Bbc radio

Auldbear72

The usual poor broadcasting listening in an they lose commentary then 3 mins return on air an 2 mins later Willie Miller drops the Mike an he loses commentary shameful broadcasting

Some amount of turd polishing on Radio Shortbread, “ we played well, Croatia are an aged team, we can draw against England “ blah blah blah

Is there a Scotsman or Scotswoman out there honestly surprised at that score? England are favourites to win the group, they beat the second favourites, and Scotland have just lost to the team most likely to join them at an early exit. BBC Radio Scotland have got carried away, just like those tabloid back pages this morning. I was too busy with work to even bother tracking the score, but it's just about what I expected. I hope to be proved wrong in the coming days. ;)

Is there a Scotsman or Scotswoman out there honestly surprised at that score? England are favourites to win the group, they beat the second favourites, and Scotland have just lost to the team most likely to join them at an early exit. BBC Radio Scotland have got carried away, just like those tabloid back pages this morning. I was too busy with work to even bother tracking the score, but it's just about what I expected. I hope to be proved wrong in the coming days. ;)
Given 4 out of 6 third place teams qualify its harder to get knocked out than to qualify. I've had some stick for saying Croatia will finish bottom of the group. I've not seen anything to convince me I'm wrong yet.

On this afternoons evidence both England and Croatia will easily defeat Scotland. The Czechs, who looked an ordinary team for long periods, moved up a gear on two occasions and scored both times.
So for the pundits on the radio and TV to claim we have a chance of getting the results required are really straw clutching to an absurd extent.

Given 4 out of 6 third place teams qualify its harder to get knocked out than to qualify. I've had some stick for saying Croatia will finish bottom of the group. I've not seen anything to convince me I'm wrong yet.
Must admit, presuming that was their normal game against England then it’s probably true to say they’ve shown less in attack than the other three teams, but I reckon Scotland will probably take that mantle now!

5 live has been good for the games. There's been a few where I've been out in the afternoon so had to tune in. Even between games it's decent. Sure you can switch to the 5 live commentary on red button.

The Radio Scotland coverage was a shambles.
* they lost contact with Hampden for a couple of minutes of the actual match
* they lost coverage with Billy Dodds in Inverness, although all the listeners could hear him. Richard Gordon gave Dodds a couple of chances and wee Dodds started waffling away only for Dick Gordon to say, “nope we seem to have a problem with the connection in Inverness”.
* About six or seven employed between commentators and anchormen, when only Neil McCann and another would have been suffice.
* Stephen Thompson made an arse of himself arse kissing as pitch side interviewer, rather than asking pertinent hard hitting questions, it was all “it was a learning experience“ shite.

Very hard to give these clowns any more than 2/10.

5 live has been good for the games. There's been a few where I've been out in the afternoon so had to tune in. Even between games it's decent. Sure you can switch to the 5 live commentary on red button.
Listened to it yesterday as I was on a long drive back from visiting my son. The coverage was indeed decent. Made me laugh though, a full hour of build-up and not a single mention of the Czech team or discussion on how good or bad they might be. No mention of danger men or threats. It was just assumed by everyone that all Scotland had to do was turn up and the points were in the bag. The very thing that many Scots are all too quick to accuse the English media of - and here was that English media (albeit with Scottish pundits) - doing exactly the same thing about Scotland.:)

Back