Bayern v Madrid tonight

Did you miss his winner the other week in the biggest derby in the world?

Judging by your username you must still be annoyed Real knocked you out in the quarters :D

Bellingham is a world class player but still only 19, he will have quiet spells too.
Mate I'm still fuming about that you've opened up a wound again by bringing it up lol

He's a top young talent yes, a million miles away from being the best in the world like some people are so desperate to crown him already. Big players don't fade into the periphery in the biggest games. The 3 big games they've had recently and he's managed 1 good first touch and a lot of arm flailing and gesticulating at the ref.

Barca are a pale shadow of their former selves so it's hardly the top tier barometer to measure him against when trying to shoehorn him into elite class

Did you miss his winner the other week in the biggest derby in the world?

Judging by your username you must still be annoyed Real knocked you out in the quarters :D

Bellingham is a world class player but still only 19, he will have quiet spells too.
Barca are shite to be fair

Mate I'm still fuming about that you've opened up a wound again by bringing it up lol

He's a top young talent yes, a million miles away from being the best in the world like some people are so desperate to crown him already. Big players don't fade into the periphery in the biggest games. The 3 big games they've had recently and he's managed 1 good first touch and a lot of arm flailing and gesticulating at the ref.

Barca are a pale shadow of their former selves so it's hardly the top tier barometer to measure him against when trying to shoehorn him into elite class
He's got to step it up a bit in the big games but he's only young. He won't want to end up like Haaland, only turning up against the diddy teams.

That’s their 4th draw in a row in the CL, they are hard to beat - he plays a big part in that for me. Last season they’d have lost that game, like they were spanked off City. He played his part tonight. I personally think he’s been told to act in certain ways at times, basically in line with how some Real greats have - a replacement was needed for Ramos for example on that front and he is providing it. The rest is going to come in time, Kroos and Modric need replaced soon, next few seasons Bellingham will just get better.

Missing it due to a flight :(

Should be a cracker
I fancy Madrid to go through the tie but a 2-2 draw tonight is my prediction
Quality
Missed a belter i see

Didn’t put a bet on score prediction & got it correct

Bastard sporting the green and grey with an unpleasant linger behind me on flight

Prick next to me thought having his bare feet out is acceptable social etiquette

Terrible tuesday
Roll on PSG Dortmund

Last edited:
The mask of Jude slipping now is it? Another quiet outing in a big game for the supposed best player in the world?! Think it's pretty obvious that Vinicius is really Madrids main man especially at this stage of a season.

Sounds like a cracking game. Look fwd to the second leg.
Jude really eats you up inside lad. Have you watched 'Baby Reindeer' yet?? You're giving off mad Martha vibes.

Bayern are a brilliant team, folk just don't appreciate just how consistent Leverkusen have been and how strong the German league is. In any other Bundesliga season this Bayern side would have wrapped up the title by now

Hope they go onto win the CL, Kane deserves it

Bayern are a brilliant team, folk just don't appreciate just how consistent Leverkusen have been and how strong the German league is. In any other Bundesliga season this Bayern side would have wrapped up the title by now

Reckon they'll take the league back next season.

Reckon they'll take the league back next season.
Quite probably. Any time I've seen Bayern this season mainly in Europe they've looked extremely strong. Leverkusen have had a freak season up to now and itl take that again I think to stop Bayern taking the league back next season.

I agree mate. He's superb and he's the best young midfielder in the world but he's got a bit to go yet before he's the best midfielder in the world, he will get there though.

Quite probably. Any time I've seen Bayern this season mainly in Europe they've looked extremely strong. Leverkusen have had a freak season up to now and itl take that again I think to stop Bayern taking the league back next season.
Aye will take some amount of doing for Leverkusen to repeat anything close to what they've just done for a second season running. Don't know how relevent an example this is but look at Napoli this season compared to the season before. Like I said maybe not the most relevent example :D

The lad Kim had to be on the Real payroll. Running around like a headless chicken for the first goal and then that tackle for the penalty?!?

