Bassey is immense!

I really don't see us being able to keep Bassey this Summer but what I will say is.

Gio and his staff have coached and improved him to the level he is at now over the last 6 months or so. They have done the same to Lundstram. That has to be a good sign for the future. Gio implementing his style of play on present players and players that he has his eye on going into the summer makes me excited for what the future holds.

The amount of improvement in him over the course of the last year is staggering. He’s an absolute beast of a player now, at left back and centre half.

Last time I thought “yeah, he’s too good to play in Scotland” was Boumsong. Bassey is at that level.

He’s too good to be playing in the SPL

The progress he has made this season is amazing, the big man is going all the way to the top in my opinion

giphy.gif

The lad has always had the raw ingredients to be a player but its his determination, mentality and focus that has taken him on to the next level should he be an inspiration for all our young players. He's also got an opportunity and a run which helps..

It’s like he chucks another cheat code into his skill set every week - legit playing like the create a player Calvin Bassey would make of Calvin Bassey

Just ramp the skill up to 96 this week

He's a monster. Incredible athlete and he can play a bit as well.
I'd love to see him as a centre forward to see what he could do (I'm kidding....kind of)

Calvin Bassey frustrates the life out me I’ve got to say.

Frustrates me in that we cannot clone him to play him at both centre back and left back.

He is ridiculously good at both and I can’t decide which he’s better at.

Dont know if this has been posted. He has no right to win this, he shouldnt have the energy to win it, but he wins it.

Mate this clip nailed it. He laughed after he won it. He’s just done 120 mins in soaring seville heat but still dominated it that late into the game.

An absolute colossus of a boy that I will be really gutted to see leave but I think he could be destined for the top

I thought he was again tremendous. I know there will be offers for him, though I would love for him to stay, however, if we get the £20M (that is the figure that Neil McCann quoted) then I think he will go. The secondary benefit is that it proves to young players down in the EPL that a move to Scotland/Rangers can be the springboard for your career.

People were talking about £20m. I wouldn’t be entertaining anything unless it started with a 3. He is immense. You can’t teach athleticism like that. He has the raw tools to be world class. Al absolute colossus and the improvement in the past 6 months is like something ive never seen before
His crossing today was every bit as good as peak BB. Big difference is he can also dribble past defenders, outmuscle and bully them and is absolutely tremendous defending as well.

World class? I know I wear blue tinted specs but I actually agree he has everything needed to get there. He was bloody flawless today and scarily, we can all see he will probably get even better.

Absolutely love the lad. I hope he signs a new deal and we get him for at least 2 more years.

At left back he's like one of those uruk-hais from lord of the rings

Half expect him to charge down the wing with a white hand on his forehead shouting 'saruuuumaaan'.

Id absolutely shit it playing against him.

What a player.

He's a monster. Incredible athlete and he can play a bit as well.
I'd love to see him as a centre forward to see what he could do (I'm kidding....kind of)
Bassey has plenty of attributes to play further up the pitch. He would terrify defences with his speed and power. He would absolutely ruin teams in Scotland as a left winger.

The boy is an absolute monster.

If he's one of our lowest paid players then we need to be making him a better offer.

I know I've said earlier in the thread that I don't see him playing for us again but next season I'd love to see him left of a back 3.

Got sent this earlier

Bassey is the whole reason we have the model we do.
We find players that are not for one reason or another given a fair chance and we train and refine their talents Bassey in another year will go for mega and his career will be on track.
If he is wise he will stay and be the best he can be then take on EPL.

His crossing today was every bit as good as peak BB. Big difference is he can also dribble past defenders, outmuscle and bully them and is absolutely tremendous defending as well.

World class? I know I wear blue tinted specs but I actually agree he has everything needed to get there. He was bloody flawless today and scarily, we can all see he will probably get even better.

Absolutely love the lad. I hope he signs a new deal and we get him for at least 2 more years.

He just absolutely breezes by people with power and strength.

Back