Bale officially leaves Real Madrid

SSN reporting he might retire completely if Wales do not qualify for the WC.

32 years old, would be some waste.
I’d retire from football if I had already made £280 million and that’s just the last 9 years at Real Madrid - add in Spurs and Southampton earnings must take him over £350 million
I’d need to find something else to get into.
Buy something he loves, that’ll be a golf course I’d think

I’d retire from football if I had already made £280 million and that’s just the last 9 years at Real Madrid - add in Spurs and Southampton earnings must take him over £350 million
I’d need to find something else to get into.
Buy something he loves, that’ll be a golf course I’d think
He wont have anything like 350m. Half that gone in tax, then agents fees etc, cost of his no doubt extravagant lifestyle etc. He will be absolutely loaded though and id still retire

According to Wiki, he's played 176 games and scored 81 goals in 9 seasons at Madrid, so on average ~ 20 games and 9 goals per season,

With a salary of 30M pa, he was paid roughly 1,5M Euros per game, or 3,33M Euros per goal.

Good work if you can get it, although I'm not sure Madrid would consider that great value?
Played 258 games for Madrid, 106 goals.
19 titles.

Madrid can think whatever they like, they bought him and they offered him the wages.

They can dry their eyes on Hazards wage slips for the next 2 seasons.

According to Wiki, he's played 176 games and scored 81 goals in 9 seasons at Madrid, so on average ~ 20 games and 9 goals per season,

With a salary of 30M pa, he was paid roughly 1,5M Euros per game, or 3,33M Euros per goal.

Good work if you can get it, although I'm not sure Madrid would consider that great value?
258 games, 106 goals and 67 assists. 19 trophies and some massive moments in his time at the club.

He’s got a tremendous medal haul but he’s also spent a fair portion of his time at Madrid either playing like a donkey (contrary to what casual fans believe he has had spells where he’s struggled), or not playing at all, and a fair portion of it being loathed by both management and fans. Hardly surprising that a lot of people feel it could have been better. For the simple fact that you’d expect a signing of his magnitude not to end up in a position where the club are delighted to see the back of him.

I mean he’s just picked up another CL medal, and another league winners medal, but he’s contributed bugger all really.

He wont have anything like 350m. Half that gone in tax, then agents fees etc, cost of his no doubt extravagant lifestyle etc. He will be absolutely loaded though and id still retire

Add in Bonuses and Sponsorship deals etc and will that will have made up for the money lost in taxes and so on

Add in Bonuses and Sponsorship deals etc and will that will have made up for the money lost in taxes and so on
He wont have. Much of his wages will include sponsorship endorsements etc. He is estimated to have a net worth of $150m, so about £110m. Less than a 3rd of the money suggested on here.

Guy is a fud. He refused to play in an el classico against Barcelona because Wales were playing that week and he didn't want to get injured.
Imagine it was one of our players who refused to play against that lot because he wanted to play for Wales a few days later.

Guy is a fud. He refused to play in an el classico against Barcelona because Wales were playing that week and he didn't want to get injured.
Imagine it was one of our players who refused to play against that lot because he wanted to play for Wales a few days later.

I struggle with him, he seems like a guy who has wasted his talent.

An odd comment from me due to the number of trophies won and money made - I get that!

Noted lads, sorry I must've got the wrong info off Wiki.
Still think he sold the Madrid fans a bit short, I'm not sure what their opinion of him is?

The first 5/6 years of his time at Madrid he was pretty much instrumental in more than a few finals (scoring the greatest ever goal in a CL final, it is better than Zidanes volley I dont care what anyone says). Injury prone no doubt but when fit he CR7 and Benzema were brilliant together.

Got a lot of stick in his final few years but now it's over I think the Madrid fans realise the legacy he leaves behind, its no coincidence Madrid searched for 'La Decima' for close to a decade and as soon as Bale, CR7 and Benzema linked up it was provided. Not only that but 3 CL titles in a row!

He'll go down as a Madrid legend and when it comes to the 'money' issue its not his fault Madrid put a 600k a week contract in front of him to sign, that's Madrids fault. Perhaps the fans should aim some of their anger towards the board who have steered Madrid to over a billion euros in debt.

Back