Bear in Mind - Can you answer these 5 Rangers related questions? (Friday 28th)

MrBearightside

Can you name the 4 bears from snippets from their Wikipedia?

1) "On 13 October 2017, he joined National League side AFC Fylde on a one-month loan deal along with teammate Jamie Stott.

After impressing in his loan spell at AFC Fylde, he returned to Oldham Athletic."

Clue - Initals
GE

Answer -
George Edmundson

2) "In January 2016, he moved on loan to Scottish Championship side Rangers until the end of the season, with the move taking place to allow him to get first-team games in order to continue his recovery from injury. He made his first appearance for Rangers against Falkirk on 30 January 2016, coming on as a substitute for Kenny Miller, scoring the winning goal in the 90th minute."

Clue - Initals
BK

Answer -
Billy King

3) "He signed a new contract with Rangers in December 2018, due to run until the end of the 2020–21 season. On 29 December, he scored his first Rangers goal in the Old Firm derby against Celtic"

Clue - Initals
RJ

Answer -
Ryan Jack

***Older Bear***

4) "He started out at Queen's Park before then manager Bill Struth brought him to Rangers in 1952. He made his competitive debut in a 5–0 defeat to Hearts on 9 August. He scored his first and second goals for the club a week later in a League Cup match against Aberdeen.

Those goals were to be some of many. In his four seasons at Ibrox he netted 59 times in total. He was Rangers top scorer in his first season after scoring 31 goals. He won the Scottish league championship and Scottish Cup that season. He also won a Glasgow Cup in 1953. He is noted as scoring the first ever live goal on Scottish television.

He left Rangers in 1956 and joined Falkirk where he won the Scottish Cup in 1957."

Clue - Initals
DG

Answer -
Derek Grierson

Name team marked with XXX.

You will have to work out who the player is, then work out the club.

5)
1990–1998 XXX 254 (0)
1998–2007 Rangers 208 (0)

Clue - Initals of player
SK

Clue - Name of player
Stefan Klos

Clue - Initals of team
BBVD

Answer -
Dortmund

*** Heads up ***

I have been posting these for 95 days in a row, an average of 5 players a day = 475 players used.

I am struggling to remember what players I have used before as clues, so either these posts are going to start to fizzle out in the next week, or expect to get players that have been used coming up again and again.

Enjoy your day Bears!

Needed the clue for 1,never got the older bear:( and needed the initials for the last one.
Thanks for your efforts I enjoyed the quizzes.

Cheers Mr B

Needed the clue for 2 and didn’t get the older bear even with clue. Got the others with no problems

Got them all apart from the Older Bear who, to my eternal shame, never heard of so some research required on this fella who I'm sure made a telling contribution to the Club and it's just my ignorance letting me down.

3/5 Needed initials for 1,2,4 and 5. Never used them for 3 and made a baws of it. Never got the older bear either. Poor today but he ho.
I appreciate your efforts in posting this every day Mr B. 95 days running is a great achievement. Thank you and please keep them coming.

Got them all bar older bear. 1,2 and 5 needed clues. Thanks again MrB for your time and effort this last few months. These have became essential reading in the morning

Great quiz, love doing this every morning. I was convinced Q2 was Forrester but I’m sure he has been used already.

Got them all except the older bear.

Wouldn't worry about the occasional repeat, but if you think its diluting the quiz effectiveness then perhaps a super-quiz on a matchday is a possibility??

Thanks as always OP.

Funny enough I was just wondering how you never duplicated any of the questions LOL

1 I needed initials
2 and 3 got no problem
4 didn’t have a clue
5 needed initials for the player then got club

Never got 2 or the older bear. Took me a while to get the last one trying to work out who could play that many games and not score a single goal.

1, 3 & 5 today. Love doing it every morning. If there's doublers in the future that's fine or you decide to understandably stop it thanks for your efforts.

Didn't get 2 or older bear.

Don't mind some players repeating in future. Quality entertainment. Appreciated.

Got 4 without clues.. Older bear I didn't get.

Keep going Mr B... I'm forgetting who we have and haven't there have been that many so even if you do use the same ones I'll likely have forgotten!

Back