Ayr United v Falkirk Premier Sports Cup - Ayr United awarded 3-0 win

rangeral

The SPFL Board has awarded a 3-0 win to Ayr United in Saturday’s Premier Sports Cup Group E tie against Falkirk, after Falkirk informed the SPFL that they will not fulfil the fixture.

Falkirk informed the SPFL that, due to a number of players have tested positive for Covid-19, and others self-isolating, they do not have sufficient players available to fulfil the fixture.

An SPFL spokesman said: “Consistent with previous announcements in respect of similar issues in the group stage of this competition, any club unable or unwilling to field a team in a Premier Sports Cup Round 1 group stage tie, will forfeit the match on the basis of a 3-0 defeat. Accordingly, Ayr United have been awarded a 3-0 win in the tie.

“We wish the affected players at Falkirk well in their recovery and will continue to liaise with the club in the coming days.”

This covid is still causing serious hassle. Wonder how long this will continue for if clubs can’t fulfil fixtures

This covid is still causing serious hassle. Wonder how long this will continue for if clubs can’t fulfil fixtures
They need to stop the self-isolation protocols for close contacts in football since they can easily get tested frequently. I believe the SFA have put forward such a proposal.

I can see this hitting virtually every team, some more than once, in the next couple of months.

I find stuff like this a little ridiculous.

How many are actually not available? Is the club really unable to provide 11 players and a few substitutes via their full playing roster?

If they havent planned well enough to have such a squad maybe the punishment for being a backwater and discrediting the competition(s) should carry a far heavier penalty?

Back