Balogun

Doubt he will play even if cleared. Bassey will be enough for this one we will probably have a lot of the ball and come under little pressure at the back.

Where’s the poster who is always bang on the money re: Goldson availability? Does he know about LB too?

Is Simpson not a better option than Bassey?

This thread is about to take an interesting turn

giphy.gif

Yes. It will be Simpson if Balogun is out. Anyone saying otherwise watches football with their eyes closed.

With Simpson not even making the bench in recent league games, I'm not sure he's fit. I haven't watched the training video though.

Is Simpson not a better option than Bassey?
Not sure he is. Bassey is athletic and Pacy.
Yes he will make errors, but he is likely to atone for them more so than Jack Simpson.
He also gives us the option of pressing forward and was nearly responsible for providing a goal for Fashion on Thursday

Assuming Balogun is out for a wee while then if fit, I’d go with Simpson domestically. We’ve no real option but to go with Bassey in Europe though. So maybe that raises the question of whether it’s best to give him time in that position in the build-up to Brondby if it looks like we will need him there. If Balogun is going to be back for Brondby I’d go with Simpson domestically though.

Be shocked. I do think Bassey might fair better next to CG rather than him though

He’s having a solid season, incredible signing for us really, fan of his work

I’d go Simpson over Bassey at CH if Balogun doesn’t make it.

Simpson is nowhere near as bad as made out on here.
I completely forgot he was even an option, agree better option than Bassey at CB.

Both have a game changing error in them though, not really saying much though after Bornas mental pass back the other night.

Risking Balogun being out for weeks if the injury is aggravated would be madness at this stage.

I am no fan of Simpson and Bassey is far more comfortable as a full back but should be able to give Balogun more recovery when it is St Mirren we are up against. Midfield being conscious to offer more protection to the left.

Bassey might be better beside goldson, he looked lost in Prague at times and looked like he couldn’t head the ball…

We really need to trust our back up players I'm circumstances like this, don't throw in players put of position just to fill a slot when we have a player fully groomed for that role

Back