BBC Bias

"Its not a competition". The wife tends to say this when we're arguing about something. I respond by saying, "its just as well cos Im winning".
You'll be divorced before Steve Davis retires from international football :D

The question has to be: Why has Europe not?
Ahem.

Last edited:
To be honest GB has not got over Brexit. Can't even get enough Lorry drivers to get petrol to the pumps or food to the supermarkets
Myth perpetuated by the left. I am in Tenerife and the same problems that the UK face are evident here it is nothing to do with Brexit all to do with our Chinese pals and their COVID.

No.
It really needs to be emphasised time and time again, that the Reformation in Scotland was probably the most successful Protestant Reformation anywhere in Europe,
By the mid-eighteenth century, it is believed that 97 percent of all Scots were Protestants.

The later recovery of Roman Catholicism in Scotland was imported,
I was on about who speaks Gaelic, I know all about the reformation funnily enough.!

Have a look at the New Culture Forum to get an idea of how BBC bias affects public opinion. Although the programme doesnt mention Rangers you can imagine how the BBC's biased views have an impact on our club and fans.

I meant to add the programme is on youtube. Its called "Heresies".
Right on. I've been watching Peter Whittle's New Culture Forum show on You Tube for quite a while. If no one has seen it then everyone should watch Robin Aitken being interviewed on the show where he tells of his time at the BBC as a journalist and editor. What an eye opener to the bias by the BBC over many years - utterly shocking.

Watch the show anyway as an antidote to the woke culture we're experiencing.

I think you will find that Europe has too mate.
I live in Germany and in and out of Holland on a daily basis and have not heard of one problem on the German or Dutch news. The price is going up but that is OPEC, and the ruskies are throwing the gas prices up. In fact both countries are taking measures to try and keep gas prices still payable.

An archaic hobby language then?

That would be Latin or Gothic. Funnily enough, one of the main language killers, i.e. the English language, is ladden with loads of (basically) Latin words.

As long as languages are spoken by hundreds if not thousands of people, they are hardly "archaic". Likewise, no language deserves to die or should be neglected or ridiculed because it sounds "funny" to other people. Language death is a serious matter and Gaelic and even Welsh are going down that route ... because of the rather simple English. And even the English predecessor in Scotland, the West German language of the Angles (i.e. Anglish, later named Inglis) which developed into Scots was later more or less wiped out by the West Saxon dialect spoken in Southern England, once the West Saxons around King Alfred threw the Danes out of middle and northern England. What remained is modern Scottish English, which essentially is Souther English with a Scottish dialect ... and a few Scots and Gaelic speakers. If I was a Scot, I`d be proud of my cultural heritage to which my country`s languages belong ... even though I`d too be hesitant to try my luck with Gaelic ... as it isn`t an easy langue to learn or speak (as opposed to English, hence the latter is a wicked language killer).

That would be Latin or Gothic. Funnily enough, one of the main language killers, i.e. the English language, is ladden with loads of (basically) Latin words.

As long as languages are spoken by hundreds if not thousands of people, they are hardly "archaic". Likewise, no language deserves to die or should be neglected or ridiculed because it sounds "funny" to other people. Language death is a serious matter and Gaelic and even Welsh are going down that route ... because of the rather simple English. And even the English predecessor in Scotland, the West German language of the Angles (i.e. Anglish, later named Inglis) which developed into Scots was later more or less wiped out by the West Saxon dialect spoken in Southern England, once the West Saxons around King Alfred threw the Danes out of middle and northern England. What remained is modern Scottish English, which essentially is Souther English with a Scottish dialect ... and a few Scots and Gaelic speakers. If I was a Scot, I`d be proud of my cultural heritage to which my country`s languages belong ... even though I`d too be hesitant to try my luck with Gaelic ... as it isn`t an easy langue to learn or speak (as opposed to English, hence the latter is a wicked language killer).
I don't agree about language, although I get your point that as a part of the world's heritage it encompasses enormous cultural treasure.
However, language is really just a barrier that doesn't make humanity better, rather it serves to cause many of our problems.
If humans all spoke the same language the world for humans would be a much better place.
Communication is the secret to understanding and understanding is the key to community and community is the enabler of peace.

Of course, there is a trade-off in this and it is the loss of the cultural treasure of the mosaic of human language is replaced by advanced worldwide human communication.
However, most languages that have ever existed are now forgotten and humanity is probably the better for it.
Gaelic is on its last legs, but it is simply going the way of the majority of languages as humanity moves on.

Back