They’ve been poor this season to be fair - an extension of last season, Kane has been the big plus. The league has gradually gone backwards the last decade, losing De Bruyne was a big turning point for the Bundesliga - Wolfsburg were main challengers at the time. Whilst Leverkusen have been superb the majority of sides are weak, your point about without Leverkusen they’d have won it speaks for itself. CL performances recently have been the shining light in a poor season for Bayern, Saarbrucken was overlooked by many, really hurt them that in the same way the loss to Freiburg in the Cup did last season.

They’ve been poor this season to be fair - an extension of last season, Kane has been the big plus. The league has gradually gone backwards the last decade, losing De Bruyne was a big turning point for the Bundesliga - Wolfsburg were main challengers at the time. Whilst Leverkusen have been superb the majority of sides are weak, your point about without Leverkusen they’d have won it speaks for itself. CL performances recently have been the shining light in a poor season for Bayern, Saarbrucken was overlooked by many, really hurt them that in the same way the loss to Freiburg in the Cup did last season.
2pts off the total they won the league with last season with three games to play. Win all those games and they finish 7pts better off than the previous season and not retain their title. That won’t happen many times in any league in the world.

Leverkusen are having a freak season and already 10pts ahead of last season league winning total pts. I hope they go on and manage to go an entire season without losing a game. That would be an outrageous achievement from Alonso and his team.

2pts off the total they won the league with last season with three games to play. Win all those games and they finish 7pts better off than the previous season and not retain their title. That won’t happen many times in any league in the world.

Leverkusen are having a freak season and already 10pts ahead of last season league winning total pts. I hope they go on and manage to go an entire season without losing a game. That would be an outrageous achievement from Alonso and his team.

They’ve been poor, anyone who’s watched them regular will know this. Started in the Super Cup and continued throughout the season, it’s not a strong league anymore - always hoped Red Bull would go against their ethos and buy proven winners so as they could challenge but they just don’t do it.

Hoeness made a telling quote here, something that was identified a good while ago when Schweinsteiger and Lahm were close to retirement:

I believe this is why Rangnick is being considered.

They’ve been poor, anyone who’s watched them regular will know this. Started in the Super Cup and continued throughout the season, it’s not a strong league anymore - always hoped Red Bull would go against their ethos and buy proven winners so as they could challenge but they just don’t do it.

Hoeness made a telling quote here, something that was identified a good while ago when Schweinsteiger and Lahm were close to retirement:

I believe this is why Rangnick is being considered.
So essentially too much success has made them comfortable and complacent, hence them dropping below their usual standards this season? That what I read from Hoeness's comments. It's still relevant though that they've a similar points total to last season and only an extraordinary season from Leverkusen has stopped them doing 12 in a row.
Losing the league might be all it takes to regenerate the hunger in that squad to go again. The talent they've got going forward especially is frightening, it stands up against any other forward line in europe for me.
I think they're an extremely dangerous threat in that 2nd leg next week tbh and I expect them to be back on top in Germany next season.

So essentially too much success has made them comfortable and complacent, hence them dropping below their usual standards this season? That what I read from Hoeness's comments. It's still relevant though that they've a similar points total to last season and only an extraordinary season from Leverkusen has stopped them doing 12 in a row.
Losing the league might be all it takes to regenerate the hunger in that squad to go again. The talent they've got going forward especially is frightening, it stands up against any other forward line in europe for me.
I think they're an extremely dangerous threat in that 2nd leg next week tbh and I expect them to be back on top in Germany next season.

It has been coming to be fair. The main point is the league isn't very strong, just have to look how they have struggled in the CL the last few seasons - Villareal for example was a big let down and City just walked through them. At Bayern they expect to win the league and I can't blame them with how weak it has became. For all Leverkusen have done this season there is no getting away from that, they also have only faced one Bundesliga side in the Cup and in the Europa League they haven't played much of great quality. It's a huge embarassment for Bayern they have lost 6 matches this season in the league and went out the Cup to a third tier side, they know the league is weak as well - that is what is hurting them even more. The ties v Arsenal and that last night v Real have got them a bit of pride back as the rest of it has been woeful, like I said earlier it started in horrendous fashion against Red Bull in the Super Cup, then there was Saarbrucken and at EF losing 5-1 as well was a right balls up.

Back