BBC issue apology over unfair remarks about Hearts’ Austin MacPhee

You really have to laugh at that bitter cnut Willie Miller telling anyone to get a life. This chump was tipping Aberdeen to finish 2nd a few months ago. Prick. Hearts are a bigger club than Aberdeen. I can't wait to these sheep shagging cnuts slide right down that table. It is coming.
They won’t slip down the league because the teams below them are worse than them!

Their coverage is usually:

Insular.

Parochial.

Xenophobic.

Snide.

BBC Sport Scotland is actually really representative of the country as a whole when you look at it.
Nail on the head.

They don't like anything that doesn't fit their parochial idea of how football should be.

It's an absolutely rancid organisation (BBC Scotland), in particular their sports presenters.

It also speaks volumes that their bosses in London/Salford whatever ... seem to have no issue with their unprofessionalism.

I'm still hoping for a massive conga line around Pacific Quay when we lift title no.55.

The best thing for everyone would be if that building just sunk into the clyde without a trace. Preferably with some of the rancid little rats that work there still in it
It'd actually be worth paying a tv licence to watch it happening live

Manager of 3rd biggest club in Scotland has Europa League ambitions and the national football broadcaster with 4th rate presenters ridiculed him. Sums up Sportsound.

You really have to laugh at that bitter cnut Willie Miller telling anyone to get a life. This chump was tipping Aberdeen to finish 2nd a few months ago. Prick. Hearts are a bigger club than Aberdeen. I can't wait to these sheep shagging cnuts slide right down that table. It is coming.
If they’d rightly been relegated in 2000 they’d never have recovered.

Last night, Tuesday 18 November, I listed to some of the Sportsound radio show and this bloke, I think he may have been in Eck's management team when he was the Scotland boss recently, kept calling the Michael Stewart a liar, I think it was over his remark that Lee Griffiths had been treated badly by the Scotland management in the dressing room and he also said that the story about Eck forgetting the team lineup in front of the players was also inaccurate and that Eck had to excuse himself because he felt unwell. He also said that there was an agenda among the mhedia in particular against Eck when he got the job. Can anyone tell me who this person is?

Last night, Tuesday 18 November, I listed to some of the Sportsound radio show and this bloke, I think he may have been in Eck's management team when he was the Scotland boss recently, kept calling the Michael Stewart a liar, I think it was over his remark that Lee Griffiths had been treated badly by the Scotland management in the dressing room and he also said that the story about Eck forgetting the team lineup in front of the players was also inaccurate and that Eck had to excuse himself because he felt unwell. He also said that there was an agenda among the mhedia in particular against Eck when he got the job. Can anyone tell me who this person is?
It was Eck’s assistant, Peter Grant.

Stewart certainly had an agenda against Eck from day one of him getting the job.

Last edited:
It's an absolutely rancid organisation (BBC Scotland), in particular their sports presenters.

It also speaks volumes that their bosses in London/Salford whatever ... seem to have no issue with their unprofessionalism.

I'm still hoping for a massive conga line around Pacific Quay when we lift title no.55.
Why would they? Clive Myhrie got away with calling Tyson Fury a prat, Rita Chakrabarti only got censured for her Trump comments after press criticism. Then there are various comments from their radio presenters (Humphreys and Campbell the worst offenders)

Astounding that it takes someone like Grunt to publically defend Eck against the media filth.

Just shows you how diabolical the situation is.

Regards the thread, I hope McPhee gets a chance by Budge and is an actual success on a Hearts scale. Consolidate their place in the league this season and qualify for Europe next season with a cup win to-boot(if we don't make any of the two finals!).

Anything to show these absolute throbbers at BBC Scotchland up for what they are, and it'll be far from the umpteenth time...

Just shows you how diabolical the situation is.
I was worried about Eck but we are all getting older and nobody looks like they did 15 years ago! Was delighted to see him in fine form at the Legends match and he will be as happy as all of us are that his beloved Rangers are going strong again.

Nail on the head.

They don't like anything that doesn't fit their parochial idea of how football should be.

They booted %^*& out of Oduwa because he had the audacity to try and be a better footballer than the thugs that are developed up here.

It was bad enough the player doing it, it was even worse the justification put out by the media and managers.

I was worried about Eck but we are all getting older and nobody looks like they did 15 years ago! Was delighted to see him in fine form at the Legends match and he will be as happy as all of us are that his beloved Rangers are going strong again.

The Legends day was a good experience and Eck was a welcomed member. Fvck all his detractors !

I'd thought some time ago - that BBC Scotland couldn't get any worse - but they've been proving me wrong ever since

Of course it's normally us on the recieving end of their spite - but this apology - rather than genuinely admit errors - actually shows up the biased & petty agenda they normally operate -

It also makes me wonder if they are capable of ever ridding themselves of the sheer hypocrisy & extreme bias under the current regime?

