Bear in Mind - Can you name the 3 Bears from snippets from their Wikipedia? (Saturday 28th)

MrBearightside

1) "His best Rangers moment was when he came on as a substitute and scored twice in the 3–1 victory over arch-rivals Celtic at Ibrox Stadium.[10] It was the goals to make it 2–1 and 3–1, which he delivered. Rangers won the Premier Division titles in both 1995/96 and 1996/97,[7] but he could not establish himself in the Rangers starting line-up,[10] and was eventually not allowed to train with the first team.[8]

When Rangers bought striker Marco Negri in the summer 1997, he left the club shortly thereafter.[10] He scored 15 goals in 23 league games for the club."

Clue - Initials
EBA

Answer -
Erik Bo Andersen

2) "As he moved into his thirties, he was featuring in the Dons' first team only infrequently, but in late 1989 he was then signed for Rangers, reigning Scottish champions and his boyhood favourites. The move was surprising given that Rangers manager Graeme Souness had previously likened him to 'a basketball player' when he played against them for Aberdeen.Having been brought to Ibroxprimarily as squad cover, he played only a small number of first team matches, sometimes filling in in defence or midfield, before retiring from playing in 1991."

Clue - Initials
DD

Answer -
Davie Dodds

3) "On 25 July, Palermo agreed an undisclosed fee with Scottish Champions Rangers regarding him, who subsequently signed a three-year contract.On 29 July, he received his work permit, and made his Rangers debut the following day against St Johnstone in a 2–0 win, which was also his new manager Ally McCoist's first win in charge of the Glasgow-based club. He was due to play his first European Champions League Qualifier for Rangers on 4 August 2011 after successfully appealing to UEFA who earlier deemed him ineligible. He unfortunately injured his hamstring and was unable to play. He made his Old Firm debut on 18 September 2011 in a 4–2 victory and was praised heavily by the Rangers fans. He quickly became a fans favourite at Rangers putting in many consistent and impressive displays."

Clue - Initials
DG

Answer -
Dorin Goian

3-3 but needed the initials to be sure on number 2. I was initially thinking NC for that one!
Thanks again for posting.
I said Dodds then Cooper then Dougie Bell before looking at the initials and going back to Dodds. Lol

Number 3 knew the initials were DG without looking but always struggle with his name lol

All 3 again.

Needed the clue on number 2.

Had no idea Andersen left under a bit of a cloud? Surprised he wasn’t allowed to train with the first team?

I went for Neale Cooper for #2. Especially as it said he played defence or midfield. I ruled out Davie Dodds as he was a forward. Was he not?

3/3 but needed the clue for number 2. I thought it has him until the "filling in in defence or midfield" part. I don't really remember much about his time with Rangers.

Got them all this time with no clues. Although I’d never ever have described #3 as a “fan’s favourite”. He really wasn’t as I recall.

Credit due to the OP @MrBearightside for this by the way, great daily fun. Thanks.

Back