans in same section/area of mainstand

Is netting or even perspex glass allowed in UK grounds for housing away fans?

Because to my knowledge no ground has it

I know there is fencing
Netting is definitely allowed, there’s netting above the away section at Sheffield United and at the corner of the Everton away section closest to the stand behind the goal

Don’t think Perspex is allowed

Can’t see how this would work for Aberdeen, Hibs, etc fans - they would need to share the stairwell up to CD. Can’t imagine Poileas Alba would allow it.

Can’t see how this would work for Aberdeen, Hibs, etc fans - they would need to share the stairwell up to CD. Can’t imagine Poileas Alba would allow it.
There are 4 stairwells, 2 in each tower, so they'd be given 1.

Not that I think it'll happen anyway but it would be feasible from that angle.

This is always the point people don't consider when posting about this. Totally unworkable with having to share the same stairs and facilities.

There are 4 stairwells, 2 in each tower, so they'd be given 1.

Not that I think it'll happen anyway but it would be feasible from that angle.
Two stairwells in each side right next to each other. Not as simple mate as just being given one.

Leeds stadium footprint means on matchday you cant really walk round the whole stadium so its easy to segregate opposing fans

not sure how it works when they have both fans in same section/area of mainstand
I’m sure in the very early days of me having my ST (MRB) there was scum fans at the other end of the Main Stand? Early 90s?

How would you get along the concourse to the stairwell without coming into contact with opposition fans?
You wouldn't be able to. As I said originally I don't think it'll ever happen, I was merely pointing out the existence of 2 stairwells each end because a lot of people think there's only 1 per tower.

The scum used to get a section of the main stand, west enclosure, broomloan and on occasions part of the govan

We used to get part of their main stand as well

Turnstile access is a separate issue yes but there are 2 entirely separated stairwells inside each tower.
Is one not for hospitality?

At the Copland End one of the separate stairwells is for the Cube Glass Lounge and it goes up to the Players Lounge eventually too.

I’m not sure if there’s actual access to the Club Deck. I could be wrong.

Away fans used to be housed where the ub are in the Broomloan
and there was never an issue getting them to or from buses. I started a threat on relocating away fans to BF1 a while ago, thus freeing up the corner for bears. Not only does it look far better on the TV, it means you only need one line of segregation rather than the 2 at present, which usually means hundreds of seats lying empty needlessly, to accomodate sometimes as little as 150 away fans. Giving the micks the Euro allocation at the opposite end of the Broomloan (BF1/2 BR1/2) would also been far better in my opinion.

Put the away fans in BR1 and cover the first 5 rows with a sheet and put a net up to stop then chucking things to the fans in BF1. Works in Europe, so no reason why we can't adopt something similar. This nonsense about giving away fans some of the best seats in the house has to end. It's too soft from the club, a bit like our squad tbh.

Better take your hard hat with you.

The police wouldn't allow it. Stuff would get thrown on the away fans from above.

Norwich only got the upper stand as they didnt sell out apparently. Normally away fans would be in both lower and upper there.

We absolutely 'could' do it especially with the smaller teams
%^*& it I'd even say why not the likes of Aberdeen etc, give them one chance and if they %^*& it up then they get banned

The only time I've witnessed it at Ibrox, was v Hearts in Nov 87 (Ray Wilkins debut) and I was disgusted.

Why would you ever subject your own fans to being spat on and missiles thrown down on them?

Utter lunacy.

Norwich only got the upper stand as they didnt sell out apparently. Normally away fans would be in both lower and upper there.

We absolutely 'could' do it especially with the smaller teams
%^*& it I'd even say why not the likes of Aberdeen etc, give them one chance and if they %^*& it up then they get banned

And in that one chance you could be sitting with a grandchild and he get's whacked on the head with a missile because you want to give the opposition fans one chance?

Even by FF standards, your proposal is preposterous.

Ibrox is for our fans and safety first and foremost. Not to be targets.

I’d have to move again to accommodate them. As would everyone I go with in the Club Deck. Been there for years. But hey, let’s ignore your fellow supporters.

No thanks.

I've not been to an el classico yet but I'm fairly sure the away fans are directly above the home support. Was also definitely the case for the recent CL semi final for the bayern section in Madrid. I'm sure it's technically possible at Ibrox but the polis would just veto it.

Back