Barry Ferguson - the player

Are you at the madam?
Who cares?
The point was that held his own at Wembley against England. And just an aside, he also won a League Cup medal at Birmingham against another top class midfield of Arsenal. Not many outside of the top 6 win any trophies in England, never mind an underdog like Brum.
Maybe he's got the painters in and his headache is excruciating. :p

• Haha
Reactions: TQ3
Who went on to the Euros?
It’s a team game ffs. And this was back before the Nations League, increased numbers of sides and the other avenues that have been created just to ensure there’s even less chance of major nations missing out.

W
He was brilliant at Blackburn. That injury stuffed him up.

I think his own approach to the rehab didn't help either. Going out on the lash constantly because he was homesick and then incurring the wrath of Souness for continually undertaking long drives back to Scotland that ended up hurting his back.

Absolutely love Barry but he never helped himself at times. I don't think even a SAF or Wenger type would have changed him much as it's just the type of character he is.

In his second spell where he was undoubtedly a different player from his 02/03 peak he still had some magnificent performances.

Stuttgart at Ibrox and in particular the 3-0 win over Celtic in 2007. The press were working themselves into a frenzy about Brown before that game and Barry absolutely ran the show. Put a real marker down that he was still top dog.

Remember a game when Barry was 18/19 ,Kilmarnock at home,think it was 4 0? Got taken off with about 10 mins to go,was sensational,run the whole tempo of the game,head up all the time with the ball,love players like that, standing ovation

run the whole tempo of the game,head up all the time with the ball,
I loved seeing him lift his head and puff his chest out with the ball at his feet. Genuinely looked like the game belonged to him.
Easily the best home grown Rangers player I have seen so far. I doubt we will see his likes again.

I loved seeing him lift his head and puff his chest out with the ball at his feet. Genuinely looked like the game belonged to him.
Easily the best home grown Rangers player I have seen so far. I doubt we will see his likes again.
Yeah that puffed out chest, head up,knew everything that was going on around him,to have a player like that just now.....

Reactions: TQ3
Back