Back Gerrard, back the team and hope the board delivers in January.

Fitba Juice

The next transfer window will, imo, decide where the league trophy ends up in May.
I think Gerrard knows where we need to strengthen and hope he gets the backing in the transfer window. It has been a tough week, in the month we all knew was crucial for our title hopes and has shown up positions where we need to improve.
Gerrard is 100% the man to take us forward so let's hope he gets the backing he requires and until then get the current squad over the half way line.
We can do this.

At the end of the day Gerrard has had ONE transfer window, so I agree with your title.

He is here for the long haul and I am confident in him. A couple in come January and a few more in the summer with a few departees.
Any signing's that we bring in, have to be of a far better quality of what we have at present.

We need more players. We need better players. I do have concerns about the players wee could bring in - if indeed any.

The board have backed him with far more than any other manager bar one let’s not make this a board problem he’s been given supermarket money and is struggling against corner shops.

I back him to the hilt but like I say in difficult circumstances our board have stepped up big time at great cost to themselves

The board have Backed Caixhina, to an extent Murty and Gerrard.

Of Gerrards signings, Lafferty, Ejaria, Flanagan, Grezda at a considerable outlay, Worrall have all so far been nowhere near good enough.

I would say its a big transfer window for Gerrard, not the board, as so far his signings have been more miss than hit.

McGregor and Kent are the only two we can safely say have made a big difference, and Goldson because lets face it, well he was replacing Martin, Wilson and Bates.

Only part of the team that doesn’t need strengthening is the goalkeeper.The defense and midfield is woefully short of what we need to win the title.

I actually think the second part of the season will be much easier, having 3 games a week for the last 5 months is killing us. We don’t have the strength in depth or the quality in depth to win games when we are not at our best

We need to strengthen again in January and again look to move on some that don’t have the mentality. Fortunately the majority of our worst players are the ones brought in on loan

More loaness! just what the doctor ordered. Next summers window will when the team really takes shape when we can buy our own players. You very seldom get quality in the winter windows so expect the roller coaster to continue, i am.

Beyond the likes of Davis and Solanke on loan - a best case scenario I think - that’ll be the extent of the board’s backing, IMO.

We should be prepared for 55 not happening this season.

It was always a big ask anyway.

But the experience this group of players will hopefully have garnered in that time could be invaluable for next season.

The next transfer window will, imo, decide where the league trophy ends up in May.
I think Gerrard knows where we need to strengthen and hope he gets the backing in the transfer window. It has been a tough week, in the month we all knew was crucial for our title hopes and has shown up positions where we need to improve.
Gerrard is 100% the man to take us forward so let's hope he gets the backing he requires and until then get the current squad over the half way line.
We can do this.
the league trophy will remain in the east end unfortunately ,the players are simply not enough to win games week in week out required to win the league ,Wednesday night and today were woeful ,2 hours of football against 10 men with no goals scored from out field play
Steven Gerrard needs to decide on his first choice 11 and stick close to it

Said it a few weeks ago and will say it again. Get the loan players (other than Kent) back to their clubs in January if we can and play Arfield McCrorie and Jack in midfield with Candy on the right and either Halliday or Kent on the left and give us a solid midfield that can tackle and have a go at goal. We need to sign a new centre back who commands our area. Borna would be OK at left back and could combine with Kent or Middleton if Kent does not sign for us.
Loan players have hardly ever worked for us recently.
Lafferty was not the worst today and if not for a cheating linesman we would have won with his goal. Play Rangers signed players and other than maybe one decent one forget the rest.

Of Gerrards signings, Lafferty, Ejaria, Flanagan, Grezda at a considerable outlay, Worrall have all so far been nowhere near good enough.

I would say its a big transfer window for Gerrard, not the board, as so far his signings have been more miss than hit.

McGregor and Kent are the only two we can safely say have made a big difference, and Goldson because lets face it, well he was replacing Martin, Wilson and Bates.
If you aid this a month ago you would be laughed at and all it will take is a couple good performances and it'll turn into what would it take to sign Ejaria/Coulibaly/Kent again

No more 20 year old loan signings, we need experienced players and i know they cost money but loan signings are getting us nowhere.

Gerrard knows the league a lot better now and hopefully that will lead to better decisions on what players we recruit.

Some players settle in immediately, some take a bit of time.

Our loans on the whole have disappointed and would not welcome anymore inexperienced one's in January. Grezda, at a reported £2m, has been poor. Goldson at the start looked a steal at £3.5m but has been less that solid recently. Katic is one for the future and Barasic has been out for last ten weeks. Our two Bosmans fronm English footbsll have been poitive - Arfield although not a sexy signing, brings experience, movement and a goal threat to our midfield whilst Shagger at this moment is a shoe-in for Player of the Season.

Any signing's that we bring in, have to be of a far better quality of what we have at present.

A far better quality than Arfield? I do agree with you but we just need to be smart. I agree with Gerrard when he says the right mentality... So many of our signings the last 3 seasons have not been able to handle playing for Rangers and that is the main thing.

Loanees are just a stop gap. We need to start buying our own players so they can adjust to the system the Gaffer wants to play. The pro lem with loanees is when they leave and replaced the whole cycle of bedding in and knowi g the system starts all over again and we do not really progress.

I th
We can do this.

