Barasic

He will be away in the summer. He looks as if he couldn’t care less if we win or lose & is trying to avoid getting injured before his next move.

The interview recently where he declared he wouldn’t be playing on artificial surfaces this season also bothered me - it was as if he had made the decision, not the club.

Did he put in a single tackle tonight?

He makes Windass look like Richard the Lionheart.

He was getting slaughtered by Goldson on a number of occasions. His head immediately went down.

He's went backwards. Halliday for me now u til the end of the season.

Don’t see it with Borna. Halliday is miles ahead of him which speaks volumes.

Would have Halliday, Wallace and even DJ over both Barisic and Flanagan at this rate.

I accept that David. But the point people were discussing was Andy v Borna.
Yeah I take your point but what I am trying to say is that Halliday is showing up better as an auxiliary full back than Barisic. That rings alarm bells with me for a guy we paid 1.5m for who has somehow got into the Croatia squad

He will be away in the summer. He looks as if he couldn’t care less if we win or lose & is trying to avoid getting injured before his next move.

The interview recently where he declared he wouldn’t be playing on artificial surfaces this season also bothered me - it was as if he had made the decision, not the club.

Did he put in a single tackle tonight?

He makes Windass look like Richard the Lionheart.

That's just made up nonsense. He was advised, it was literally in the article posted on here.

You have to assume he was advised by our own medical staff.

Hopefully osijek or some other croat outfit take him back, an absolute shitebag of the highest order.

For those saying Halliday should have started, did yous even watch the game on Friday? AH was absolutely fucking rank rotten and deserved to be dropped.

It's worrying. Technically he's a fantastic player, good pass, great cross on him, threat when taking set pieces yet he has absolutely zero fight, wanders into players thinking they wont press him and just looks to avoid any sort of physical battle. Some of it will take adjusting but he's made very little if any at all to it. The way he's been playing isnt what we need at all

Yeah I take your point but what I am trying to say is that Halliday is showing up better as an auxiliary full back than Barisic. That rings alarm bells with me for a guy we paid 1.5m for who has somehow got into the Croatia squad

Absolutely accept your point David. He’s been a major disappointment.

For those saying Halliday should have started, did yous even watch the game on Friday? AH was absolutely fucking rank rotten and deserved to be dropped.
When is that principle going to apply to the rest of them?.....

He's played well their all season including the Tims game where he played a big part. One bad game doesn't mean you drop him for a player who's been dreadful for the best part of the season.

It's worrying. Technically he's a fantastic player, good pass, great cross on him, threat when taking set pieces yet he has absolutely zero fight, wanders into players thinking they wont press him and just looks to avoid any sort of physical battle. Some of it will take adjusting but he's made very little if any at all to it. The way he's been playing isnt what we need at all

The funny thing is that he looked like a real warrior when we got him, as do most Croatians I’ve watched. Weird.

"Croatian international" they said, "best left back we have" they said.

He never tracks his man and now his crossing has gone to shit. He won't be here next season.

The sale of DJ surprised me. I thought the boy was developing his defensive game pretty well later last season.

Much of a muchness defensively, but John is far better going forward for me. Barisic is fukked if he doesn’t have space to get the ball out his feet and whip a cross in.

DJ could at least beat a man, come inside, link up play and was always good for a goal.

He was horrible at closing down crosses. I remember a post on twitter talking about it and it wasn't pretty, was pretty good going forward though

OK. Hadn’t noticed that to be honest. I do remember two games v the scum ( eg 3.2 at Ibrox ) where he played Forrest really really well.

The big question here is why is he anywhere near the team.....whybis Gerrard picking a player with no heart or desire ahead of Halliday who has that in abundance. Barisic has been an utter waste of money as has Grezda.....they’ve both been a con...that our football dept has fallen for!!!

Much of a muchness defensively, but John is far better going forward for me. Barisic is fukked if he doesn’t have space to get the ball out his feet and whip a cross in.

DJ could at least beat a man, come inside, link up play and was always good for a goal.

Agree. Bornas hardly beaten a man since he joined.

This guy surely isn’t the same player we saw playing for Osijek? Looks like a rabbit in the headlights and bottles it from any confrontation. The boy Ferguson was giving him a mouthful in the 2nd half and he went completely into his shell. Not what we require by a long shot.
Only reason he looked good against us was because he was up against Candeias and Tavernier on his side of the park

When is that principle going to apply to the rest of them?.....
I'm not saying it shouldn't
He's played well their all season including the Tims game where he played a big part. One bad game doesn't mean you drop him for a player who's been dreadful for the best part of the season.
It wasn't just a bad game he was absolutely dire, if Barisic played the way Halliday did on Friday he would have been executed, but he gets treated far worse despite never playing anywhere near as bad as that.

