BBC complaint nonsense

EndOfDays

So I fired in a complaint about Hartson's comments (which will be moving to stage 2) and this is part of their response.

"We also note your comments regarding John Hartson’s description of Leigh Griffiths’ actions – “…and Leigh’s just underarm, sort of thrown his little bit of tape…” – as the player was coming off the park. This was John’s interpretation and you are, of course, free to disagree with him."

How cant it possibly be seen as open to interpretation?

0_Leigh-Griffiths034JPG.jpg

whats the rest of the complaint?

Thanks for contacting us regarding Sportsound on 23 January. We note your comments regarding contributor John Hartson’s description of a gesture by Rangers player Alfredo Morelos, and Leigh Griffiths’ tape-throwing actions in Celtic’s game against Kilmarnock.

John Hartson has published the following apology and clarification on Twitter regarding his comments about Alfredo Morelos:

“Apologies for my wording of the Morelos gesture last night on @BBCSportsound it was a fist pump gesture that earned him a 2nd yellow card versus Motherwell not a middle finger, I will choose my words more carefully in the future.”

Presenter David Currie, on Sportsound the following evening, also acknowledged that he should have corrected John Hartson at the time.

We also note your comments regarding John Hartson’s description of Leigh Griffiths’ actions – “…and Leigh’s just underarm, sort of thrown his little bit of tape…” – as the player was coming off the park. This was John’s interpretation and you are, of course, free to disagree with him.

Thank you again for your feedback. Your comments have been shared with the Sportsound team to take on board and included in our overnight reports, among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC.

As a stake holder in there publicly funded organisation, Ask to speak a senior management member if not tell them you will lodge a complaint with Ofcom.

Yet another bitter prick.
Failed medical.
We had been stung with that before with Prodan therefore stringent medicals were in place.
Bitter bitter.

Thanks for contacting us regarding Sportsound on 23 January. We note your comments regarding contributor John Hartson’s description of a gesture by Rangers player Alfredo Morelos, and Leigh Griffiths’ tape-throwing actions in Celtic’s game against Kilmarnock.

John Hartson has published the following apology and clarification on Twitter regarding his comments about Alfredo Morelos:

“Apologies for my wording of the Morelos gesture last night on @BBCSportsound it was a fist pump gesture that earned him a 2nd yellow card versus Motherwell not a middle finger, I will choose my words more carefully in the future.”

Presenter David Currie, on Sportsound the following evening, also acknowledged that he should have corrected John Hartson at the time.

We also note your comments regarding John Hartson’s description of Leigh Griffiths’ actions – “…and Leigh’s just underarm, sort of thrown his little bit of tape…” – as the player was coming off the park. This was John’s interpretation and you are, of course, free to disagree with him.

Thank you again for your feedback. Your comments have been shared with the Sportsound team to take on board and included in our overnight reports, among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC.
Surprised it wasnt blamed on a poor Welsh translation.

The BBC would rather employ a bitter Tim with part of his brain missing than employ a bluenose.

Crichton (born 6 August 1987) is a Scottish international footballer who plays as a midfielder for Glasgow City and the Scotland national team.She previously played for Notts County in the FA WSL as well as Hibernian, Celtic, and Whitehill Welfare/Edinburgh Ladies

Why was I not surprised at that.

So unless you follow him on twitter you would never know of his apology also" thank you for your feedback" so they are not looking or logging it as a complaint.

Something must be done about this rancid organisation and their campaign of misinformation about us. Their apologies mean nothing as they dont mean it & have been reeling them off for yrs & still it goes on. Robertson has tried but failed as BBC London are not interested.

Keep in mind that Mr Hartson had some issues due to a medical condition. Because of this I do not consider him in the same light as Sutton or Stewart.

Their complaints procedure is designed to frustrate to let it pass and prevent future complaints.

So unless you follow him on twitter you would never know of his apology also" thank you for your feedback" so they are not looking or logging it as a complaint.
Also “choose my words more carefully”. There you have it. Tell a lie, and that’s the get out phrase that works for the bbc.
If I insulted or lied about someone at my work and my boss pulled me up for it, telling him I just didn’t choose my words carefully wouldn’t exactly cut it.

So basically if I ever say something libellous on National Radio I will be fine as long as I issue a semi apology on my personal Twitter page?

Back