I think we very much need to bring in players who are going to be better than what we currently have just to stay in touch with celtic - never mind winning the league!

Rodgers, in all likelihood, will seek to strengthen his own side for the run-in in order to make sure they win 'ten-in-a-row'. IMO Gerrard cannot prevent from happening this with the squad he has just now. If he has any hope of doing so he will need to get extremely lucky in the upcoming transfer window and identify 2 or 3 really good quality players who can fix the problem areas and make an immediate contribution to the team.

I actually think the second part of the season will be much easier, having 3 games a week for the last 5 months is killing us. We don’t have the strength in depth or the quality in depth to win games when we are not at our best

We need to strengthen again in January and again look to move on some that don’t have the mentality. Fortunately the majority of our worst players are the ones brought in on loan

That’s actually a very good point, although will help Septic too. Being realistic that neither will go much further even if one of the teams get through group stage...

100% behind our manager.this was never going to be a quick fix.we need to give him time .atbthe end of the day this Ian,t a season fix.have some some faith I,m sure our manager will get us there.

Kent barely scores and his assists aren’t much better, he is no better than our other wide players who don’t create or score much either.

Kent is a bang average winger with no real edge to his game.

I agree, we need to back him. We need to give him money to spend in the window. We should organise a share issue pronto and raise £50m for the #55 fund.

We are not winning the league this season troops lets be honest.
Perhaps not but we should be doing far better than we are - let’s not forget the tims were stinking start of the season. We’ve had one point from two games we should have won at a canter and could easily have gone in against them at turn of year top of the league no matter what the result of the game which would be huge.

Whatever way you look at it these last two games have been disasters and there’s a worrying pattern developing

Perhaps not but we should be doing far better than we are - let’s not forget the tims were stinking start of the season. We’ve had one point from two games we should have won at a canter and could easily have gone in against them at turn of year top of the league no matter what the result of the game which would be huge.

Whatever way you look at it these last two games have been disasters and there’s a worrying pattern developing
I didn’t think it was realistic to win the league this season but I was hoping we could really have a right good go and give that mob a wee fright. To do that we really need to improve big time

One thing I will say is this.. the tims went there and put 5 past them. Not because they are that much better, but for one reason or another we are still the big scalp. They are going for 10 i a r and rangers are still the team eveyone wants to beat. It is what we are up against. But we shall never hide from it.

No more 20 year old loan signings, we need experienced players and i know they cost money but loan signings are getting us nowhere.

Gerrard knows the league a lot better now and hopefully that will lead to better decisions on what players we recruit.
Agree here. Too many inexperienced players. Need players late 20s early 30s with a bit of experience

It is very very important and vital that there are no more performances like the recent for the rest of the year, if this continues there might be more empty seats than selic fans.

Would everyone be happy with getting back Davis and a fit Naismith - both know what it takes to win big matches for Rangers?

Said it a few weeks ago and will say it again. Get the loan players (other than Kent) back to their clubs in January if we can and play Arfield McCrorie and Jack in midfield with Candy on the right and either Halliday or Kent on the left and give us a solid midfield that can tackle and have a go at goal. We need to sign a new centre back who commands our area. Borna would be OK at left back and could combine with Kent or Middleton if Kent does not sign for us.
Loan players have hardly ever worked for us recently.
Lafferty was not the worst today and if not for a cheating linesman we would have won with his goal. Play Rangers signed players and other than maybe one decent one forget the rest.
Halliday on the left???sorry to say let’s nro get carried away he has done a job and is a squad player but we won’t win the league with halliday as our first choice player.
Also same applies for lafferty he is just a back up player really

A far better quality than Arfield? I do agree with you but we just need to be smart. I agree with Gerrard when he says the right mentality... So many of our signings the last 3 seasons have not been able to handle playing for Rangers and that is the main thing.

A good few of the players he has signed this season clearly don’t have the mentality required.

I'm exited about the future, because there is no way our manager doesn't have an idea who he can depend on, and who will be out of the club when the time comes. If we can see the midfield lacks invention and drive then he must see it even more; we do not have the players there in particular to do much at a consistent level and Gerrard will not have to be told by anyone about that being the case. Given time he will make us better.

We can do this.

Sadly.. I think Jan will be too late.

Firstly January won’t make any difference. There is no way we are getting through the rest of December without another” bump in the road”. Secondly look at our accounts....we .....have...very ....little ....money. It seems that some fans cannot grasp this basic fact.

Firstly January won’t make any difference. There is no way we are getting through the rest of December without another” bump in the road”. Secondly look at our accounts....we .....have...very ....little ....money. It seems that some fans cannot grasp this basic fact.

There's been a good bit of investment and more will come. Will be too late in Jan though. This isn't championship form.

There's been a good bit of investment and more will come. Will be too late in Jan though. This isn't championship form.
It’s been decent at spl level but in relation to them it’s chicken feed. How many loans do they play week in week out. We will NEVER win the league relying on average loan players. We also have too many that are trying to rehabilitate their careers. So ejaria, Flanagan, coulibally, Sadiq, Worral, Goldson, grezda, the return of Halliday , they all fall into that category. Not to mention rossiter being a luxury few teams could afford, Dorrans looks done. Pena is coming back :eek: And you know what we cannot keep throwing money at players who are not even a stick on to get us second place and can’t get to a cup final.

Back