Bacuna set to join Birmingham

One of the weirdest signings I can remember.

He's like the 2022 Fabrice Fernandes or something. In that he actually looked quite okay, but you could also tell he was never a proper Rangers player in a million years.

Gio will have good intel on him too; you can see he just didn't fancy him. The boy did strike me as a bit of a bell tbh.

What a load of crap. No way a championship club can't afford the same wages we do. Unwilling, maybe. Unable, definitely not.
Birmingham have two stands closed just now as needing loads of work. I’d not be surprised if they don’t have a big budget

Been clear for a while he’s not got the ability or attitude required.

Glad we are being harsh in our decision making, too many not contributing even the bare minimum.
There’s definitely ability there but attitude is wanting. Blows too hot and cold

One of the weirdest signings I can remember.

He's like the 2022 Fabrice Fernandes or something. In that he actually looked quite okay, but you could also tell he was never a proper Rangers player in a million years.

Gio will have good intel on him too; you can see he just didn't fancy him. The boy did strike me as a bit of a bell tbh.
I read earlier that during our 3IAR due to budgets being tightened we pretty much eventually started relying on bringing in youth players like Ness, Wylde, Fleck, Wilson and maybe one or two others I'm forgetting. While Bacuna has shown glimpses, coming in from the English leagues he'll be expecting a lot more money than any youth player who might not ultimately be good enough long-term but who can bring a roughly similar contribution. Maybe Van Bronckhorst rates Lowry as being potentially capable of bringing more to our team than him and it's a financial no brainer.

Good luck to him, he wasn’t what we needed and it’s better to part ways quickly than keep
Players on the books that aren’t going to feature.

What a load of crap. No way a championship club can't afford the same wages we do. Unwilling, maybe. Unable, definitely not.

Have you seen the squads in the championship? Some real dross. Look who Boro’s number 9 is. Look at QPR’s side - Dom Ball plays ffs. Huddersfield’s team is so so bad. And Colin Kazim-Richards scores most weeks.

Post covid, it is an awful standard. Most clubs have really had to cut their cloth. So much so, 8 clubs signed a petition to get a wage cap of £18m (most clubs can’t afford this level and couldn’t even sign it because they wanted it even less - Hudds, Luton, Coventry, Preston, Blackpool, Derby, Peterborough, Millwall etc). That’s half of what we spend.

Reactions: TQ3
Bit surprised at this tbh. I think there’s a player in there.

Given the fact that he and Gio are Dutch, can only think that Gio really didn’t fancy him.

Must now mean Lowry has worked himself into the team, or we’ve got a player or 2 incoming.

Fee wise, disappointed if we’ve not made a profit.

Bit surprised at this tbh. I think there’s a player in there.

Given the fact that he and Gio are Dutch, can only think that Gio really didn’t fancy him.

Must now mean Lowry has worked himself into the team, or we’ve got a player or 2 incoming.

Fee wise, disappointed if we’ve not made a profit.
Seems 400k was the deal , sorry but I didn’t see anything other than a squad player at best , strange singing imo

400k is what we have made at the end . We got him for a free with crazy add ons so most of the fee had mostly went to Huddersfield. Still decent trading for a few months squad cover.

Seems 400k was the deal , sorry but I didn’t see anything other than a squad player at best , strange singing imo
If I had to take a guess at the circumstances behind his signing, we were being heavily linked to Veerman. The loss to Malmo banjoed that, the budget went out the window and a “Plan B” or even potentially lower was to take a punt on a relatively lower risk target instead.

It didn’t work out, so thanks and good luck.

Back