Apologies for shouting, but I'm sick of hearing about how well he played against us at Ibrox:

JUDGING HOW GOOD A PLAYER IS ON SEEING HIM PLAY FOR 180 MINUTES IS NO WAY TO JUDGE HOW GOOD HE IS.

Feel a bit better.

Anyhow, please stop with this Osijek stuff. Some of the worst players I've ever seen have had good 90 minute games.

He was horrible at closing down crosses. I remember a post on twitter talking about it and it wasn't pretty, was pretty good going forward though

Sure he was the worst or 2nd worst at closing down crosses from his side. An absolute bomb scare, masked by a couple of goals against Hamilton.

Actually thought he was far from the worst today. Must have been about 10 times he ran on the overlap and no one laid him off to cross it in, instead cutting in and going to square one. Had more good deliveries himself than everyone else combined.
Wasnt he at fault on the 2 goals?

He looks absolutely petrified playing at Ibrox.

He also pulls out of 50/50 tackles.

Halliday may have limited ability but I’d rather have him in at LB than Barasic. You know he’ll at least give his all, get stuck in an never shy away.

Ryan Kent was really poor tonight. Don’t know how he stayed on. Great attitude the kid has but he got so much opportunity to hurt them & wasted it all. As did Candeias.
I agree, the kid has real talent but still developing. I think he’s had too many games on the bounce. When he was forced out the team due to injury just before Christmas he came back on the same form we saw at the start of the season. Coincidentally Ryan had Glen Middleton in competition for a place, who knows how that effects players ability but he has been almost guaranteed a place of late.

Eventually the penny will drop for some people, hopefully including the management, that there are certain attributes that are an absolute must for any player coming to play in this league. I mentioned on the Shinnie thread that we have a crop of players that come with extras that are nullified in this league as they don’t posess the mentality, heart or toughness to compete and win. I’ve previously held the view that it was soley lack of quality, but I’ve changed my mind. There’s a reason why the core of most of our best teams were made up of players that would run through brick walls for the club. We all know them as fans favourites. Not all of them went on to make it at any other club or at a higher level, some didn’t have the skill or extras money will buy you, but they knew what this club were all about and how to win in this country. I’m not the best at putting my thoughts into words but feel that we badly need the mentality and physicality to bully and dominate our rivals before anything else. Barisic might just be about the best example I can think of. Besides his cracking left foot he appears a very ordinary player who offers nothing in the way of passion or fight. Some were even laughing at the suggestion that Shinnie would do a better job. Big re-think required on our recruitment.

I agree, the kid has real talent but still developing. I think he’s had too many games on the bounce. When he was forced out the team due to injury just before Christmas he came back on the same form we saw at the start of the season. Coincidentally Ryan had Glen Middleton in competition for a place, who knows how that effects players ability but he has been almost guaranteed a place of late.

Agree PP. He’s a real trier, but maybe needs a rest before the match at the Saviledome.

Eventually the penny will drop for some people, hopefully including the management, that there are certain attributes that are an absolute must for any player coming to play in this league. I mentioned on the Shinnie thread that we have a crop of players that come with extras that are nullified in this league as they don’t posess the mentality, heart or toughness to compete and win. I’ve previously held the view that it was soley lack of quality, but I’ve changed my mind. There’s a reason why the core of most of our best teams were made up of players that would run through brick walls for the club. We all know them as fans favourites. Not all of them went on to make it at any other club or at a higher level, some didn’t have the skill or extras money will buy you, but they knew what this club were all about and how to win in this country. I’m not the best at putting my thoughts into words but feel that we badly need the mentality and physicality to bully and dominate our rivals before anything else. Barisic might just be about the best example I can think of. Besides his cracking left foot he appears a very ordinary player who offers nothing in the way of passion or fight. Some were even laughing at the suggestion that Shinnie would do a better job. Big re-think required on our recruitment.

Good post.

He looked brilliant earlier in the season but he doesn’t look up for it and seems to have no confidence at the moment.

His runs all seem to be delayed and hesitant whilst he rushes crosses into the box. Most of which hit the first oncoming defender or are easily cleared. It’s like he’s panicking and can’t deal with the pressure.

Halliday's name at LB should be one of the first names on the team sheet every week and I'd never thought I'd be saying that 2/3 years ago.

If we insist on playing 2 attacking fullbacks the system should be a 3-5-2 to provide extra cover. Our two wingers are shit out of confidence anyway so it may do us a favour.

He reeks of fear.

He seems to have slipped through the psychological profiling that’s been mentioned in regards signings.

I’m wishfully thinking he’ll be better next season.

Back