Barisic not getting a run out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was an odd decision. Lacked a bit of class.

I used to be one of the staunchest defenders of Borna on this message board, but the way he's played recently, he didn't deserve to come on.

He had a chance, for weeks while Ridvan was injured, to make himself undroppable in the run in and he just didn't look like his heart was in it anymore. To me that lacks class, tbh.

Wish him all the best in the future, though.

I used to be one of the staunchest defenders of Borna on this message board, but the way he's played recently, he didn't deserve to come on.

He had a chance, for weeks while Ridvan was injured, to make himself undroppable in the run in and he just didn't look like his heart was in it anymore. To me that lacks class, tbh.

Wish him all the best in the future, though.
I think he’s just not the player he was in the past - age has caught up with him and he’s such weird player in terms of confidence as well. Another who should’ve gone a while ago.

I think he’s just not the player he was in the past - age has caught up with him and he’s such weird player in terms of confidence as well. Another who should’ve gone a while ago.

Absolutely. I always thought he got harder time than was often necessary, but couldn't defend him this season. He just looked checked out, especially since Ridvan started playing well and he lost his place.

We should have sold him in the summer, but for whatever reason, we let guys on big contracts run them down. Rather than trying to get some cash in the door.

Correct.

Poor Borna. We just ignore the countless times he melted down, had a terrible attitude, claimed an injury with a penalty shoot out on the horizon just to give him a two minute run out when it suited him.

Enjoy Turkey mate.
Exactly.

Add to that dropping Goldson, maybe he knows exactly what's required after all?

I get it, Borna is done at Rangers but he has been a decent signing for me. His replacement hasn’t been fit enough to play and we have had to play him more than we would like. I wish him all the best.

He's had years of run outs

Sometimes he's been good, sometimes he hasnt looked bothered

He's been paid very well for his time at the club, no room for sentiment

I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I realised that it was young Fraser and not Borna that was coming on to replace Yilmaz. BB has had his time, been poor for 2 years, and has chosen to run down his contract.

We’ve let Borna Kent and Morelos walk away from the club for zero.

If sold at the correct time easy 30 million plus in fees.

Murder

It is very simple. The 5 subs were made with the game in the balance at 3-2.

There wasn't an opportunity to give him a 2min farewell.

I’m glad we put on Fraser

Will boost his confidence and he looked good going forward and decent crosses

Borna has let us down far too often

If he gets game time v Hearts then fine but again a player who is leaving won’t be 100% committed

Look at Lundstram for weeks he’s been going through the motions and Saturday should see him never pull on out jersey again

Did well for a spell for us,but his best days are behind him now and needs moved on.
I very much doubt he'll really cared whether he got on for a 'goodbye' tonight in all honesty.

We’ve let Borna Kent and Morelos walk away from the club for zero.

If sold at the correct time easy 30 million plus in fees.

Murder

Should've been sold after Seville. His stock was never higher with him being in the Croatia squad and just playing a European Final. He was already regressing badly by then.

No issue with what the manager did tonight. Just doing his job.

If Borna hadn’t been coasting in neutral since the international break and was continually busting his bollocks for the cause then he’d have deserved a special place tonight.

Fact is his head looks like it’s been spending his signing on fee or whatever and thinking about a new life in the sun whilst we have struggled to win against dross. Almost unforgivable in my book but he isn’t unique or alone in this squad.

We are a professional club, we’re not giving Borna his wee run out when the league is technically still on

Did it %^*&. He's making a statement and sending signal out he won't be messed with. Barisic has been paid handsomely over the years to regularly shit the bed so deserves nothing.
The real test of that will be if he brings Lundstram back for the Cup Final

Its the little things like these that always give away an insight into why a player is leaving.

If it's an good terms with a consummate professional, they get the minutes.

If it's someone who was wasting everyones' time, not so much.

It's a sad ending for a key player for us at times, but ultimately how he managed his exit was something entirely within his own control.

Sorry to be blunt but f@ck him. Ridvan was really good tonight and great to see a young lad get a run out.

It's also good to see the manager taking this line. Drop goldson and then this. Cup final team and leave out Lundstrum and he'll have made his point

Whilst his bottle and his defensive ability can be questioned, the absolute class of character Borna is cannot. I don’t think he would a pity appearance at the expense of giving a young boy a run out. Football isn’t about sentimentality. Similarly if it were Tav, Roofe etc I don’t think they’d want that either.

Its the little things like these that always give away an insight into why a player is leaving.

If it's an good terms with a consummate professional, they get the minutes.

If it's someone who was wasting everyones' time, not so much.

It's a sad ending for a key player for us at times, but ultimately how he managed his exit was something entirely within his own control.

Exactly the point of the OP. I’m not questioning whether it was right or wrong but simply saying it was as quite a statement and tells me he has only been playing because Clement has been trying to tease out every last bit of quality to get us over the line and after Saturday he’s had enough.

It wouldn’t have changed much for him to leave another sub up his sleeve and give borna a farewell. In fact like you say had he been happy with BB effort and application I suspect Clement would have done just that.

His final game at Ibrox and he’s left on the bench for Fraser. Doesn’t even get a random 2 minute cameo once the game was done at 4-2.

That’s quite a statement from Clement tbh.

Statement that he's shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back