Barisic not getting a run out

Status
Not open for further replies.
While i wish Borna well in his future career, i have zero time for sentimental pish for players that no longer deserve to wear the jersey.

He’s been an average servant with not a great deal of memorable performances under his belt. He could put a great ball into the box and now and then be decent defensively, but let’s cut the bullshit here. He scored a free kick against St. Mirren that resurrected his career for the club at the start of his second season such was the poverty of his showings. He’s capitulated at the midden more times than anyone can imagine. He didn’t get enough goals as an attacking full back and he was generally average.

Sorry, room for sentiment is over for perennial losers in this squad, Borna being a core part of that.

The players walking around that park tonight after the game, smiling and having a wee giggle with each other etc. not for me. These players, nobody else, caused the absolute capitulation of our season from the Motherwell defeat, Ross County defeat, a dismal as you’ll ever see draw at Dens and 3 absolutely dross showings against the scum, arguably 4 had it not been for a miraculous comeback for a draw.

The club in general have been to blame for not kicking on when required and there better be someone right at the top of the table watching on, looking on in here and seeing the support that they so rely on be as unhappy as you’ll ever get at the club. Somebody better be getting planning for next season and make sure the wallet is full for it as well or else next season will actually be the worst season we will ever witness, far FAR worse than any perceived 10 in a row shite. They overtake our trophy haul in our lifetimes is literally the absolute worst thing that can happen to this club, our heritage, our culture. The fucking worst thing.

Zero time for sentiment for failure, none whatsoever.

Borna won't be on a wage cut going there. I liked him but like quite a few others he should have been sold before his legs went.

Trying to get paid every week will be the only issue going over there :))

All the best to him.

Clement not being sentimental at all. That's a positive for me. Plenty of managers would've gave Borna a cameo goodbye. Borna can say his goodbyes on social media and I wish him all the best

Clement just wanted 3pts and rightly so.

Clement sending a message to the players maybe about what's coming if they don't perform. Barasic has been a good player for us over 5 years and this was his last Ibrox game.

His final game at Ibrox and he’s left on the bench for Fraser. Doesn’t even get a random 2 minute cameo once the game was done at 4-2.

That’s quite a statement from Clement tbh.
Statement that mediocrity should not be applauded at our football club

I’m still bitter I got a 3 day ban for calling him out after one of his previous ridiculous performances.

I thank him for his part in some important goals but suffice to say he was not the rampaging, battle scarred, bandaged warrior we thought we were getting.

Nothing is done yet. What message does that send out if Clement chucks it and starts giving players run outs?
It would probably send the message that he wanted to allow a long serving player the chance to soak in the applause on his last appearance at Ibrox. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I'm not saying he should have, I think he's got to do what he thinks is needed to get the best out the squad. I just feel to talk about chucking it of the back of it if he did would be hyperbole.

A bold statement like dropping Goldson.

I totally expect this manager to end numerous careers this summer. Long overdue
It’s exactly what we need.

We’ve had enough half baked rebuilds and hanging onto the coat tails of underperformers. We need a guy with a huge set of balls to come in and make drastic personnel changes - I’m starting to feel confident Clement is that guy.

It’s exactly what we need.

We’ve had enough half baked rebuilds and hanging onto the coat tails of underperformers. We need a guy with a huge set of balls to come in and make drastic personnel changes - I’m starting to feel confident Clement is that guy.
He drained the swamp at Genk and Club Brugge. Low and behold he had success at those clubs.

Got to trust his judgement

We'd used all 5 subs when the game was still 3-2

He also decided to use the time to give Robbie Fraser some game time

Sentiment will get us nowhere, and Clement clearly would gain more out of seeing RF than BB

Or it could be the difference for a young lad like Fraser proving that he should be among the first team squad and signing a new contract.

Sentiment has been our downfall for too long. In business (and professional sport is a cut-throat business) sentiment is a recipe for accepting mediocrity. Give no quarter to anyone, including match officials as well as opponents. Nice guys are popular - but they are more often than not just losers.

I thought it was an odd decision. Lacked a bit of class.
Hahaha %^*& sake. Barisic has cost us countless games with his piss poor defending the past couple of years and was pish again in the game that mattered at the weekend.

Quicker we get rid of guys like that and replace them with better quality the better.

Sentiment can get fucked until we’re back to being a winning force again and there’s a lot of work to do to achieve that.

Sentimental pish. He’s been here about 2 years too long.

He’s leaving a millionaire, he’s not a poor soul because he never got a run out or a round of applause in his last game.

That was Robbie’s debut tonight, im sure he’s been at the club over 10 years. His contract is up soon, so for me he more than deserved that tonight. That could be his one and only game for us.
14 years he said himself in his interview. A lot of folk saying he's out of contract next month. If Clement sees fit to give him a debut tonight I'd assume there is a contract offer coming his way.

When Borna was good he was very good and I can think of few Rangers left backs who could cross a ball like him. We all get old however and like the rest of us,our skills atrophy with time.
Goodbye Borna and have a great life.

Another nonsense thread tonight. Why give him a cameo when 1) you can’t trust him and 2) the game wasn’t over until 88 mins.

No time for sentiment or emotional farewells. Especially not for the guy who has won 3 trophies from 18. Good luck to Borna wherever he goes but fingers crossed this is the beginning of all the losers leaving.

We'd used all 5 subs when the game was still 3-2

He also decided to use the time to give Robbie Fraser some game time

Sentiment will get us nowhere, and Clement clearly would gain more out of seeing RF than BB
He never did any of that when the league was still live though. It’s been a horror show of bad calls over the last month or so.

My mate says that Borna is the only full back he’s ever seen who defends as if the winger has a knife.

He never did any of that when the league was still live though. It’s been a horror show of bad calls over the last month or so.
Why chuck a young kid into the mix to be part of the annual bottle job? Doesn't make sense.

I thought it was an odd decision. Lacked a bit of class.
I think it had nothing to do with class more a manager trying to win a game. It could be the case that Birnas attitude has been poor around the training ground and didn’t deserve a swing song. I don’t know

The time for send offs is when you’ve a treble in the cabinet

When you’ve lost 3 leagues on the spin, sentiment %^*& off.

Thanks Borna for some good memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back