Just as a suggestion in an earlier post - BBC Scotland is long overdue for a 'rip it up & start again' moment -

I regret I've no faith in the English version knocking the Scots fiasco into line - because surely they've had ample opportunity over a long period of time - to both identify & punish this deviant behaviour?

I know enough of us have complained directly to them already - but so far to no avail -
so it makes you wonder what needs to happen for changes to be made ?

Austin MacPhee has responded. He doesn't miss that gormless idiot Preston here.

“There were a series of comments, particularly from Allan Preston, which were lies to back up his case. His case was that Hearts are in a mess and I can’t do a job here.

“He then used four statements which were lies to justify that.
The first was that all we are doing are bringing in Manchester City academy players, when we don’t have a single Manchester City academy product in our squad.

“The second was that I brought Craig Wighton back into the team (for the Betfred Cup semi-final) out of nowhere to stick two fingers up at Craig Levein. Craig actually played Craig Wighton in the last two games Craig Wighton was fully fit for, away at Celtic Park and the Scottish Cup final.

“He then got injured against Inverness and had a meniscus operation in London. So for the BBC’s ‘Hearts expert’ to use that is a) disrespectful to Craig Wighton, a young player who has been working really hard in rehab and b) totally factually incorrect.

“He also claimed the academy was not working and that the last player we sold was Callum Paterson. Another lie. Marc Leonard was sold to Brighton and Jamie Walker was sold to Wigan.

“Lastly, apparently I was the one who brought Malaury Martin to the club. I had never worked with Malaury Martin, didn’t know Malaury Martin. He has just picked an unsuccessful signing and said ‘he brought him in’.

“I didn’t. However, there are five Northern Irish internationalists I have brought to the club. Arguably £25,000 for Michael Smith could be the best money the club has ever spent. Kyle Lafferty was the top scorer and came close to breaking Robbo’s (John Robertson) 20-goal record. The best returns on investment have been Isma Goncalves, who I worked with at St Mirren, and Lafferty.

“I know the difference between an error - we all make them - and a lie. It’s a malicious mis-statement. Four of them. I was very angry about that.

“The BBC have issued a public apology to me, which they don’t issue very often, saying that they apologise for the tone and lack of balance in the show, directed at me.

“I’m not actually bothered about that, it’s water off a duck’s back, genuinely. What I am bothered about is them saying that nobody is closer to the ground than Allan Preston and him either not doing his job or making things up. Live on the BBC."

“There were a series of comments, particularly from Allan Preston, which were lies to back up his case. His case was that Hearts are in a mess and I can’t do a job here.

The first was that all we are doing are bringing in Manchester City academy players, when we don’t have a single Manchester City academy product in our squad.

“The second was that I brought Craig Wighton back into the team (for the Betfred Cup semi-final) out of nowhere to stick two fingers up at Craig Levein. Craig actually played Craig Wighton in the last two games Craig Wighton was fully fit for, away at Celtic Park and the Scottish Cup final.

“He then got injured against Inverness and had a meniscus operation in London. So for the BBC’s ‘Hearts expert’ to use that is a) disrespectful to Craig Wighton, a young player who has been working really hard in rehab and b) totally factually incorrect.

“He also claimed the academy was not working and that the last player we sold was Callum Paterson. Another lie. Marc Leonard was sold to Brighton and Jamie Walker was sold to Wigan.

“Lastly, apparently I was the one who brought Malaury Martin to the club. I had never worked with Malaury Martin, didn’t know Malaury Martin. He has just picked an unsuccessful signing and said ‘he brought him in’.

“I didn’t. However, there are five Northern Irish internationalists I have brought to the club. Arguably £25,000 for Michael Smith could be the best money the club has ever spent. Kyle Lafferty was the top scorer and came close to breaking Robbo’s (John Robertson) 20-goal record. The best returns on investment have been Isma Goncalves, who I worked with at St Mirren, and Lafferty.

“I know the difference between an error - we all make them - and a lie. It’s a malicious mis-statement. Four of them. I was very angry about that.

“The BBC have issued a public apology to me, which they don’t issue very often, saying that they apologise for the tone and lack of balance in the show, directed at me.

“I’m not actually bothered about that, it’s water off a duck’s back, genuinely. What I am bothered about is them saying that nobody is closer to the ground than Allan Preston and him either not doing his job or making things up. Live on the BBC."
Fair play to him,

Now that's what you call a statement. I already liked McPhee, hes unusual in Scottish coaching terms in that he comes across as a knowledgeable coach with no axe to grind with us. After that statement he's went up in my estimation even more.

MacPhee has just publicly booted Alan Prestons balls and highlighted the unprofessional staff at BBC Scotland

Well done Sir.

Now that is a proper statement

Back