Barisic interview in Croatian newspaper

got emotional reading that there. Fantastic interview by borna

I think I will cry if he leaves
I honestly think it would take a huge bid from a club who will be playing champions league football next season.
He doesn't strike me as a guy who'd be content moving to some shitty, non descript EPL mid table outfit purely for the money.
Put your hanky away. Borna's here for 56!

I honestly think it would take a huge bid from a club who will be playing champions league football next season.
He doesn't strike me as a guy who'd be content moving to some shitty, non descript EPL mid table outfit purely for the money.
Put your hanky away. Borna's here for 56!
He sounds like he really loves it here, but his agent is desperate for him to get a move!

He is the perfect example of why a new player should never be written off early. Shaky start with us but developed into a key part of our team and widely admired at home and abroad by top teams.

Aye thats obviously a factor to contend with.
Fingers crossed we'll get another season out of him
I’m kinda hoping that with him being nearly 29 in the summer that it might put the bigger teams off him. He should stay here and be a big fish in a wee pond. He might also decide to stay as a move that didn’t work out could impact his chances of going to the World Cup

I’m kinda hoping that with him being nearly 29 in the summer that it might put the bigger teams off him. He should stay here and be a big fish in a wee pond. He might also decide to stay as a move that didn’t work out could impact his chances of going to the World Cup
Agree with that. At 29 he's not going to fancy going to an 'elite' club and sitting on the bench til he's 32/33 when he's already at a huge club, with CL football in the pipeline and is major part of what we're doing here.
Here's hoping

Reading interviews like that, it really hits home how hard it must be for foreign players during these times.

Reading interviews like that, it really hits home how hard it must be for foreign players during these times.
Agree which annoyed me when Zungu was getting pelters for hanging about with the young team.

Here you’ve got a young man, with no friends or family, in a new city completely locked down and nothing to do.

Blame the draconian and inhumane restrictions.

Great interview from Borna though, so proud of him getting through his period as the boo-boys victim.

What is the situation in Scotland today, are all Rangers fans still Protestants and Celtic supporters Catholics?

- Yes, it is generally so among the fans, but there are always exceptions. We players don’t have any faith issues, in fact. Here, I cross myself before the game, no one has ever blamed me for that, and the fans really support me. It is important to them that you do your best for that coat of arms and the jersey you wear, and what religion you are, what kind of hairstyle you wear ... it doesn't matter to them. Just do your best on the field and they will adore you.

Only crosses we are interested in are the lethal ones in to the box !! :cool:

Was it against St Mirren when he scored and he just started delivering on being the player we all hoped he would be?
Before that there were plenty on here happily to get rid of him

He seemed to struggle with confidence initially but it shows the spirit in the guy that he kept his head down and battled through and has more than proved his worth to us.

He nailed the religion question as well.

I think that the turning point for him came when he won the 50/50 against Feyenoord to set up Ojo then the sublime free-kick against St. Mirren. Then we saw the real BB!!!
Love him to bits, no sorry, love all this squad to bits....

The comment about crossing himself speaks volumes, given this is always used as something to beat the Rangers fans with.
Agreed it’s a non issue so long as a player gives it 100% we love them. It’s just the idiots in the media here that bring it up. Good on BB for setting the record straight. Top man.

That’s why songs like sweet Caroline should never be played at Ibrox as it would be an insult to our RC players.
I have no time for the Roman church and we should do everything to stop it’s influence in Scottish society.
But we must back our players like we always do.
Borna, borna, borna , borna, barisic.

That’s why songs like sweet Caroline should never be played at Ibrox as it would be an insult to our RC players.
I have no time for the Roman church and we should do everything to stop it’s influence in Scottish society.
But we must back our players like we always do.
Borna, borna, borna , borna, barisic.
It’s only insulting to our RC players when the add ons are added

“Gerrard gave us Monday off but I went in anyway”
The professionalism of that guy oozes through.
He is a top class performer.
He is likely to play at the euros and it might be difficult to hold onto him next season but he might well want a crack at the champions league with Rangers

Back